• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Tri-Fire 5870 benchies

update~ i also installed the 9.12 hotfix driver. and it seems that Crysis warhead is also performing much better as well.. will have to do some more testing here soon.
 
You need to up your resolution or the AA. My 5970+5870 is probably 95% as fast as your setup and I can definitely say the 5870 is extraneous at 1920x1200 in everything but crysis. At 2560 it helps a lot though. There are quite a few games that the 5970 can't keep above 60fps at that resolution and the extra GPU helps greatly although at that point the 1GB memory limit seems to ruin the party pretty often and AA has to come down to 2x to eliminate thrashing. Definitely switching to Fermi if it performs decently and comes with the reported 1.5GB.

Also 16xaf and 12x edge detect were present with ssaa @ 4x ;)
 
another 8xaa bench with 9.12 driver and 16xaf.

avalanche.jpg
 
Also guys here are the pics of my computer, a bit dusty might i add. Also the computer is about to get Cleaned!

P1030257.jpg

P1030248.jpg

P1030241.jpg

P1030254.jpg

P1030259.jpg
 
Last edited:
PukeEmoticon.gif


All that money in GPU's and you can't afford a can of compressed air? Normally I would just chuckle but that is so dusty and those cards are so pricey that that is just plain pathetic... :rolleyes:
 
This computer gets cleaned every month, this is about 1 month of running 10 hours or more in a day...
 
This computer gets cleaned every month, this is about 1 month of running 10 hours or more in a day...

I run my computer 24/7, and I haven't cleaned it since before Thanksgiving. It's not even nearly as dusty as yours. You really need to look into some dust-filters or such.
 
I run my computer 24/7, and I haven't cleaned it since before Thanksgiving. It's not even nearly as dusty as yours. You really need to look into some dust-filters or such.

That or some type of air cleaning/purifying system for your room.
 
OMG those poor cards!

Two quick prevention of dust techniques:

1. Vacuum frequently.

2. Carpet can be your worst enemy, higher it's off the carpet, less dust.
 
one run with 8x aa as well. i will have to re do this sometime though. I also added a Call to pripyat bench @ 1920x1080 with max settings 4xaa in DX 11.

Do you experience any micro-stuttering? I'd imagine the inter-frame dependencies are killing you. Your rig is awesome though!

edit:
avalanche.jpg


wow... 5 frame drop going to 8xAA. One tip though: Try using Adaptive AA set to Quality. That will give you a big IQ improvement at 4xAAA over 8xAA. All that beautiful foliage will finally be rendered as it should be :)
 
Believe it or not, the setup where I read complaints of micro-stuttering is the dual 5970 setups, nothing yet from the 3-ways which I find damn impressive.
 
OMG those poor cards!

Two quick prevention of dust techniques:

1. Vacuum frequently.

2. Carpet can be your worst enemy, higher it's off the carpet, less dust.

Quick hi-jacking while we are on the subject of dust... :D

Is it possible to buy standalone dust filters? I have CoolerMaster HAF922 case, and it has dust filders up-front only, but not anywhere else (side nor top opening).
 
omg my eyes the insane amount of dust with an expensive pc like this. Compressed air is only $5 bucks at wal- mart.. I would sell you some if you would like :)


Also how many FPS you get in MW 2?
 
Quick hi-jacking while we are on the subject of dust... :D

Is it possible to buy standalone dust filters? I have CoolerMaster HAF922 case, and it has dust filders up-front only, but not anywhere else (side nor top opening).

With the HAF cases I read people using panty hose and putting it in the front vents. Cheap, yet effective. ;)

Also how many FPS you get in MW 2?

He gets over 9000!

over9000.jpg
 
hahah!!! you guys got me crackin up lol! ok.

i dont experience any micro stutter when i am playing games.
The dust situation comes from a window in the room sometimes i leave open. it doesnt take a while to clean, i have a air compressor in the garage. small but semi sized dust cloud.

Modern warfare 2 i always had v-sync on and never did any tests with.

i bet with the next cat driver. tri-fire setups will start to scream.
 
Quick hi-jacking while we are on the subject of dust... :D

Is it possible to buy standalone dust filters? I have CoolerMaster HAF922 case, and it has dust filders up-front only, but not anywhere else (side nor top opening).

ive used dust filters to everything, doesnt help, best method is to take it out and blow it down with air. it really isnt that bad..damn Camara and its sensitve photos!
 
Believe it or not, the setup where I read complaints of micro-stuttering is the dual 5970 setups, nothing yet from the 3-ways which I find damn impressive.

i dont like Dual setups or the 5970 for that matter. 2 gpus on one PCB and running on typically one 16x slot is kinda ehh for me. Then theres the equation of adding 2 5970 for quad. id rather run a 3way setup or 4 way independent card setup than a multi gpu pcb card.
 
hahahaha. The last page of this thread had me lol'ing. That is indeed very dusty :eek:, but an awesome rig! If only a lowly college student like myself could afford to put together such a beast...
 
Man...My old 939 rig after 4 years of use and NO cleaning wasn't as dusty as that thing....LOL

Nice rig btw...:D
 
Enlight of this thread, it inspired me to push my i7 920 to 4.4ghz (see sig). I was comfortably sitting at 4.2ghz since I purchased it but it all of a sudden was starting to feel dated. Now all I need is a few Fermi's. :cool:
 
Back
Top