Tribes Ascend Keys

Here is a good tribes ascend overall guide that was posted on the tribes ascend forums that includes a good picture about skiing.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/9012/shazbot4dummies.png

For skiing you want to be moving on a downward slope as much as possible. Otherwise you should be using your jet pack to get over a hill and then using your momentum to slide again down the vertical slope.

The higher you get in the air before you fall down and the bigger the slope, the faster you will go.

It's also worth noting that if you use your jets to "trim" or "adjust" your descent to land in a particular spot you'll be slowing down your effective rate of drop, which will in turn slow down your forward momentum once you land. When folks first start playing they think the fastest way to move is by "jetting forward", but it isn't--jetting to the TOP of a hill (not over it) is much, much faster because you spend time on the ground building up additional speed. The jets will only get you moving forward to a certain speed, after that it's all about forward inertia from the ground slope, so RIDE as much straight and downward slope as you possibly can!

Thanks for the guide. I still suck ass :( Makes me sad thinking that I used to play competitive Tribes 1 a long time ago. Was in [UW] at the time if anyone remembers that far back.

Tribes is being pain in my ass. 2nd account create on facebook. For whatever reason the beta key and the game aren't linking together

I've been playing the Scrambler recently, and he's actually a pretty damn good flag runner. You can gain speed quickly with the whiteout grenades (either entering or exiting the flag area), and his scrambler makes it so he can't be detected by the red triangle UI, and no turrets attack him.

It's really hard to kill anyone in the open field, though.

Huge revamp today. All XP refunded, 3 classes merged / eliminated. Lots of nerfs to damage. Weapons changed. etc.

Finally, this was needed. Just how custom is going to be key though. Wanted light with light fuzor, speed boost pack, croosbow. Medium with mid fuzor, arx buster, scramble pack, flash grenades. Heavy with heavy fuzor, mortar, and those blaster grenades.

But I doubt I'll get that.

did anyone get the lifetime VIP and what does it give you?

It gives you +50% XP gain. You should get it for any purchase, the minimum is $8

Anyone else get a 10 day boost? I had bought one previously, but it has been about a month. I wonder if they just gave you another one if you bought one before.

No they give you back all your XP that you earned during the boost, plus XP for your tokens.

Yeah, I got a ton of XP back, but it ALSO says that I'm boosted for 9 days, which I wasn't expecting. Was just wondering if it was a freebie for everyone, or if it's just because I had gotten one previously.

Hmm not sure I had the $30 package which had 30 days of boost, but I did not notice that I was boosted again.

I had a couple thousand gold a couple hundred thousand XP and a 39 day boost :eek:

Then again I bought a 30 day boost and all my shit was maxed out so....

Hrm, not as customizable as I thought.

I didn't have too much exp saved but I upgraded the infiltrator for the lolz. Need to get the last unlock to get +50% melee backstab damage. Have almost everything else maxed out for infil.

Could someone please PM me another key for this, i gave out mine but I need one for a friend, would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

If he has face book he can like HiRez or Tribes Ascend and they will give him one.

I would love another key if someone has one available. Trying to get my nephews in.

No more keys will be necessary after today's patch, just need to make an account on Hi-Rez' site.

Full patch notes HERE.

New game mode with new maps, new CTF map, lots of bug and balance fixes, etc.

New game mode sounds interesting, sux we lost rabbit though. Was enjoyable at times.

This game is so awesome.

I realized that my natural calling in life is flag capping. I jacked a flag earlier today at 219kmh. I don't even think they saw me I was moving so fast.

Anyone else ever gotten the stuff at 200+? Shit just is WHIPPING by you are moving so damn fast. It gets near impossible to correct your course lol. I think on my approach i was in the mid 200's, maybe 250 before I slowed down to try and get that flag having to jet pack to adjust aim.

I don't remember Tribes ever being that fast. But I love it.

Also anyone else think the Shrike is just terrible? It just doesn't seem to do enough damage with its guns. I usually just end up road-killing everyone instead since it is insta kill and its easy with everyone flying up in such predictable arcs. I do it to flag runners all the time, nobody has said anything though. So just want someone to say something like, wow that was douche or something lol.

The shrike guns are good you just have to figure out where and when to use them. However as you noticed it is just as important to spend all the time your gun is reloading running people over. I would definitely not say the shrike is terrible it is easily one of the most powerful items in the game. A good shrike pilot can shut a pub down completely allowing his team to do whatever they want and not worry about defense. The only way to deal with a shrike is to cap at 250 and hope he did not see you coming in or cap witha train of players lol. Typically you earn enough in every shrike to buy another one so you can even use them to crash into flag stands if needed.

In temple you can hit over 300 pretty easy. There are some good routes here http://www.youtube.com/user/PureDrive2?ob=0&feature=results_main
PureDr1ve is a [H] member I play with.

Back