TR4 Dead?

THREADRIPPER IS NOT DEAD !!! For crying out loud. We have said this many times this thread with sources.

Please see the screenshot -
upload_2019-5-29_3-4-45.png

upload_2019-5-29_3-6-17.png

So what I am hearing is that Threadripper is dead...?!?

Boil your going to anger Tangoseal, the rumors surrounding TR Death have been heavy exaggerated, TR is well and fine living with his family in a undisclosed location and not, i repeat not in a ICU on life support with Lisa Sue trying to pull the plug on religious grounds, so go home and forget your worries, everything is fine and every one is happy.

Good day

also https://www.thefpsreview.com/2019/05/27/amd-ceo-threadripper-is-alive-and-moving-up/

I am actually waiting for the 3rd generation TR to come out. I want the 2990wx, so hopefully I can find one for around a grand when the new ones are announced.

I am actually waiting for the 3rd generation TR to come out. I want the 2990wx, so hopefully I can find one for around a grand when the new ones are announced.

Well, I'm just hoping that we can get more cores at reasonable clock speeds. I'd be happy with a 24 core or higher part that can hit 4.5GHz on water cooling. It would be nice if the thing dropped into existing X399 motherboards. If X599 or whatever it ends up being called gets the same $200 price hike that X570 seems to have over X470, then prices will be absolutely bonkers. I've bought my share of $500 motherboards, but $700-$1000 for a motherboard without two processor sockets on it is insane. Even by my standards.

Well, I'm just hoping that we can get more cores at reasonable clock speeds. I'd be happy with a 24 core or higher part that can hit 4.5GHz on water cooling. It would be nice if the thing dropped into existing X399 motherboards. If X599 or whatever it ends up being called gets the same $200 price hike that X570 seems to have over X470, then prices will be absolutely bonkers. I've bought my share of $500 motherboards, but $700-$1000 for a motherboard without two processor sockets on it is insane. Even by my standards.

The rumor has been $2-3K per CPU when they are released later this tear for the top end version. Bonkers indeed...

for a non dual socket yeah

Back