Transporting a 2005FPW to the LAN

You'll definatley have my buisness as soon as I get my pc/2005. Christmas is long time from now.

Dude! It's turning out great!

Sell enough of these, and you'll probably be able to buy your own 2405FPW! :)

The 2405 case is finished. Turned out sweet...a few things I wish was alittle better but I'm more than happy the way it turned out. I used 1/8" thick fiber board (commonly refered to as Masonite) as the armor in the front. I also added an extra layer of foam in the back flap so it's thicker now. The price is still $65 + S&H (which is usually around $10 fedex ground). Kelvarman will get this one first if he wants it for posting the monitor dimensions. PM me if anyone else wants one and I'll start making more

wankel said:
The 2405 case is finished. Turned out sweet...a few things I wish was alittle better but I'm more than happy the way it turned out. I used 1/8" thick fiber board (commonly refered to as Masonite) as the armor in the front. I also added an extra layer of foam in the back flap so it's thicker now. The price is still $65 + S&H (which is usually around $10 fedex ground). Kelvarman will get this one first if he wants it for posting the monitor dimensions. PM me if anyone else wants one and I'll start making more

you need to sell that to dell, nice job

I have a 2405fpw and I'm very interested... when could you produce one for me?

Also, my contact info AIM: Ockie0107

Ockie said:
I have a 2405fpw and I'm very interested... when could you produce one for me?

Also, my contact info AIM: Ockie0107

I can start this weekend but I want be able to finish it until I get more webbing. I got some on it's way but it probably won't get it until mid next week around Oct12th, but I would like to wait until Kelvarman gets his so I'll know everything fits right and I don't need to make any changes. I'm guessing maybe a little over a week I'll know if everything fits then I'll start making more. I'll send you a PM when I get more made.

In a word: awesome!
Thick padding, a hard shield for the screen, reinforced stitching, padded shoulder strap! Much better than what you can buy in stores!

Kevlarman said:
In a word: awesome!
Thick padding, a hard shield for the screen, reinforced stitching, padded shoulder strap! Much better than what you can buy in stores!

Glad it turned out good.... I was waiting before making more until I heard back from you. Be sure to tell you friends where you got it.

Glad it turned out good.... I was waiting before making more until I heard back from you. Be sure to tell you friends where you got it.

You got it!
Thanks again!

Wankel mine arrived today and all I have to say is......

WOW :eek: :eek: :eek:

This thing is far greater than I could have imagined. The build quality is just superb. Dude in all seriousness, you need to patent this thing and start making them for the masses, you will make a friggin fortune!

Thanks again for everything. And GL with future sales. I will be sure to spread the word at any LAN's I attend. :D

cc2096 said:
Wankel mine arrived today and all I have to say is......

WOW :eek: :eek: :eek:

This thing is far greater than I could have imagined. The build quality is just superb. Dude in all seriousness, you need to patent this thing and start making them for the masses, you will make a friggin fortune!

Thanks again for everything. And GL with future sales. I will be sure to spread the word at any LAN's I attend. :D

Thanks man...Glad you like it. I'll probably pay for a patent search sometime in the near future. If they keep selling well, I'll definitely do something.

Are you willing to ship these overseas??? I am in Australia and would love to get one. Perhaps we can arrange for a bulk shipment.

futaris said:
Are you willing to ship these overseas??? I am in Australia and would love to get one. Perhaps we can arrange for a bulk shipment.

I looked into shipping some to the UK but it was pretty high. My zip code is 72113 and the box I ship in is 30X5X24 inches and weighs 8lbs for a 2405 case and 7lbs for a 2005 case. If you can find shipping price your happy with I willing to ship there. As for bulk how many are you thinking?

I just used mine for the 1st time this weekend, taking my 2005FPW to a LAN and it was awesome! I was not only amazingly happy, but got huge compliments. BIG THANX to Wankel for making it and sending it so quickly! Alot of people who had their Dell boxes were asking about my case, so I hope Wankel is prepared to churn some out!

Man I'm in aus too and those look really awsome. That is some really nice work. I don't move my monitor around a lot but those look that good and the dell box for the 2405fpw is so big it's tempting to ask you for one. Your build quality and design looks awsome. How much would postage to aus be? I'm guessing it would be around the same price as the case.

MTBikerTim said:
Man I'm in aus too and those look really awsome. That is some really nice work. I don't move my monitor around a lot but those look that good and the dell box for the 2405fpw is so big it's tempting to ask you for one. Your build quality and design looks awsome. How much would postage to aus be? I'm guessing it would be around the same price as the case.

I think your guess might be right...You can send me your address and I'll try to find out.

these look amazing....too bad i dont have a screen to put in your amazing case :(

SN4p said:
these look amazing....too bad i dont have a screen to put in your amazing case :(

Well...I think you need to go buy you one :) Then buy one of my amazing cases.

If I get one of those, then i need a bag for my P180 case which weighs a tonne. Anyway I PMed you an approximate address wankel.

Hey, I am very interested in a 2005FPW case and was just wondering the average turnaround once this is ordered? If I can get it on my doorstep in about 2 weeks I am definitely in for one :)

JBlade00 said:
Hey, I am very interested in a 2005FPW case and was just wondering the average turnaround once this is ordered? If I can get it on my doorstep in about 2 weeks I am definitely in for one :)

JBlade I sent you a PM.

Well I have a 23" BenQ LCD, so since I don't want to cause you trouble (its not exatly a popular model like the dells, its a great LCD thou) so if I send you a pic of it, and the size mesearings of it, could you build me a dell 24 inch one, but adding in some foam in the borders where the moniter "inserts" so it would be snug? It would not be a huge modification (considering the rest would be eaxctly the same as the dell 24" moniter, just when the bag would be open the "border" would be a bit thicker) and possibly embroided something on it, if you could get a qoute for how much it would be I would love you forever :D and as long as I could get this before before christmas I would be a very happy man and love you forever :p

Chilly

P.S. I serously think Kyle should post this on front page and get you some exposere so you can start seeing the profit roll in :D, you shoudl also embroied a custom cool logo on the bottom corner that says "Wankel Lan Bag's" or something :)

I don't have a dell monitor but damn I feel compelled to compliment you on a fine piece of work.

If you made one for 19" monitors I'd definitely buy it.

Nice work man, and good luck.

-Matt

Chilly said:
Well I have a 23" BenQ LCD, so since I don't want to cause you trouble (its not exatly a popular model like the dells, its a great LCD thou) so if I send you a pic of it, and the size mesearings of it, could you build me a dell 24 inch one, but adding in some foam in the borders where the moniter "inserts" so it would be snug? It would not be a huge modification (considering the rest would be eaxctly the same as the dell 24" moniter, just when the bag would be open the "border" would be a bit thicker) and possibly embroided something on it, if you could get a qoute for how much it would be I would love you forever :D and as long as I could get this before before christmas I would be a very happy man and love you forever :p

Chilly

P.S. I serously think Kyle should post this on front page and get you some exposere so you can start seeing the profit roll in :D, you shoudl also embroied a custom cool logo on the bottom corner that says "Wankel Lan Bag's" or something :)

Send me measurements of it and I'll figure out what I need to do to make it work. Thanks for the compliment but right now I don't know if I want TOO much exposure. I don't have the capacity at the moment to make that many, maybe in the future I will.

Matt126 said:
I don't have a dell monitor but damn I feel compelled to compliment you on a fine piece of work.

If you made one for 19" monitors I'd definitely buy it.

Nice work man, and good luck.

-Matt

thanks...maybe one day I'll start making some for 19s.

Yep I must say I like the look of these carry cases...

Ive got a couple of 2405fpw's (I like them so much I had to get one for work as well as home..)
Im over in Australia - A bunch of us just completed our 2nd Bulk-buy so theres probably a lot of people over here that would want one...

If you think you've got time for at least one more person to add to your list, then put me down :eek:)

Wankel, if you keep this up, you'll be spending so much time making cases I won't have anyone to go to lanparties with. :D
I think I'm gonna come down and eat some of your brownies since you can afford an extra box now ;)

{free_crackers}D said:
Wankel, if you keep this up, you'll be spending so much time making cases I won't have anyone to go to lanparties with. :D
I think I'm gonna come down and eat some of your brownies since you can afford an extra box now ;)

LOL
Its a good thing friends were invented ;)
Why not ship some free brownies with the cases? Might improve business lol
I want to buy one of these but I think I should get a 2005fpw first...hmm

CRaZYMoFo said:
LOL
Its a good thing friends were invented ;)
Why not ship some free brownies with the cases? Might improve business lol
I want to buy one of these but I think I should get a 2005fpw first...hmm

They would have to be microwave brownies, just don't time for no oven baking. :)

I just ordered one from Wankel.
Hope to get it sometime soon.
Looking forward to the best investment for the 2405!

Thanks Wankel.

This is probably the [H]ardest thing I've seen all week. Wankel you should be commended for your amazing craftmanship. You deserve an award or something!

I own a 2005fpw but I'm not a LAN party person or i'd buy one of these in a heart beat.

Heh, I feel lucky to have received the first ever 2405FPW case!
Too bad he didn't sign his name on it or anything. :D

Back