Trine 2

-Sn1PeR-

2[H]4U
I went ahead and picked this up as a few of my friends also bought it.

Has anyone started playing it yet? If so, what are your thoughts? I loved the first one.

I'm trying to get a few friends over tonight to play come co-op on the tv.

The graphics look pretty amazing, from what I saw on Steam. I think I'll stick it in my backlog.

I pre ordered the game and was able to play the beta and the graphics is amazing. I cranked up the graphics with DX11 enabled. It's the best 2d/3d environment I've ever played. background music is good too. I'll definitely going to play this when I get home tonight. :)

Probably break down and pay $15 for this since I have nothing to play now and after xmas I'll have skyrim and SW-TOR to keep me occupied. I'm sure it will be cheaper soon, but I also know I'll get $15 worth of gameplay out of it.

Co-op is great fun. The game play is very similar to the original, but character skills have been slightly tweaked and new abilities such as frost arrow and the ability to levitate enemies have been added. The level design seems slightly more whimsical and some parts have multiple paths (ie. top and bottom). Overall I would say the level design is better than the original. I had an absolute blast playing it for ~2-hours in same screen co-op mode on the tv (all using 360 controllers) tonight. I think we are ~25% through the game according to the levels list -- this is about what I expected. I love the art direction and the physics based puzzles. If you can get a group of three together it's an amazing experience. Probably too soon to predict game length, but looking like ~6-8-hours or so (probably faster for those that like to sprint through games and then bitch about length), but $15 is an easy sell for me regardless of game length if it's a quality same screen co-op experience. We played a few hours of Trine 2 and some Jamestown tonight - good times.

I played it for 2 hours last night (singe player). I guess I'm slow because I only completed 3/13 chapters. I do try and get the secrets and pickup all XP stuff.

Visuals are great, game runs great (seems to have a 100fps cap).

Really good game - improves on everything from the first and "can" be fun with good MP partners. 4 hours in and on chapter 7 or 8 making sure to hunt for secrets and potions/gems/blue things that upgrade skills.

Graphics and gameplay wise this is one of the best 3D/side scrollers since.....Trine 1.

Its so beautiful and wow does it work out my GPU's , its got great gameplay and a keen sense of humor.

Co-op is just great , for $15 bucks its totally worth it.

this game is pretty graphics intense haha. 2600k at 4.9 with 6990 only 100fps on max at19*10. makes the gpu work at 100%!

Waiting for 5$ price tag...

Same to be honest. I really liked Trine in all fairness but I can't quite justify the price tag on these indy games, they've aimed a little too high. I have no doubt that Trine 2 is amazing but I tend to beat games quickly and puzzle games even faster so the value to me is often hard to justify.

Has anyone set up Trine 2 to use two keyboards/mice? I have found various threads around the internet and on the steam forums that it is possible but I am having no luck finding a guide as how to set it up.

edit: Nevermind, I think I got it working. Just got to figure out sensitivity settings.

Last edited:
Blowing off steam by killing each other in over-elaborate ways never gets old. :)

Hopefully this will be part of the winter sale, I loved the first one.

Just fyi, the devs have already said it will likely be around a year before they put it on sale or into a bundle with other games.

src

Just fyi, the devs have already said it will likely be around a year before they put it on sale or into a bundle with other games.

src

That may or may not turn out to be true, however I don't feel that Trine 2 is really a must-play right now with so many other games to play, there's nothing really tempting me to jump on it straight away, so I'll be waiting either way.

I have the first one waiting in my backlog... this one will probably end up $5 by the time I have time for it.

Finished playing Trine 2 with my brother today. Slightly disappointed with the ending, it felt so easy for a final boss/levelm especially compared to Trine. I remember it took us a good number of tries to do the final level. I also missed picking up items opposed to reading scrolls from chests...it just felt so much more exciting to open a chest and finding an item rather than a poem I guess lol. I can't really comment on the game length of Trine 2 vs. Trine cause I played on offline mode and it didn't track time but it did feel a little longer. The graphics are definitely still beautiful and they added a few new environments but gameplay wise, I think I enjoyed the first Trine a lot more. I don't know if it's how they designed the game or just how my brother and I played, but it felt like we used the wizard 90% of the time to levitate each other across obstacles whereas in Trine the wizard was used more for actually creating boxes/planks/triangles to navigate through the game (if that makes sense). Overall, Trine 2 is fun, but I don't see myself replaying it like I did with Trine and probably wouldn't recommend buying it for $15.

I'm only halfway through and while FOR ME the game is definitely worth $15 based on the number of hours it will take to finish, I agree about most of the comments in the post above. I really feel like I'm using the wizard to "skip" a lot of obstacles rather than actually solving them. And yeah, I don't really get the poems in the chests. I assumed they were leading somewhere but maybe not.

i beat trine 2 with 2 other friends and coop is just insanely easy (since you can just float ppl on boxes and skip alot of puzzles) but nonetheless pretty enjoyable mainly because you can troll each other over and over.

but i would never play a game like trine 2 by myself.

Back