HardOCP News
[H] News
- Joined
- Dec 31, 1969
- Messages
- 0
Part of me wants to call this stupid…the other part of me (the nerd part) thinks this traffic light with a built in progress bar is pretty cool.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Useful, although a terrible idea as far as traffic accidents go![]()
Not a bad idea, it would prevent a lot of "road rage" and accidents I would think.
Part of me wants to call this stupid the other part of me (the nerd part) thinks this traffic light with a built in progress bar is pretty cool.
How, exactly? If you rage while waiting at a red light and cause accidents because of it, you know what would prevent those accidents? Taking away your license.
Seriously, anyone who gets so impatient at a red light from not knowing how much longer it'll be that they cause an accident should be taken off the road. How does adding a count-down timer to the lights make any sense? It's not going to improve traffic flow; Anyone who isn't going to enter the intersection right away on the green isn't paying attention to begin with, and the count-down isn't going to change that.
If the timer was on the Green lights as well it would definitely help. People slamming on their brakes as it changes yellow is a pretty common occurrence (Especially since the introduction of red-light cameras), and it causes accidents.
What of the fact that idiots just shouldn't be allowed to drive in the first place? Shouldn't we be trying to figure out how to A) Get idiots off the road and B) prevent idiots from getting on the road in the first place, instead of figuring out how to cater and pander to the idiots?
When I lived in Iceland the Red and Yellow would be lit up at the same time letting you know it was about to turn green.
I like it. The new lights they put in here have a count down on the cross walks for how long until the green light turns red and I use those all the time to gauge if I need to slow down or not.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
Will the progress bar speed up and slow down depending on congestion and other seemingly random causes like the one in Windows?
Zepher: That freaked me out the first time I saw it, but I grew to actually like it. I miss it up there in Iceland.
Except when the volcano blows and you got lava chasing you, then you disregard all traffic signals. Right?![]()
At least now people know when to rev the engine and about when to it it... a whole generation of "hot off the line" kids I can see coming.
That actually isn't that bad of an idea.
I see we're ignoring the fact that if someone in front of you stops, no matter how quickly, your inability to stop before hitting them is related to your following distance being too close and not their stopping rate being too fast.
What of the fact that idiots just shouldn't be allowed to drive in the first place? Shouldn't we be trying to figure out how to A) Get idiots off the road and B) prevent idiots from getting on the road in the first place, instead of figuring out how to cater and pander to the idiots?