• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Transferring files problem in wireless network

Joined
Oct 18, 2003
Messages
20
Hey I need some help here please…

I got a wireless network going and just recently starting to have some trouble with transferring files from one computer to the other.
Computer 1 is in the computer room and laptop in the living room

Now the problem is if I copy a file from my laptop to my computer the files are broke and messed up. I noticed it with pictures and .rar files. All files are broke .rar and all pictures are messed up. Here are 2 pictures:

First picture copied from laptop:

rose17yz.jpg


Now see the bottom half is messed up…

Now if I copy from the computer it works fine:

rose27ny.jpg


Whats going on here? Any clues?

Thanks

Dave
 
Try forcing your network to use a slower speed.
If your set on 54, bump it down to 22 (or whatever is one step lower)

After that, try chaning the channel.
 
gigabyte1024 said:
Try forcing your network to use a slower speed.
If your set on 54, bump it down to 22 (or whatever is one step lower)

After that, try chaning the channel.

do you really think it is the speed that is causing this? both have a 54g card
how can I reduce the speed anyway? i don't think I am allowed to change the channel by law? in germany we have to use channel 11
 
AFAIK, Germany allows channels 1-13.
(Though I can be wrong, I think you're part of ETSI, and I've seen the allowable channels for ETSI listed as 1-13.)
 
Blueside999 said:
ok I switched to diffrent channels, but nothing changed. any other clues?

Most (but not all) cards allow you to force the speed.
Try lowering the speed one notch, if it doesn't help try two notches.
If that doesn't help you can always change it back to 54.

 
gigabyte1024 said:
Most (but not all) cards allow you to force the speed.
Try lowering the speed one notch, if it doesn't help try two notches.
If that doesn't help you can always change it back to 54.


ok I was able to reduce the speed on the card. I went step wise from 54 al the way to 11 but no luck as well. I can't think of anything else what it could be anymore. I don't really want to format. any other ideas?
thanks
Dave
 
Back
Top