Transporting a 2005FPW to the LAN

I think for all of you that are buying the wankel carriers, you should start adding them in along with your PC specs in your sigs. I think its definately a worthy mention. :D

I am constantly amazed at the amount of care wankel puts into making these. I've seen first hand the amount of work it takes. I've heard every complaint from him about the "flaws" specific to each case that the rest of us wouldn't ever notice. He is a inspiration of dedication and to that level of dedication I am just simply......amazed.

My friend and I were working with Wankel on getting 2 of these cases for our 2005FPW's. We also wanted to get some embroidery work done to show off our gaming team info. I got them today and I can't say enough about how well these cases turned out. Here is a pic of the finished product that Wankel sent.

We're attending a LAN in 2 weeks, so I can't wait to show this case off and keep my LCD protected. If you have any doubt in your mind about buying one of these, please don't hesitate. They're worth every penny and I hope Wankel keeps making these available to everyone.

Wankel, any chance of making this case for the 37" Westinghouse? I'm considering upgrading before 2006 is over and I love my 2405 case. $200 or more would not be unreasonable to me.

{pdX}addict said:
My friend and I were working with Wankel on getting 2 of these cases for our 2005FPW's. We also wanted to get some embroidery work done to show off our gaming team info. I got them today and I can't say enough about how well these cases turned out. Here is a pic of the finished product that Wankel sent.

We're attending a LAN in 2 weeks, so I can't wait to show this case off and keep my LCD protected. If you have any doubt in your mind about buying one of these, please don't hesitate. They're worth every penny and I hope Wankel keeps making these available to everyone.

Very nice! Definitely something to show off at your upcoming LAN.

Dew said:
Wankel, any chance of making this case for the 37" Westinghouse? I'm considering upgrading before 2006 is over and I love my 2405 case. $200 or more would not be unreasonable to me.

I don't know if I can make one that size. It would need to be a different design compared to my current cases to make it practical, maybe a giant back pack or some type of dolly type design would be best. I believe my next case will be for the new Gateway 21" since I'm getting more request for those.

{pdX}addict said:

How do you get the embroidery work done? I would love to get that done for my case! Any chance it can be done once the case is constructed?

I worked with Wankel, so you might want to send him a PM for info. I sent him some designs and it was done before he shipped the finished product. :)

BigFNDeal said:
How do you get the embroidery work done? I would love to get that done for my case! Any chance it can be done once the case is constructed?

Sorry, it has to be done during the construction. I can do some embroidery myself but for pdx's I had someone else do the work.

Just another praise thread. Recieved my case a few weeks ago, just used it today. Love it, great quality. My 2405fpw thanks you!

Wankel,
This is the best looking and (from whats been posted) made case Any of us have ever seen.

You can stand to make a lot of money off this.
I would be taking a pattened out POST HAST. The last thing you need to have happen is have someone take your Idea, make one, get it pattened and then SUE you.

Also, The majority of people who buy the 2005FPW and 2405FPW from Dell are gamers. Being such, Dell sells a ton of these screens each month. Once you get all the legal stuff figured out, I would give serious thought to geting in contact with Dell to secure a contract to supply them with these. People would buy them like mad!

You have created the Pet rock, The Clapper, Drinking Bird, Idea here and if you play it right you can make more money off of this Idea then I think you realize.

Also, start putting your Name or Insignia on these bags, along with some kind of contact info. This is a great creation and you should be making sure people know you made it!

Keep it up and I hope to hear you have made a million off this thing some day! ;)

Majin said:
Wankel,
This is the best looking and (from whats been posted) made case Any of us have ever seen.

You can stand to make a lot of money off this.
I would be taking a pattened out POST HAST. The last thing you need to have happen is have someone take your Idea, make one, get it pattened and then SUE you.

Also, The majority of people who buy the 2005FPW and 2405FPW from Dell are gamers. Being such, Dell sells a ton of these screens each month. Once you get all the legal stuff figured out, I would give serious thought to geting in contact with Dell to secure a contract to supply them with these. People would buy them like mad!

You have created the Pet rock, The Clapper, Drinking Bird, Idea here and if you play it right you can make more money off of this Idea then I think you realize.

Also, start putting your Name or Insignia on these bags, along with some kind of contact info. This is a great creation and you should be making sure people know you made it!

Keep it up and I hope to hear you have made a million off this thing some day! ;)

Thanks..a patent of this idea is pretty expense and requires a pretty extensive patent search due to the sheer number of computer bags, cases..etc patents that are out there. The only patent that might be out there pending is for Caseace but they don't have their patent number shown (which they should) and my design has many differences compared to Caseace's design.
No one could copy my idea and sue me unless they can prove they invented it first and if they copied me they obviously didn't invent it first. I'm not too worried about it.

I'm not putting any labels on mine until and can make it in higher volume. I'm actually working on having someone else make it in mass quantities and I'll put a label on them then.

I bought one of these a long long time ago, but I don't remember if i ever thanked you for it.

I love this case alot, and I hope it'll fit the new 2007 monitors that "might" come out soon. Looking at the prelim specs, it'll probbaly fit.

I did have one comment, if you haven't already done so, for future designs could adjust the strap that goes around the base such that the buckle itself lies inside the base ring. Right now, at complete compression and tightness, the buckle actualy is underneath the main support back, so the monitor will now stand flat. This is easily fixable by adjusting the strap so that the base isn't all the way forward to the screen, but I like to keep all my things tight and without wiggle room.

Any chance of getting custom one custom for other LCDs? I have a Acer AL2032WA and would definatly like to get a quality case like this for it.

DocNsane said:
I bought one of these a long long time ago, but I don't remember if i ever thanked you for it.

I love this case alot, and I hope it'll fit the new 2007 monitors that "might" come out soon. Looking at the prelim specs, it'll probbaly fit.

I did have one comment, if you haven't already done so, for future designs could adjust the strap that goes around the base such that the buckle itself lies inside the base ring. Right now, at complete compression and tightness, the buckle actualy is underneath the main support back, so the monitor will now stand flat. This is easily fixable by adjusting the strap so that the base isn't all the way forward to the screen, but I like to keep all my things tight and without wiggle room.

Thanks...and thanks for the suggested change. After going to a couple LANs last month, I agree that buckle is alittle too close. I'll fix that for future versions. It looks like the base on the new 07 monitors is the only physical change so I'm pretty sure your case will still work for a 2007.

Hey Wankel. I am a friend of Dew's that you made a Dell 2405 case for (now he's asking for a 37"....the bastage) Anyway, I checked his case out and it is B.E.A.utiful! I sent you a PM. Just let me know price and method of payment. I do have a PayPal address verified account.

DigitalMoses said:
Hey Wankel. I am a friend of Dew's that you made a Dell 2405 case for (now he's asking for a 37"....the bastage) Anyway, I checked his case out and it is B.E.A.utiful! I sent you a PM. Just let me know price and method of payment. I do have a PayPal address verified account.

I don't think I got a PM from you..Trying sending me your zip. Yes, I have a paypal account.

Wankel still around?

I wonder if he can do a case for a 3007 monitor...

Ockie said:
Wankel still around?

I wonder if he can do a case for a 3007 monitor...

I'm here...I could make one for a 3007 but the basic design may need to be different and to do it right I really need to have a monitor to work with for fit checking. I don't know anyone local that has one.

DigitalN said:
Hey Wankel, wondering if you would be willing to custom make for my 17" Viewsonic?

Sorry..but right now I only have time for the big widescreens. I think the Gateway 21" maybe my next one.

wankel said:
Sorry..but right now I only have time for the big widescreens. I think the Gateway 21" maybe my next one.
alright then, I'll have to go buy a 2007 FPW ;)

wankel,

Received my case. Love it. Thanks!!! Best investment I have ever made. That case will hold up to a nuclear blast.

Thanks again.
Big Joe

I got mine! Damn its made really well. I had my handle stitched onto it as well, came out pretty damn nice.

I'll be sporting this bad boy to some lan parties :>

Sent PM and am looking forward to getting one of these bad boys. Ordered a CG bag for a monitor at work and it leaves the sides wide open, not good.

Just wanted to drag this thread up from the dead to show off my new case. To be honest, I thought the hype in this thread was a little gratuitous, but after receiving my case yesterday, I can confirm that these are the real deal. Wankel certainly gets my endorsement.

Fresh out of the box. Top notch construction.
case1.jpg

Like...a...glove.
case2.jpg

Ready to roll.
case3.jpg

Thanks...for the nice pics Booger. I think I've finally gotten very consistent in the construction of these after making so many. They use to vary in quality a little with each one but now they are all almost exactly the same.

KoMiT said:
Any more for the 2405?

I don't have any that aren't sold if that's what you mean. I can always make you one. Just PM me if your interested.

Hey Wankel.

Sorry that I've beating around the bush with you (so to speak) but I've been always putting down the heafty price tag thinking it's going to be more economical and financially feasable of carrying the monitor without a case. Well, this past weekend, I manged to bump my screen 3 times (no damange to the screen, suprisingly)... one was due to a hard stop during transport and the others were just people being a little rough in moving around the screen during transport.

Anyways, I almost hard a heart attack when those things happened. The monitor I have is perfect and I treat it better than I would with a first born...lol. I'm greatful that I didn't mess anything up on the screen.... so now I'm having second thoughts on that Wankel case carrying harness! :D I think sometimes people needs wakeup calls and I just got mine.

Right now I'm in the process of moving over from the 2405fpw to the 3007fpw.... so I do not think I'd want a 2405fpw case for the reason that I'll be parting with it in the upcoming couple of weeks.... but there is no way in hell I'm going to go without a case on the 3007 :eek: I learned my lessons.

Is there perhaps any chance you could have a case for a 3007 made? I'm willing to wait (reason that I don't have my 3007 in my hands yet).

Ockie said:
Hey Wankel.

Sorry that I've beating around the bush with you (so to speak) but I've been always putting down the heafty price tag thinking it's going to be more economical and financially feasable of carrying the monitor without a case. Well, this past weekend, I manged to bump my screen 3 times (no damange to the screen, suprisingly)... one was due to a hard stop during transport and the others were just people being a little rough in moving around the screen during transport.

Anyways, I almost hard a heart attack when those things happened. The monitor I have is perfect and I treat it better than I would with a first born...lol. I'm greatful that I didn't mess anything up on the screen.... so now I'm having second thoughts on that Wankel case carrying harness! :D I think sometimes people needs wakeup calls and I just got mine.

Right now I'm in the process of moving over from the 2405fpw to the 3007fpw.... so I do not think I'd want a 2405fpw case for the reason that I'll be parting with it in the upcoming couple of weeks.... but there is no way in hell I'm going to go without a case on the 3007 :eek: I learned my lessons.

Is there perhaps any chance you could have a case for a 3007 made? I'm willing to wait (reason that I don't have my 3007 in my hands yet).

yeah...all it takes is one good bump to ruin your day. Glad yours didn't suffer any permanent damage.
I've been thinking about the 3007 since I'm having more request for it. To do it right I really need the monitor to develop a good case. I'm hoping a little later in the summer I'll have the opportunity to make something.

any plans to make one for the NEC 20WMGX2 (although I returned my monitor due to backlight bleeding and buzzing noise issue)?

Anouther 3007 owner showing intrest. Let us know if you get a 3007 Prototype built.

I'll pay upfront too... I've basically turned down the one way street and there is no turning back from a 3007 :D

As for the design, I'd like to see one without the hole in the back for the base... that way I can have the entire thing protected and concealed. I'd rather carry the base seperate or in a bag and have the monitor protected completley.

I got this idea when it started raining on the way to the lan... keeps water off and other debris during transport. Also then the backing can be also stiffened and more solid... thus protecting the monitor more.

If this is possible I'd like to travel down that avenue.

I got mine almost 2 months ago. Was really happy with it when I got it.

Finally put it to use last weekend for a lan party out of town. Worked great. :)

I wasn't sure how to make use of that middle strap for the base, but now after seeing the pic it makes sense. I removed the base so that it fit more easily into the car's back seat (seat-belted it in). but the strap is good for carrying it into a lan, especially if you got a long walk like getting into Quakecon.

Highly recommend this for anyone with a big dell widescreen.

GoodBoy said:
I got mine almost 2 months ago. Was really happy with it when I got it.

Finally put it to use last weekend for a lan party out of town. Worked great. :)

I wasn't sure how to make use of that middle strap for the base, but now after seeing the pic it makes sense. I removed the base so that it fit more easily into the car's back seat (seat-belted it in). but the strap is good for carrying it into a lan, especially if you got a long walk like getting into Quakecon.

Highly recommend this for anyone with a big dell widescreen.

Thats why I want it without the hole for the base.

Back