Trouble getting hardware from Newegg

zechs3

Limp Gawd
Has anyone had trouble getting anything shipped to them from Newegg?

I have now ordered the x570 Tomahawk twice.

First order placed on 11/17, directly from Newegg at MSRP. I never received a single UPS tracking update. It was eventually deemed lost by UPS.

I ordered the board again on 11/30, again directly from Newegg. Same thing seems to be happening.

Finally did some googling and found this article saying UPS has capped package pick ups from certain retailers due to over burden.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/02/ups...s-holiday-shopping-heats-up-report-says-.html

The shipping company also halted package pickups for Macy’s, L.L. Bean, Hot Topic and Newegg, The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday, citing internal documents confirmed by UPS employees in different regions.

Anyone else having delivery issues with Newegg?

Has anyone had trouble getting anything shipped to them from Newegg?

I have now ordered the x570 Tomahawk twice.

First order placed on 11/17, directly from Newegg at MSRP. I never received a single UPS tracking update. It was eventually deemed lost by UPS.

I ordered the board again on 11/30, again directly from Newegg. Same thing seems to be happening.

Finally did some googling and found this article saying UPS has capped package pick ups from certain retailers due to over burden.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/02/ups...s-holiday-shopping-heats-up-report-says-.html

Anyone else having delivery issues with Newegg?
It probably not unique to NE. The local UPS hub that services NE is more then likely the problem. The one near NE is probably extremely overburden atm during the holidays. Covid is probably adding to the hubs strain even more so then normally. I do the receiving at my job and we constantly get packages and shipments lost from all carriers.

No issues here. We just ordered and received parts for 4 full builds (including cases) and everything came just fine. (surprising quick actually, much faster than amazon is these days.)

The shipping labels say City of Industry which I think is their main location. Maybe your items are coming from one of their other warehouses?

No issues here. We just ordered and received parts for 4 full builds (including cases) and everything came just fine. (surprising quick actually, much faster than amazon is these days.)

The shipping labels say City of Industry which I think is their main location. Maybe your items are coming from one of their other warehouses?

It looks like both my shipments originated at City of Industry as well.

They also have Baldwin Park, California as their hop, but have no arrival scan or anything after that.

I ordered the X570 tomahawk from newegg on Monday and it was here by Wednesday. No issues at all.

Just had a USB hub shipped the other day, just a couple days after ordering it. It's shipping out of Cali.

It shouldn't make a difference both destinations were to New York.

Were you guys getting the usual arrival and departure scans?

Specifically past the first In Transit to Baldwin Park update. Both my shipments stopped updating after that.

Mine went to Fontana a day or two ago. It'll probably be a few more days by truck to Louisiana. Your package is probably on the way, but it'll take 7+ days from cali to NY.

My concern is really the lack of updates. I haven't encountered that with UPS.
The tracking for the second mobo looks exactly the same minus the 12/02/2020 ping.
UPS tells me 12/2/2020 they were confirming they were unable to find the package.

Anyway, I'm just curious if this is just me.

ups.png

The tracking for the second mobo looks exactly the same minus the 12/02/2020 ping.
UPS tells me 12/2/2020 they were confirming they were unable to find the package.

View attachment 305341
Ah, yeah that's a bit suspect. May be lost, or just misplaced. If you haven't already, I'd contact UPS about it.

I've ordered twice from NewEgg in the last week, and the pickup from UPS for the first one last week took longer than expected, but it showed up at my door on time. The second, UPS still shows as not picked up, and I would think they would have picked it up by now. However I can imagine UPS and NewEgg are "slammed" right now and everything just takes longer.

The UPS driver that came here the first two days this week had a different non UPS loaner truck both times. He said they are out of trucks and have to get loaners. So... as someone else said in another thread, interesting first world problems?

View attachment 305341
You may find that UPS My Choice (free) may give you more info. I've had great success using it to see more info than is available to the general public with the tracking #.

My aio got a tracking number Nov 29th but still shows on its way to ups.

Ok. So UPS and Newegg are slammed.
Upside being... this is a banner year for electronics. I hope this translates to R&D money and improvements.

Anyway, as was said first world problems.

Also their "innovations" is basically shipping coast-to-coast without updating tracking info, then maybe handing off to usps, which doesn't help any.

I got my last two items from newegg well before the supposed arrival date. My Fractal HDD Tray Brackets arrived in 3 days and I didn't spend any money on expedited shipping.

My Fractal Define 7 XL earlier this year also only took 3 days to arrive, but the damn box for the thing is so big that I'm sure they just wanted it out of the way.

Now both my MB orders, one order placed Nov 17th and the other Dec 1st, are set to arrive on Dec 10th and from two different locations.
So weird.

newegg.png

newegg 2.png

Now both my MB orders, one order placed Nov 17th and the other Dec 1st, are set to arrive on Dec 10th and from two different locations.
So weird.

View attachment 305820

View attachment 305821
I think sometimes they look at delivery address and try to coordinate a single delivery to save time. I could be wrong, I know thats not always the case, but it seems like something they do when bogged down.

I think sometimes they look at delivery address and try to coordinate a single delivery to save time. I could be wrong, I know thats not always the case, but it seems like something they do when bogged down.
I guess. But there is a 13 day split between those orders. I was imagining they lost or never shipped the first order and are sending them all now.

I had a weird issue with them a year or two ago. Ordered some memory and they shipped UPS. Got tracking info and everything, and it was eventually marked as delivered. Never found it so I thought it had been stolen off my porch. Newegg sent me a replacement. About three months later UPS delivered the original package. No idea where it was sitting all that time.

I had a weird issue with them a year or two ago. Ordered some memory and they shipped UPS. Got tracking info and everything, and it was eventually marked as delivered. Never found it so I thought it had been stolen off my porch. Newegg sent me a replacement. About three months later UPS delivered the original package. No idea where it was sitting all that time.
Same thing happened with me with an amazon order for some memory. Sometimes the gremlins like to play games with the post, I guess.

I ordered my 8 TB Seagate HDD from Newegg on the 13th. Shipping label created on the 14th. Shipped on the 15th. Out for delivery on the 16th.

I also ordered 4 ream of laser printer paper on the 14th and it has already been delivered to my house on the 16th. Only CA to AZ shipping distances so that helps. Ordered a toner cartridge along with the paper that supposed to arrive according to the tracking on the 17th.

It's actually been 4-5 years since I've used Newegg but have never had any issues during 10+ years of buying items from them. I only buy items that are shipped/sold by Newegg save for some minor <$10 items that if China screws me it's no biggie. But I haven't been screwed yet. Did I just jinx myself? {fingers-crossed}

Back