Touch-Screen Devices Will Kill You

HardOCP News

[H] News
The bad news...all these damn touch-screen devices we use harbor flu germs that will most certainly kill you. The good news...iPad owners will be the first to be thinned from the herd. :D

Personal touch-screen devices – iPads, BlackBerrys and Droids – are now seemingly everywhere, potentially harboring the germs and viruses that turn voices raspy and send noses running.

Uh...phones in general are disgusting and germ-filled. The one thing (okay, there's a lot of things, but this is up there) I'll miss the least from my time at AT&T is the people that come in with nasty, greasy phones. As if they never, ever bothered to wipe the screen in the 2 years they owned the thing. The grease is so thick it blurs the screen image. You just want to dip the thing in pure alcohol.

ZOMG GERMS.

Seriously people. Unless you're 96, or 1.2 years of age. Chill out. Germs help keep you alive when facing stronger germs.

And the crying about my retarded Apple jokes will start in 3….2….1….
Hi Steve. How are you? I am fine.

Well, considering I'm the only one who touches my phone, and I'm pretty much the only person who touches my iPad, I think I'll be alright.

Now Windex will team up to sell something else to the apple suckers.... WINDEX FOR IPADS! for $9.99 a bottle... I bet the rich hipsters in San Fran will buy it up for their tablets. :D

good news, is our mindset to sterilize everything has probably made us quite weak, so having the occasional flu virus would probably end up making us healthier in the long run.

Now Windex will team up to sell something else to the apple suckers.... WINDEX FOR IPADS! for $9.99 a bottle... I bet the rich hipsters in San Fran will buy it up for their tablets. :D

Goo Gone?

So how is this news?. This has been the case since the inception of the phone itself. Keypad phones are even worse since they have nooks and crannies where germs can breed.

The real killers are PENS!. If you share your pen with anyone at work or at home you are condemning them to death!

But even pens are nothing compared to the humble Door Knob. Welcome to the house of DEATH!!

Love these alarmist articles. They totally shift the blame away from people. Your touch screen phone could potentially kill people. NO. Your piss poor personal hygiene habits could potentially kill people.

Phones dont kill people. People kill people!

Riiiight, as opposed to all of those super clean keyboards, mice, telephones..

Odd I don't think they mention "when compared to" anywhere in there.. remember that computer keyboards and shopping cart handles have been in the top 5 since I can remember.

I wonder how a blackberries plastic physical keyboard compares to an iPhone glass display?

lick your phone.
now go lick the door handle to the bathroom.

Which will kill you quicker?

MMMM HMMMMM

Sooooooo, I guess my penis is full of germs since I touch it all the time? I better tell my wife to stop licking it....but it feels sooooo good!

So how does the author of this article feel about keyboards versus touchscreens? I can't help but think I touch my keyboard at least 100 times while trying this 100 character post or there abouts. In theory, didn't I get just 100 chances for contact with germs from the keyboard with each character typed? Does that differ that much touching plastic keyboards with germs on it as opposed to a glass touchscreen with germs on it? It doesn't seem like it to me....

Wash your hands with an antibacterial soap or some other type of germicide with each trip to the bathroom, sneeze and cough. Problem solved. Honestly this shit is stooopid.

Hi Steve. How are you? I am fine.

Well, considering I'm the only one who touches my phone, and I'm pretty much the only person who touches my iPad, I think I'll be alright.

Yea.. and i bet you think you are the only one who touches your GF or WIFE too... ahh.. innocence....LOL

Uh...phones in general are disgusting and germ-filled. The one thing (okay, there's a lot of things, but this is up there) I'll miss the least from my time at AT&T is the people that come in with nasty, greasy phones. As if they never, ever bothered to wipe the screen in the 2 years they owned the thing. The grease is so thick it blurs the screen image. You just want to dip the thing in pure alcohol.
probably pretty common with women who wear makeup

i got an iphone about a month ago, since then everyone at work office has been sick except me, haha.

So how does the author of this article feel about keyboards versus touchscreens? I can't help but think I touch my keyboard at least 100 times while trying this 100 character post or there abouts. In theory, didn't I get just 100 chances for contact with germs from the keyboard with each character typed? Does that differ that much touching plastic keyboards with germs on it as opposed to a glass touchscreen with germs on it? It doesn't seem like it to me....

An article that says "everything you touch potentially harbors germs" wouldn't get the same amount of attention.

The [H]eadline would have been "Everything Will Kill You."

Just like windows-update is essential, so is a period of sniffles every now and then. Now lick that screen clean!

So how is this news?. This has been the case since the inception of the phone itself. Keypad phones are even worse since they have nooks and crannies where germs can breed.

The real killers are PENS!. If you share your pen with anyone at work or at home you are condemning them to death!

But even pens are nothing compared to the humble Door Knob. Welcome to the house of DEATH!!

Love these alarmist articles. They totally shift the blame away from people. Your touch screen phone could potentially kill people. NO. Your piss poor personal hygiene habits could potentially kill people.

Phones dont kill people. People kill people!

lol -this as I just happen to glance out of the corner and watch the cat lick his sac >.<

What's with the paranoia about germs these days? You realize now that everything is being disinfected (hand sanitizer? really?) all our childrens' immune systems are going to be weak as hell and a not-so-super-virus is going to wipe out the planet (well, the country with the suckers that buy that crap anyway).

For $5 I would lick a total stranger's iPhone without hesitation (well, as long as there wasn't anything visible on it [i.e. chunks, etc.]) and I bet I wouldn't get sick at all.

When I read the headline I thought this was going to be in reference to the 'oleophobic' coating on the iPhone and iPad lines. This material is comprised of nano sized particles and wear off after prolonged use. This leaves one to wonder, when it wears off...where do you think the particles are going? Likely into the skin of the user who is rubbing his/her finger on it all day. Once the nano particles enter your system they will be there forever.

The above is, of course, just speculation but it has always concerned me and I have yet to see any official study on the safety of such nano material based coatings.

probably pretty common with women who wear makeup

I'm not even talking about the people with whore-ish levels of makeup on. I'm talking about the blue-collar men that filth their phone up to the point where the grease starts to bond with the dirt and harden.

Death to touch things! But really, does that mean voice interfaces are the only type viable in the zompocalpyse?

Also speeding will kill you moar.

Out of curiosity [H], why do you post inane shit like this and not post up any news on Dell settling with the feds for $100 million, because of Intel PAYING Dell to not have AMD's in their PC's? That sounds a little more relevant to PC tech than ZOMG cooties on touch phones.

Seriously, the quality of the "news" here has gone dramatically downhill in the past few years.

Back