• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Tri-Crossfire problem/question

Vega

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Messages
7,393
I have a Sapphire 5970 4GB that I am trying to tri-crossfire with a 1GB 5870. Is this possible? When I crossfire bridge the two cards, I get the message pop-up from CCC that says do you want to enable 2 GPU or 3 GPU. 2 GPU setting (just the 5970) works fine, but when I select 3 GPU to bring in the use of the 5870, the screen goes black (monitor connected to 5970), then I have to plug the monitor into the 5870.

All 5970 settings dissapear and it's like the 5870 is the only card recognized and the crossfire option then dissapears. The only way to reset it is to shut the PC down, remove the 5870, boot it up and try again.

When the crossfire option comes up after the reset, I notice it says under hardware that the 2 5970 GPU's are enabled but the 5870 is disabled. Is the crossfire not working because the 5970 I have uses 2GB frame buffer and the 5870 I have only uses 1GB? I thought that crossfire would just scale down to the lowest of the cards. I plan on getting a 2GB 5870 to replace the 1GB version but these crossfire tests don't appear to be going so well.
 
the difference in framebuffer SHOULDN'T matter as the 5970 should limit itself to 1gb to match the 5870 unless there is some sort of software bug going on here.
 
Back
Top