Transporting a 2005FPW to the LAN

Ockie said:
Thats why I want it without the hole for the base.

I would recommend leaving the hole in the flap and covering the hole when you would like to remove the base. It is covenient to remove the base when traveling but it's nice to have the base attached when you waiting in line so it will stand on it's own. I could make something that would look nice and cover the hole or even a thick towel place inside in between the back on the screen and flap would work well.

I waited in the line at Quakecon last year for 5 hours and I'm glad the base was attached.

wankel said:
I would recommend leaving the hole in the flap and covering the hole when you would like to remove the base. It is covenient to remove the base when traveling but it's nice to have the base attached when you waiting in line so it will stand on it's own. I could make something that would look nice and cover the hole or even a thick towel place inside in between the back on the screen and flap would work well.

I waited in the line at Quakecon last year for 5 hours and I'm glad the base was attached.

Yeah but personally, if it had a hard backing (basically like a briefcase i would assume) you could also just put it down on the ground ;) As for the base on the 3007, i'm unsure on the method of securing that.

Any word on the 3007 cases?

My 3007 has been ordered, enroute to my lair :cool: To make her complete I'm going to need this infamous and world renowned wankel case :D

FYI - (I emailed you instead)

1. wankel has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

jenus said:
FYI - (I emailed you instead)

1. wankel has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

I didn't notice. It's clear now.

Hope he's around soon, interested in a 2407 case, shouldn't be too different from the 2405 one.

The businessman in me has a suggestion. If anyone is thinking about ordering a 3007wfp, and also wants to have a case made, then why not have the monitor shipped to Wankel so he can finally make the prototype ppl have been requesting. This may be a poor idea, and perhaps people don't want to send a $1500+ monitor to someone else, but just trying to help out. I saw when you first made the post Wankel, good to see some business is turning up for your hard work.

Damn.. I will be interested in a case for my 2007fpw or my Viewsonic VX2025wm depending on which one I buy. :)

hey wankel, i PMed you about a case for the 2005fpw... i hope you can make me one! i'm gonna need one now that i'm going off to college, i'll probably be transporting the guy back and forth a lot when i come home and such... don't wanna risk any damage! :eek:

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but do you still make cases for the 2407? I'm going to be carrying it around a lot, and the cases you make seem perfect for what I need. :)

Has anyone heard from Wankel in the last few months? I PM'd the guy but he's been AFK.

I did, I did!
hahaha No response.

Yea I know he's been online but I don't know if he checks this thread or his PMs.

I sure would like another one!

I'm still alive...sorry for being AOL so long but I've had family issues and I've been working on another project so I've haven't been able to reply to everyone like I should have.
Unforunately, I'm not making anymore cases for a while. The supplier for my shoulder straps quit importing them from China so I tried finding another source but I haven't found one I'm satisfied with, so I decided to stop making the cases and start spending more time working with a supplier on a design for mass production. It's currently in progress but I do not have a time when they'll be available. The first cases will be for the 24" Dell 2405/07 monitors and I'm sure we'll go through a few design iterations before production. I'm doing everything I can to keep theprice the same but better built (sweeter) than the ones I made. Also, if anyone has any suggestions for changes/additional features that you think would make it mo better please let me know.

I'll try to stay on top on the PMs and emails from now on. I fell behind and couldn't catch up so I gave up, sorry. I'll post an update when I have more info.

wankel said:
I'm still alive...sorry for being AOL so long but I've had family issues and I've been working on another project so I've haven't been able to reply to everyone like I should have.
Unforunately, I'm not making anymore cases for a while. The supplier for my shoulder straps quit importing them from China so I tried finding another source but I haven't found one I'm satisfied with, so I decided to stop making the cases and start spending more time working with a supplier on a design for mass production. It's currently in progress but I do not have a time when they'll be available. The first cases will be for the 24" Dell 2405/07 monitors and I'm sure we'll go through a few design iterations before production. I'm doing everything I can to keep theprice the same but better built (sweeter) than the ones I made. Also, if anyone has any suggestions for changes/additional features that you think would make it mo better please let me know.

I'll try to stay on top on the PMs and emails from now on. I fell behind and couldn't catch up so I gave up, sorry. I'll post an update when I have more info.

awww, i was hoping for a 2005fpw case. its god to see your back though.

Well it's good to hear from you, I thought you were taken by ninjas or something.:)
All kidding aside, welcome back.

Glad to hear from you, I'll be first in line for a new case. :D

While I wait, do you know of any that will be "good enough" to last however long it takes to get everything up and running again?

MatDef said:
Glad to hear from you, I'll be first in line for a new case. :D

While I wait, do you know of any that will be "good enough" to last however long it takes to get everything up and running again?

Thanks guys...

MatDef...Gear grip is the only other company I know of that makes anything for widescreens. I think they are too expensive for what you get but it's better than nothing.

Thanks Wankel!
Great to hear you are still around. Looking forward to the mass produce version.

Wow....so I guess my "Wankel: Limited edition original" should be worth a few bucks more now, since it's from the "prototype" phase. :D

Hopefully we hear something soon. Ive got two friends who have some of the first ones made for the 2405 and the build quality was freaking awesome.

I just purchased Dell 2407 and absolutely love it, now I just need to buy a carry case so it doesn't get damaged while in transit to lan parties. :(

I bumped the hell out of my 3007 last weekend, I really need one of these cases :(

Yikes, any damage?

I really hope the 24 inch doesn't have to go in the box for the trip to QuakeCon. :(

Back