Top six CPUs in passmark... AMD

Damn!

Hmm, wonder why didn't they include pricing on the TR and Ryzen chips?

As we all know, synthetic benchmarks only matter if your team leads in them, right?

To be fair, the guys here who go on and on about Intel being the best never use synthetic benchmarks. It's always the "fastest single core speed and IPC because games don't use multiple cores" argument.

To be fair, the guys here who go on and on about Intel being the best never use synthetic benchmarks. It's always the "fastest single core speed and IPC because games don't use multiple cores" argument.

I don’t think the IPC part for Intel is even true anymore? They just take a small lead because of Ghz.

The competition has definitely been good for the consumers. Now we just need it in GPU space!

I don’t think the IPC part for Intel is even true anymore? They just take a small lead because of Ghz.

The competition has definitely been good for the consumers. Now we just need it in GPU space!

Yeah, even if the IPC isn't on par, it's so bloody close it makes very little difference.

I haven't seen anybody "go on and on" about Intel on this site for at least a couple years. The circle jerk reversed directions awhile back.

I haven't seen anybody "go on and on" about Intel on this site for at least a couple years. The circle jerk reversed directions awhile back.

maybe because in the last couple years intel has done nothing.

now that AMD is actually doing something, people are actually excited about CPUs again. If you’re not interested, I understand. Go back to sleep with your quad core.

I see an excess of those who feel the need to state that Intel is slightly faster in a few games in every thread even remotely related to zen2. Yes, the second post in this thread counts as that too, even if it is only implied.

We need it in the APU space too. AMD really has not been competitive yet at the high end for mobile devices. With that said I am anticipating the arrival of the 7nm APUs in the next few months.

aren't they good to compare different CPU's?

Synthetics are decent baseline tests -- they can help predict performance and can help troubleshoot issues -- but without tests that are relevant to specific usecases, they lack context.

We need it in the APU space too. AMD really has not been competitive yet at the high end for mobile devices. With that said I am anticipating the arrival of the 7nm APUs in the next few months.

We really, really do.

now that AMD is actually doing something, people are actually excited about CPUs again. If you’re not interested, I understand. Go back to sleep with your quad core.

You wouldn't know it from the people that seem to feel a weird need to keep qualifying it. It comes across as if AMD fans don't have complete faith in AMD. If "Intel bad, AMD good" goes without saying, why isn't it?

Like, if "Intel is doing nothing" and you're feeling pretty good about your recent AMD purchase, then continuing to appear in every thread with something nervously snarky about Intel just comes across as insecure, if not a little bizarre.

Alas, brand tribalism for monolithic megacorporations is truly strange, and zealots on both sides are generally useless.

Last edited:
You wouldn't know it from the people that seem to feel a weird need to keep qualifying it. It's as if people don't have complete faith in AMD.

Like, if "Intel is doing nothing" and you're feeling pretty good about your recent AMD purchase, then continuing to appear in every thread with something nervously snarky about Intel just comes across as insecure, if not a little bizarre.

If "Intel bad, AMD good" goes without saying, why isn't it?

intel dug their own grave and it's kinda fun to dance on it.

aren't they good to compare different CPU's?
only if the cpus you want at the top are there, apparently
You wouldn't know it from the people that seem to feel a weird need to keep qualifying it. It's as if people don't have complete faith in AMD.

If "Intel bad, AMD good" goes without saying, why isn't it?

Current developments are the point in visiting the forums here. If you don't want to discuss, feel free to opt out instead of pretending to be a psychic mind reader.

Where in my statement did I imply anything about not being interested, or quad cores?

NVM, I see you got a few strokes from strangers for a change, I see what you were after.

sadw
Where in my statement did I imply anything about not being interested, or quad cores?

NVM, I see you got a few strokes from strangers for a change, I see what you were after.

keep the circle jerk going. LOL I see what you are after.

Wake me up when Ryzen 4000 exists

I always pity those with brand loyalty, they are always bound to get the short straw at some point. While I can choose any straw without remorse. I've been buying Intel CPUs exclusively for 13 years, and I now bought an AMD cpu because it has better value in the enthusiast space. I don't need to justify it to myself, let alone to others. I'm just trying to spread the word that AMD is back as a top player to help others. If that comes off as a circle jerk to someone I'm sorry, but I couldn't care less.

I always pity those with brand loyalty

I was a serious AMD fan before Phenom I came along. The thing that pushed me away was the marketing from AMD about the advantages of the monolithic cores while they had the TLB bug and could not clock the CPU high enough to be competitive with Intel's MCM. Near black friday of that year I said enough was enough. I sold my AMD stock and took the profit + a microsoft bing / cashback (which was extensive on Black Friday of that year 35%?) to purchase my Intel Q9550 linux box. Since then I have no longer been a fan of either. These days (between work and home) I am buying AMD workstations and desktops but Intel laptops.

Back