Transporting a 2005FPW to the LAN

CoffeeBucket said:
It just seems to be the big carriers (UPS and DHL) that charge an arm and a leg. After having a play with the USPS postage rate calculator, getting an 8lb package from the US to Australia actually isn't too bad. In fact I'd be willing to cover the postage costs for a single case. But a bulk shipment may very well work out cheaper.

wankel: The box you send is 30x5x24, but how many can you fit in there? Also, how much weight does each additional case add to the base 8lbs?

Aussies: Is anyone else keen on going in on a bulk order? wankel's package would be shipped to Perth or Melbourne (depending where I am at the time) and I could ship individual cases to you within Australia at your expense. Of course the time frame will depend on when wankel can have units ready but, if you are interested, let wankel and/or myself know via PM.

Edit: My 2405FPW rolled through the door as I was typing :D

Someone at work mentioned to me today to check USPS and that it was cheaper for international. I can only get one in a 30X5x24 inch box.
The length of time between placing an order and when I could get them to you would depend on how many I have to do before I get to yours. I typically do about 3-4 a week.

Even if you can only fit one case in a box, you could always send multiple boxes as one "shipment". As a rough guide, USPS's cheapest shipping for an 8lb package to Australia is around $25. Another 8lbs (16lbs total) only adds another $10 to shipping.

Either way, regardless of of any other Aussies who might be interested in a bulk shipment, and your current production schedule, please put me down for a 2405FPW case. We can organise the shipping method at some later stage.

Thanks again for all your help.

any possibility of making a transport for a non-dell case?
I just got a Sony HDM-HS75P, and moving it to a LAN might prove tricky.

destrekor said:
any possibility of making a transport for a non-dell case?
I just got a Sony HDM-HS75P, and moving it to a LAN might prove tricky.

What is a Sony HDM-HS75P? I can't find information on it, got a link to any dimensions?

CoffeeBucket said:
Even if you can only fit one case in a box, you could always send multiple boxes as one "shipment". As a rough guide, USPS's cheapest shipping for an 8lb package to Australia is around $25. Another 8lbs (16lbs total) only adds another $10 to shipping.

Either way, regardless of of any other Aussies who might be interested in a bulk shipment, and your current production schedule, please put me down for a 2405FPW case. We can organise the shipping method at some later stage.

Thanks again for all your help.

Thats pretty cheap...but the 4-6 weeks would be a long wait. Yeah USPS is the best I've found for international shipping prices, for domestic they are still about the same price as Fedex/UPS.

I'm excited that it's December! Are you getting closer to taking more orders? Hopefully I'm already on your list (which im sure is long). :cool:

wankel, actually nevermind, but howabout a Samsung 730b? i gave back my sony to bestbuy and got the samsung from them instead, worlds better and yet quite a bit cheaper.
i wouldn't be needing this for some time, mostly because I don't have the money.
i'll shoot ya a PM though when I am interested.

That's not even a widescreen monitor. We need wankel for the wides, so you should just check out a Gear Grip. ;) :p

I might be interested in one later on, any chance of getting it done in a custom color?

I ordered the 2405 case from wankel and got it delivered to my parents since my packages usually go suspiciously missing at my apt. I checked the tracking and it was delivered a couple days ago, and they never told me. And now I won't see them for another 2 days. I'm dying to try it out :D

LadyMakoFox said:
I might be interested in one later on, any chance of getting it done in a custom color?

I can do custom colors and camos but they'll cost more.

im totally interested in one later on, once i start lanning again. this is the best replacement since the dell box... wait that was the only option until you came along

wankel said:
Thats pretty cheap...but the 4-6 weeks would be a long wait. Yeah USPS is the best I've found for international shipping prices, for domestic they are still about the same price as Fedex/UPS.

You're right, it would be a long wait. But I was only quoting the cheapest shipping price. The next level up (airmail) is only a little bit more and takes around a week.

Would it be possible to use your initial post for this thread as an updates page? You could list the current waiting time for a new case, who's currently in the queue and the estimated case completion time for each person in the queue. It'd give everyone a good idea of how production is going and, at the very least, save people asking you for the information individually.

CoffeeBucket said:
You're right, it would be a long wait. But I was only quoting the cheapest shipping price. The next level up (airmail) is only a little bit more and takes around a week.

Would it be possible to use your initial post for this thread as an updates page? You could list the current waiting time for a new case, who's currently in the queue and the estimated case completion time for each person in the queue. It'd give everyone a good idea of how production is going and, at the very least, save people asking you for the information individually.

I may add an estimated waiting time on the first post but I don't think I'll put everyone's name. I'm usually close to the estimated shipping date I give everyone when they order and if I think I'm going to be off then I'll send out emails individually. Plus the forums go down alot.

I'm taking orders again if anyone is interested and I'll keep updating my current status on the first post.

Wankel it came perfect.

I took some pics folks so you can see the quality. It is much greater than the geargrip.

It came immaculate, and I tested it immediately. You don't realize how big that thing is till you try it.

Again, very very well done. My applause to teh designer, developer, and assembly workers ;)

http://www.treyandcat.com/gallery/2005FPW-Case

IMG_4065.sized.jpg

Just got mine in the mail today...

All I can say is out-freaking-standing. By far and away the best quality carrier I've ever seen. At work we use these hard sided carriers that cost some huge amount of money...I'd rather use this for carrying just 1 through the airport. Awesome work.

You should really be selling the patent to dell on these :)

mfm44 said:
Just got mine in the mail today...

All I can say is out-freaking-standing. By far and away the best quality carrier I've ever seen. At work we use these hard sided carriers that cost some huge amount of money...I'd rather use this for carrying just 1 through the airport. Awesome work.

You should really be selling the patent to dell on these :)

Thanks alot...I was picky about making sure I had a case that offered very good protection for my monitor and it appears everyone agrees.
The patent is a complicated because my case shares some design elements with other LCD carriers that could be considered "prior art". I could probably get a design patent which offers some protection but it's still expensive $2000+, so I'll probably wait awhile before doing that.

i will be ordering wankel, but my paypal account now needs to be verfied as i've reached my limit

You got a PM.. so here is the BUMP..

I also posted this on some other forums that I go to.. hope you get some orders from that.. this is an awesome idea.. and I can't wait to get mine..

I'm usually pretty picky about things I purchase. I was expecting a good product to use at a fair price, and I must say I was more than impressed when I opened my box. The cases are made very professionally and are definately a good buy when compared to damaging your 2005/2405.

i got home today and the box was waiting for me by the door i couldnt wait any longer to open it this product is well made and for the price you cant go wrong

That is really some sweet work there! PM sent.

I was actually googling for comparison pics of a 2005 and a 2405 because a buddy is looking at the 2005 and has seen my 2405 a couple times.
Ended up at the HardForum yet again and, I'm ashamed to say, after umpteen visits and lurking I finally registered just so I could send the PM. lol

I like the idea of the designer's signature on the bag somewhere.
I also love the idea of using a camo pattern or something.
Idea: about the removal of the stand - how about an additional piece of fitted material that could be fastened to the inside of the 'hole' by velcro?

I was always checking people out at MillionManLan toting their Dell boxes while I hauled my honkin 22" crt and sweated profusely. Last trip I hauled 3 in my truck and wished I could pack one up so nice and safe.
Now I have a fat flat panel too! This case would be the envy of every flat panel owner at any lan party! :cool:

hodiscuss said:
Hey Wankel,

will you make a version for the Dell 3007WFP , Apple 30 ACD?

If there are enough people that want one I'll certainly give it a try. To design one properly for a monitor that size I would need one to measure and test fit, so if anyone wants to send me theirs and let me keep it...awhile. 2 to 6 months should be fine...:)

Got my case today (was received by my apt manager... then went out of town...) cant wait to go to a lan with this thing ;) Great craftsmanship, wouldn't hesitate to buy another, that for sure.

Thanks once more. :D

The PM system isnt working right now! Damn!!!! I want to order one asap can you post an email or a instant msnger location where I can reach you? Thanks!

Chewbacca said:
The PM system isnt working right now! Damn!!!! I want to order one asap can you post an email or a instant msnger location where I can reach you? Thanks!

I added my email in my profile, it's in the biography category. Right now I'm book up until early February. I'm trying to make samples for production quoting so hopefully soon I will have alot more available so no one will have to wait anymore.

Got mine today and I cant say enough about it!!! This thing is just QUALITY thru and thru, Wankel does an INCREDIBLE job making these LCD cases.

Just freaking Amazing and Highly recommended

Thanks again man!

~Sean

i just got mine today..

dude,, this is an awesome case.. and i also say

call dell and get a contract with em...

make some large cash..

THANKS.!!

Ok.. Got MINE TODAY!!!

he quoted me the week of the 9-13.. so right on time..

Price.. AWESOME

Quality.. This thing makes my 17" GearGrip look like it was made with supplies bought at wal-mart by a homeless man with a hot glue gun.. ok. ok. geargrip isn't that bad.. but this thing is AWESOME

I can't say enough about how happy I am with this.. the design is great.. the materials are top of the line.. I will be recomending everyone get this.. if you have a LCD.. and move it at all.. be it once a week. once a month.. once a year. this is the way to do it..

so order up ppl.. let's support a great seller.. with a great product. and awesome customer service..

Received mine yesterday, had it shipped to the uk and dam was it worth every bit. Brillant work and i even got my name put on it, Very happy with it

Just got mine today and I gotta say this thing is top notch. I would highly recommend it to anybody who has a 2005/2405 and takes it places (LANs, etc). My buddies didn't believe me when I told them how much I paid for it either lol.

Back