Top the world in 81 days

I wish OC-AMD would fold for us, all we need to do is get ahead, we are already out-producing them...

Can we get the guys from the Gen-may team to join us?

genmay not run by kyle ( anymore ) and they have their own folding team

u_DR_K13

actually genmay.com was never run by kyle. it got started after kyle killed genmay on the [H] and 3 people (i think) including FLECOM and M|22 went out and bought the genmay domain names, then joined them at some point. FLECOM always gets pissed because he was basically kicked out...

so they're seperate from us, they just started here.

would be nice to get OC-AMD, though... another ~50kppd would help a lot. and he'd have his big [H] in 10 days...

rogue_jedi said:
actually genmay.com was never run by kyle. it got started after kyle killed genmay on the [H] and 3 people (i think) including FLECOM and M|22

I stand corrected
u_DR_K13

The folks down under have managed to push the overtake date to May 1st.They definately refuse to go down without a fight. A little front page pimpage is in order here. There are many [H]ardmembers, that aren't [H]ardfoders yet. I realize most are Gamers, but really, how many hours can they play HL2? Gotta sleep a few hours a week, we could darn sure use all the help we can get.

I'm not a gamer, but do play occasionally. I actually ration my gaming so I don't take too many cycles away from folding. Part of that is because my "gaming rig" also happens to be the system that does the largest chunk of folding. It takes 3 or 4 other systems that I fold with to equal the production of my main system.

I have a feeling some gamers look in here and see how addicting it can be and decide not to fold since they may turn out like me. :eek:

the domains genmay.com and genmay.net are provided by sanjay. I think Digital Mocking makes sure that bandwidth bills are payed, and click46 owns the hardware.. I think thats how it was..

SmokeRngs said:
I'm not a gamer, but do play occasionally. I actually ration my gaming so I don't take too many cycles away from folding. Part of that is because my "gaming rig" also happens to be the system that does the largest chunk of folding. It takes 3 or 4 other systems that I fold with to equal the production of my main system.

I have a feeling some gamers look in here and see how addicting it can be and decide not to fold since they may turn out like me. :eek:

yeah im just the same i have my amd64 that can do some serious folding, but so i game 1 or 2 hours, becuase otherwise i wont get my quoata til march :p need to hit 5000 point by then

I game as well. I used to feel guilty, but when I realize what I've given, and still give. I can hear the other 4 machines doing their thing while I'm shooting or racing. I figure I'm doing my part whether I steal some cycles for entertainment.

I remember when I first started F@H on my old P3 800 (when they were new) some years ago... I hated even moving the mouse ! I have very dedicated boxen that only fold... nothing else. Then I have my main rig that is the fastest/strongest but it's also my main surfing rig, entertainment, music, email, you know.. my computer. The computer is very dedicated as I never shut them off, but its only really dedicated when I'm not there. :D

RedShred said:
I game as well. I used to feel guilty, but when I realize what I've given, and still give. I can hear the other 4 machines doing their thing while I'm shooting or racing. I figure I'm doing my part whether I steal some cycles for entertainment.

I remember when I first started F@H on my old P3 800 (when they were new) some years ago... I hated even moving the mouse ! I have very dedicated boxen that only fold... nothing else. Then I have my main rig that is the fastest/strongest but it's also my main surfing rig, entertainment, music, email, you know.. my computer. The computer is very dedicated as I never shut them off, but its only really dedicated when I'm not there. :D

I guess that's the advantage my main rig has over most. I'm hardly ever using it since it lives at my friend's house and I only get to see it a few times a week most of the time. I really wish I had room in the apartment, a bit more money for the electric bill and money for a cable connection. Hell, I don't even have money for a landline and dial-up. Thus, my main machine sits and folds all the time mostly uninterrupted.

In the last 12 hours, the projected overtake date has been pushed back to May 11th. There's nothing wrong with Gaming, or using a box that also folds. Just need more boxen folding for the team. Everything I have access to is folding. If the folks at OC-AU manage to push the overtake date into our summer, the weather will become our biggest enemy.

same goes for me. i think folding has deterred me slightly from gaming. but now things are starting to change. my beefiest boxen, the laptop and the desktop, are losing ground. The laptop has to travel 45 minutes in 2 directions with me to class and back, and remains dormant during my class. kinda saddening, but unfortunately its priorities. and the desktop.... for some reason its been kicking out several problematic WU's so i'm thinking i might have to downclock it. but nonetheless, i will fold on.

the biggest deterant for my gaming (not that I was much of one to start with) is my girlfriend.... I'd much rather be with her (okay okay, 99.9% of the time) than manage a park in Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.... or a transportation company in Railroad Tycoon II or Transportation..... Every now and then I have a few hours here and there, but mainly I'm either working, sleeping, or running around with my girlfriend... Every PC in my house is crunching away (3).... and I have 2 here at work... I'd love to get more here at work, but me and the IT guy don't see eye to eye (I don't like being treated like I'm 12 and belittled.... which he does because I'm one of the few in the building that knows he's BSing people most of the time).......... I want to build a folding farm....... but I'm also saving up for a ring, a house and a car..... so..........

We need to rally our troops and get more boxen folding!!

Keep on Folding!!

OSUguy98 said:
but I'm also saving up for a ring,

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!! congratulations (i assume that ring isn't 1) a ring of fire for jumping through, 2)a golden hula hoop 3)a blingy ring just for looks )

10: output ("Does the girlfriend know yet?");
20; input string answer;
30; GOTO ThreadTopic;

Yes she knows... we've been friends for almost 10 years.... dating for a year... semi-dating (long story) for the last 6 years or so... She doesn't want a big ring... she'd rather have a house :D ... but we've looked a little here and there at rings... her family (and mine... not to mention everyone at work) assumed that she would get the ring over the New Year while we were in FL.... I have other plans which I won't post due to the possibility of her reading the forum... :D

We need to start bringing that over take prediction CLOSER instead of letting them make it farther and farther away..............

Keep on Folding!!

Waking up each morning next to you're best friend, It doesn't get any cooler. Skimp on the ring, and get a finished basement to stash you're rigs. Congrats on finding the right someone. Many of us are still looking.

My IT chief assumes everyone in the building is dumber than he is. I have the IQ test scores from Mensa to prove him a liar. They still allow employees to use IE. Coupla my hacker buds have offerred to help me inject folding programs into the servers. I managed to blow through network security in less than 10 seconds with a jump drive (Although hardcracking Admin pass/priveleges was recommended, the servers were unfamiliar with moblie Firefox, and granted full rights). It's just fun to mess with the "experts".

Back on topic, we gotta find a way to get a few more new recruits.

Just a thought, but can I simply rename console version of F@H to svchost.exe? Can't fold in my name at work, my clock number is in my sig, but maybe for Relic?

Back