Triple Rad/Fan Push Pull question

RipperMac

Limp Gawd
I'm sure this has been asked but my skills with the search have produced sucky results with many answers...so here goes
I currently use the setup in my sig and while performance is sufficient I know it could be better...so I'm moving to a triple fan rad with push pull fans...of course I want quiet and efficient...so what are my options? I'm leaning towards the BIP III or the MCR320 but not which fans to use for max cool and quiet...thanks for any and all info
Rip

I am unfamilar with the BIP, but I have the MCR320 and I don't think you would have any issues with push/pull on it.

I am just using one set of 3 fans and it works just fine. I am idling at 35 from 50.

push/pull is not as effective as you would think, there is some gain but not anywhere near double. I would suggest that if quiet was a primary goal you consider one set of 38mm thick fans as another possible solution especially if you can determine in your specific set up if it would be easier to mount (or not).

I have the room with some modding but that would not be a problem...I have not ruled out that configuration...but I thought low speed push/pull config had the the potential for being quieter.

The gains, at 12v, are about 30% for an extra 3dba per fan...

However, at 5v, the gains are much closer to 50%, and the total cooling equals the amount of cooling you would get with 12v fans on both sides... but at a much lower noise level. If you value silence, 6 fans at 6v or so cool just as well as 3 fans at 12v, but about 6dba quieter.

Thats good news as I hoped....push/pull slow speed works just as good a single@full speed without the noise penalty...I thought that I had read that somewhere...now for the rad

Back