• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Tried folding again recently

st4rk

Gawd
Joined
Sep 19, 2003
Messages
1,013
It's been a while since I've seriously folded. Last time I remember you had to use a FAH client per core and run them in linux or virtual machines.

I installed the SMP client and a client on my gtx 560. My gtx 560 was getting a measly 11k ppd, so I think I need to overclock the shader.

The problem is my x6 1055t. When the client was running it wasn't using all the cores, so my proc was at ~25% utilization. I tried the -smp 6 option but that didn't work either. How do I get the FAH client to peg all 6 cores at 100%?

Is it still a benefit to run in Linux? What is this "mowing"?

Thanks.
 
"Mowing" is when your friend and fellow team mate passes you by and knocks you down a spot.

Some people mow many people at the same time.

Others have taken refuge in the "anti-mowing" shed. It is kind of like burying your head in the sand.
 
Very much benefit to running in Linux.

X6 you probably need to run with the -smp switch when you start it up.

Also for the X6 make sure you get a passkey as you will not get bonus without it.

Linux with the video card may be a mixed bag though.

mowing The other week I got a bunch of hardware to fold on and started racking up some massive points. As such I started "mowing" people by passing them in the ranks of total points. Pocatello started a thread about it recently.
 
if you started at first without the "-smp" flag, the single threaded work unit might still be in your queue even after you added "smp". So, you might just have to wait until a work unit or two finishes before you get the smp units.
 
Back
Top