TRENDnet TEW-633GR to replace Dlink DGL-4300!?

Tazman2

Supreme [H]ardness
Yay or nay? My 4300 seems to be dieing. Having worse and worse speeds and even two bit torrents going makes it kill even going to weather.com lol. I'm thinking of this trendnet seems to have good reviews. What do you guys think? The other one that I wanted is also a Dlink (dir-655) but seems to have the same issues. Dies after about a year or so. bah!

i just orderd the DIR-655 but i use ipcop for my router so i don't need to worry about it dropping connections, and it seems to be the best N wireless router you can get and with all the great reviews i don't think it has any trouble?

I have not done any research on that TRENDnet 633gr, are you looking at the $50 deal from newegg? , because if you ask me that is smoking hot for a wireless N router and 4 port gigabit switch.

Nah. The rebate is a freebee at this point since I was looking at the router last week before the rebate and then noticed mine was getting worse the last few days so I figure I have to order something soon! ;)

I have the 633GR, no problems, good speed, doesnt get hot and hasnt dropped/locked up since Ive had it

I just received that TEW-633GR from Newegg. I am replacing my Zyxel x-550 with it. I haven't tried the N wireless, but have it set to all G wireless. I'm very happy with it. It gets a little better signal than my Zyxel does.

The Zyxel also would always lock up when I turned on access control, and logging. It would lock up after a short time. So far, this Trendnet router hasn't done that.

I like the lights on it better than the Zyxel. Supposedly the Trendnet router is almost the same as the Dlink DIR-655. Xbit labs review claims the Trendnet router has 32mb vs. the 16mb on the Dlink. But Trendnet told me their paper says its 16mb... but he didn't seem sure.

Torrents are usually very hard on any router. I haven't tried them lately.

I've only had mine a day though.

Back