Tri-Fire 5870 benchies

Jcazz

Limp Gawd
Hello Everyone, I am new to Hardocp Fourms but not new to the site at all. i have been reading everyday on this site since it was created, gotta say its the best! i thought i would show some of the folks in here some benchmarks in some Crysis warhead.

Core i7 920 D0 Stepping @ 4.5ghz 1.52v, 275mv Vtt, 1.95pll, 1.675 ddr Gaming settings.
(Cnps9900) cooler Temps max around 60-65 4 cores.
X58 evga mainboard @ 214.5 Qpi.
6gb Dominator GT 2000mhz C7
ATI Trifire 2 5870 Diamonds and one HIS 5870
Warp SSD
4x 120gb western digital's Raid-0
Ultra X3 1600
Cooler-master Stacker.
Asus 24 1920x1080

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Cat 9.12 non hotfix.

CrysisWarhead DX10 1920x1080 max in-game 4x aa 16x af.

Its Brief but thought i would post. Anyways Enjoy everyone!

Ambush.jpg

Warheadbench.jpg

warheadbench4.jpg

45g.jpg

Last edited:
LOL! holy shit dude your rig is hardcore. :eek:

Just for shits and giggles, whats your 3dmark06 score with that setup?

Oh and your "newfolder (4)" looks like pr0n. ;) :D

Great results indeed bro :)

I think im more impressed with the 4.5ghz overclock <----jealous

one run with 8x aa as well. i will have to re do this sometime though. I also added a Call to pripyat bench @ 1920x1080 with max settings 4xaa in DX 11.

warhead8x.jpg

DX114xaamax.jpg

crysis64House.jpg

crysis64Motionblur.jpg

crysis642009-12-1218-48-44-86.jpg

crysis64zoom.jpg

crysis64pic24xssaa.jpg

crysis64pic4.jpg

Last edited:
LOL! holy shit dude your rig is hardcore. :eek:

Just for shits and giggles, whats your 3dmark06 score with that setup?

Oh and your "newfolder (4)" looks like pr0n. ;) :D

Haha naa no nothing in there expect bench items, i dont have 3dmark06 on here, not a big fan of the synthetics. I just thought i do a couple benchies for once. I have been building high end gamming configs for myself and people for a long time but never posted anything. This computer is my personal computer. Runs fantastic 100% stable.

Damn dude...lets me know how slow my rig is getting...even with dual 4890's your minimum FPS is higher than my avg FPS and thats with me running max DX10 settings at 1680x1050 no AA 16xAF.

nice to see that Corei7s are hitting over 4ghz more consistently. Not quite enough for me to upgrade my 4.4ghz wolfdale..but its getting there!

This. 4.5Ghz on a 920 is insane if I'm not mistaken.

Awesome rig! I'm REALLY wanting to swap out my 3 280s for 3 of your boys but I think I'll hang on just a bit still but I jealous I must admit!

Nice overclock but look at that voltage, kind of high!

Nice job on a nice comp ! I was just wondering if you stressed it with Prime, or OCCT, and what were the temps ? I can't get much past 4.45 with HT on, or 4.53 with it off

Nice benchmarks. Any reason the Warhead benchmark shows the 920 @ 4.1Ghz? Or was the 920 4.5Ghz picture just showing what you take the 920 to? Unless you do some extreme cooling that 920 is probably burning up! I say depending on the weather where you are, Open the window and take it higher! I did 4.9Ghz @ 1.525V on my buddies 920 D0.

Pretty impressive nonetheless.

^^^

The i7's "turbo" function often doesn't show on benchmarks and certain apps which accounts for the missing 200+mhz. Mine does the same thing. 3dmark06, windows7, and a few other apps reports my cpu as 4ghz but cpu-z shows it's really running at 4.2ghz. It's not like it's not real because if i disable turbo, my benchmark scores reflect the mhz loss.

Thanks everyone for your kind words of interest. Building this computer took alot of Time and money, but i must say it is very fast. Crysis plays at 8xaa at 60fps, Warhead for some reason is a little slower drivers mabe?

i am going to try and do more benchmarks when i can but thanks everyone! happy holidays!

Yeah, kudos on the "dream machine". :D

I am about 90% done with my new build, and it is VERY close to yours. The main difference being I decided on two 5970s instead of three 5870s. I am anxious to see what kind of number I get in comparison.

Hopefully by end of next week I can have some benchmarks done.

Happy 2010! :cool:

DAMN thats one badass rig :eek:. Trifire 5870s are AMAZING, and thats one hell of an overclock!

Everyone thanks again!

I forgort to add GPU temps as well.

Fans are on Auto pilot

Overclocked. No asus Bios mod for the cards yet for higher oc. I could do it and get some more horspower, but its really ok for now.

900 core
1300mhz memory
(all 3 gpus)
pci-e slots 1-3-5 16x8x8

GPU 1 idle 20% fan 44-46 c
GPU 2 idle 22% fan 49-51 c
GPU 3 idle 20% fan 43-45 c

GPU 1 70% load 38% fan 81-86c
GPU 2 65% load 48% fan 85-90c
GPU 3 68% load 35% fan 83-88c

Temps seem toasty but 100% stable and thats what i am looking for.

There is somthing to note also on motherboards and going the ~ 3way or Crossfirex ~ route.

In any high end multi-gpu setup's the cpu speed has to rise with the more cards that you install. The 5870 for example needs and eats alot of the speed out of the cpu. 2 of them in crossfire mode run very well with a core i7 either p55 or 1366 designs.

3 cards in tri-fire need so much cpu speed to see the 3rd card start working its insane.
you need at least 4ghz off the cpu. and need to hit anything higher than 4.3ghz to see better results. and dont think anything less than a 1366 socket core i7 or Xeon Cpu. P55 and its dual channel memory controller is a no no atleast for me.

with 4 cards its been said that we really just need faster cpus now for these new cards. in HIGH end configs.

I am currently seeing the limitation of either my Cpu or mainboard and still feel that video drivers will get more performance out in the next few months.

i am also thinking of getting the asus p6t 4x sli\crossfirex setup but not sure yet. the pcie lanes are 16x16x16x.

When Nvidia;s Fermu drops and it does happen to be more powerful than 5800 series that would be great. but i wouldnt be to excited yet until Intel brings out a new line of cpu;s and not just "more cores" to the equation.

one fermi would be ok, two even ok on i7. but three might be a big problem and quad..there will be differences and yes we will see the performance, but it wont scale anything like it should unless we see a new cpu tech.

3 cards in tri-fire need so much cpu speed to see the 3rd card start working its insane.
you need at least 4ghz off the cpu. and need to hit anything higher than 4.3ghz to see better results. and dont think anything less than a 1366 socket core i7 or Xeon Cpu. P55 and its dual channel memory controller is a no no atleast for me.

You need to up your resolution or the AA. My 5970+5870 is probably 95% as fast as your setup and I can definitely say the 5870 is extraneous at 1920x1200 in everything but crysis. At 2560 it helps a lot though. There are quite a few games that the 5970 can't keep above 60fps at that resolution and the extra GPU helps greatly although at that point the 1GB memory limit seems to ruin the party pretty often and AA has to come down to 2x to eliminate thrashing. Definitely switching to Fermi if it performs decently and comes with the reported 1.5GB.

i just installed hotfix 9.12 and seeing even better performance across the board with 8x aa, starting to get the kinks out it looks like, mabe newest drivers will be good.

I can run a resolution of 1792x1334, which is 4% higher than 1920x1200. and it runs fast there as well..i just prefer this monitor at 1080.

though the grapics look even cleaner at that higher resolution.

Props to you Jcazz, that is some serious shit right there. Kudos.

Just watched my SLI 285's that are voltage modded and watercooled hide in the corner after seeing this beast in action, Insane crysis scores. My 285's at 780core bring me about 35-45fps average outdoors and I thought that was impressive at 4xAA 16xAF 1920x1080, yours just bends over these Nvidia's :D

Great Build!!!!!!

Congrats on conquering the beast, now we just need some successors to the ultimate benchmark game.

Well done, killer rig. You BETTER have Eyefinity with all that horsepower

INSANE rig! Mad props man. My rig is only a year old and it's starting to look obsolete already!

Hey everyone thanks for all the replies!! i installed the hotfix and so far things seem even better. Also thanks Kyle for the reply! your website rocks man!!! i am going to try and post some more here soon!

:confused: Is the hotfix included in the standard 9.12 drivers you can download from ATI's site or do you still have to install it after the fact. If not, I just cant understand why they wouldn't have a link to it right right from the normal page from which you download their drivers from? Are they trying to keep it secretive? Or are there some drawbacks to installing this hotfix when you're not experiencing any of the issues it corrects as listed.

Nice. One is enough for me, three seems to be insane performance. Nice to see these scaling nicely.

I will have someone bring me a digital camara today so i can take pictures of the computer. The inside is really packed and full though. Its setup as a 24/7 gamming computer and nothing less. I think the camara can record as well, so mabe ill make a video clip of this thing in action for everyone!

Crysis warhead when maxed at 60fps is incredible and nothing less. The difference between 45fps and up makes a big difference on gamplay. Physics in the game and motion blurr are the biggest difference.
At 8xx aa ATI still needs to work on the drivers and hopefully they can squeeze some more out. but its close to 60fps as well. At 1920x1080 8x aa 16af max in game and vsync on, this game will start to look like a Violent pixar movie.

Hey jazz...can you post a GPU-Z shot.

Your PCI-E slot 2 is 8x correct....I'm thinking on adding on adding another 5807 to my rig soon :D

Wow, you have a beast of a system. I'd love to connect my G25 and fire up NFS:Shift or Dirt 2!

GPU-Z shot.

Also i cant post any pics of my computer until thursday. only day i can get ahold of the digi cam.

gpuz.jpg

Back