Tribes: Vengeance

JestrzPlague

Weaksauce
Anyone interested? I've been following the series and am excited. I was just curious who here is also interested...

Yeah this game definately looks awesome. I'm loving the detail they put into each Tribe's unique suits. :)

I have teh beta and it's pretty cool. The action is much more fast-paced than previous tribes... sorta like Unreal Tournament.

Rise from the ashes forgotten thread... I am a huge Tribes fan, played them both extensively, even bought two addional copies of Tribes2 so that my friends would play with me ($5 at Bookmans). I think T2 was seriously wronged by Sierra and the general public, though its cool that they are free now. Am looking forwards to Tribes Vengeance with a vengeance... :cool:

versello said:
I have teh beta and it's pretty cool. The action is much more fast-paced than previous tribes... sorta like Unreal Tournament.

? i though tribes 1 is considered to be the fastest fps game ever...

KoDt said:
? i though tribes 1 is considered to be the fastest fps game ever...

Yas kiddin' me? Tribes, granted being one of teh greatest games evar, is pretty slow IMO in terms of action. It's nothing compared to cut-throat multiplayer games like Quake / UT, which Tribes Vengeance is more or less like... I swear to god, in TV whenever you go on a server, it's pretty much one big deathmatch.... but it's still gonna be good :)

specter554 said:
Yep, can't wait for open beta.

I don't even think there'll be an open beta...?!? My pre-order says the game will ship around November, so if that date is correct, that's around the corner.

wassup jesterz....
i know this Spamtheman fella is ready for it.

*welcome to the [H] btw <3

versello said:
Yas kiddin' me? Tribes, granted being one of teh greatest games evar, is pretty slow IMO in terms of action. It's nothing compared to cut-throat multiplayer games like Quake / UT, which Tribes Vengeance is more or less like... I swear to god, in TV whenever you go on a server, it's pretty much one big deathmatch.... but it's still gonna be good :)

I don't even think there'll be an open beta...?!? My pre-order says the game will ship around November, so if that date is correct, that's around the corner.

but you can move faster in tribes than any other fps. thats why

I played some of the beta at a friends house. It is very cool. It has the tribes 'feel'
you know what I'm saying ;)

I'm curious ...

1. I never played Tribes 1.
2. I played Tribes 2 awhile back (thought it was ok, but kinda slow gameplay at times)

What is the major difference between the 2 that made 1 so much better then 2. I'm just curious because I never played it. And what to look for in T:Vengence.

Thanks.

drhill said:
Word. Shame the ruined my love for it with the joke that was T2.

You mess with T2 you mess with my whole family! It was pushed out the door before it was done by the Sierra bastards so that they could dump Dynamix as soon as possible. I for one never had any issues and neither did my friends, and the subsequent patches up to the last one made it better and better. I also thought it was better then Tribes1 overall and though the internal online community got off to a bad start, you have to admit it was pretty sweet and very revolutionary... I'm sorry, but one of the funniest things I have ever seen is still a bunch of T2 guys on a hill doing the jig animation thing and then disintegrating when a heavy hits 'em with a mortar... :D

Where is tribes 1 available for free download ? I checked sierra.com but they dont have it there.

I gotta agree. T2 was just plain ol' fun. Then I look at D3 multiplayer and think, this is the best id could do?

Vengence may be just the ticket for new action since I'm getting bored of BF1942 now.

I'm looking forward to Tribes: Vengeance for two reasons:
1.) Action packed Tribes 1 style action
2.) StarSiege 2845, an official MOD being released with the game.

I loved the original Starsiege. I used to play it online all the time back on my PII 400 with a 56k modem. :D :D

I used to play Tribes 1 like it was my job. It ran so well on 3dfx cards (ala Glide). I used to play the renegade mod...oh...so sweet. Tribes probably was the main reason I became so intrested in computers. It was the reason I got a cable modem. I bought tribes 2....played it once and then boxed it back up to forget about it. Lets hope they do better this time around.

I don't see why Tribes 2 was so bad... I used to play competetively on the European ladder and play in the international championships and it was a hella lotta fun.

Plus the in-game email / buddy list was a big plus. Much better than having to hunt down a clan or something.

i never played tribes 1, but tribes 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. i loved that game, but it was pretty buggy. i cant wait for tribes vengeance

I don't remember how many hours of my life I spent on Tribes 1. I loved the Insomniax mod, Renegade was cool, Annhilation was just awesome. Far too much fun and one of the games to get things "right" in terms of fun mulitplayer. IMO, this is the bar by which multiplayer games need to be measured.

I haven't played in a while but keep considering reinstalling it. I just keep running into so many bastards online that I think I have lost all love of online play. But will be watching Vengance closely.

Cheers.

Anyone sign up for the Tribes:V beta and hear anything about it after that?

The closed T:V beta test has been going on for about a month now. The open beta test will hopefully be out at the end of this month or early september. If you are a Fileplanet subscriber you are supposed to get the beta test a week before everyone else, which should be anytime now.....

hell yeah tribes was the shit
tribes2 looked promising, but turnd out to suck :(
tribes vengence looks pretty cool, but it could be another tribes2

Awaken mighty thread and spread all your tribal glory! :)

Pass on the word, this game is going to set the bar. I just haven't seen it spoken about too much. Then again, I don't really go looking either. Share the tribes <3 with a friend and get in on this. Look forward to fragging with the rest of you guys.

I think T:V is either gonna be the sleeper hit of the year, or it's gonna be a total disaster. We'll have to wait and see.

Is Starsiege 2845 still going to be released with T:V? I heard some scuttlebutt a while ago that it may not be packaged with it.

T1 rocked, was not a fan of T2. I've been waiting for another *Siege game for a loooong time.

damn tribes I was the absolute shiznit. I got t2 but never played it much, it wasn't that bad just...didn't have the feel of the original.

for those tribes newbies out there, t1 was a lot cleaner and simpler than t2. it seems that they put in too much crap into the second game and forgot about the gameplay and feel.

I would like it alot for v:t to be sweet but I'm honesly not expecting much. after the dissapointment of t2 and other tribes games, I don't have the nerves anymore. I wish they would make the weapons more tight and small, and not giant, goofy quake3 type weapons. they also need to add like a buggy, halo style.

tribes 1 has to be one of the most balanced multiplayer games to date, there was almost no cheating/hacking aside from some view distance stuff, it had great mods, good netcode for the time and it was fun as hell. That and it had no cd key / cd check so you installed the game, and passed the Cd onto the next guy ;D

tribes2 was a joke compared to tribes1, it wasent that awful of a game but it had way too many problems to be considered a complete game, half the things were broken upon release and it was extremely laggy even running on a high end computer for that time, it just failed to live up to any of the high points of tribes1 sadly.

If tribes:V is anything like tribes1 with better graphics + vehicles it will be one awesome game

ohh and for tribes1 being slow paced, try ultra renegades with no respawn time O_O

if you didnt have atleast a few second respawn time, no matter how many enemies you would take down, they always seemed to be right back in your face. Ofcourse thats nothing that some smart base defensive couldnt take care of, half of the fun was deploying one of the countless defensive turrets / shields in your base and watching people drop in and instantly die from like 8 laser shots to the face

I played Tribes 1 for it's entire life span, up until getting my grubby hands on the beta of T:V. I played a little T2 but it sucked in general and i dropped it after TRYING to accept it for about 8 months. T:V is faster and more intense than T1 and has incredible graphics and new features. Not only is it going to be an awesome game right out of the box, but after the community comes into play we're going to see some spectacular stuff. See you ingame.

1. There will be an open beta starting Friday, to everyone.
2. You can get Tribes 1 at fileplanet.
3. T2 sucks. T1 > T2

That being said, T:V is pretty good. Little too floaty, and newbie friendly. But very good overall.

Looks like the window got missed, they aren't taking anymore! NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! If only I'd known they were going to limit it... :(

Downloading the game now, about an hour untill I can acctually play it.

Back