Top 20 [H] Folders PPD

I made it to #15 yesterday! :cool:
 
I am all out of $$$.
I wish I could build another Dual E5530 system to add even more to the team.

If I can come up with the funds, I will build one more.
My first priority is to buy some UPS for those new systems.

Maybe I can convince the "K" man to loan me some money!
 
Best thing to pass along that I see on there:
Avg PPD 4,556.7

I've seen this mentioned recently but this definitely deserves being repeated - there's some major point getters on our team, but the lower PPD average peeps definitely keep us where we are on top of the hill.

Keep it up everyone...whether 100k PPD or 1,000. Beers, tomales, red bulls and buffalo wings for everybody :D
 
I keep poping on and off the list. With nexus running at full speed and I don't forsee another install untill windows A3 -bigadv. This should help keep me on the list. Even with 60k ppd I risk getting booted off if just a few more people ramp.

Evil, how am I going to lend you $$ if I'm spending it on more "D"?
 
Best thing to pass along that I see on there:


I've seen this mentioned recently but this definitely deserves being repeated - there's some major point getters on our team, but the lower PPD average peeps definitely keep us where we are on top of the hill.

Keep it up everyone...whether 100k PPD or 1,000. Beers, tomales, red bulls and buffalo wings for everybody :D

I'll co-sign this!!
 
sucks I'll drop off from the 100k club today... I'll still stay in the top 20 to nag Kendrak tho :D

And if I have anything to say about it you will stay in my rearview. :p

I do still have to get auth from SWMBO.... and I just used up a bunch of wiffy points to get a new car.
 
By this time next year WILL be on that list!!!!!!!!!!! If i can find full time work much sooner
 
Thinking of rejoining that list myself. I got enough hardware laying around to get on it but just don't have the time to manage it lately. Maybe soon.


 
It's funny I was looking at it yesterday and thinking about the same thing, in that it takes roughly 50K per day to even make the list lately. Now with the new WinSMP A3 core not bogging down the GPUs I can still hang toward the bottom even with playing Star Trek. :)

Congrats to the [H]ard efforts of everyone on the team.
thumbsup.gif
 
I don't remember what my PPD was exactly but I remember being 12th on the team in production with under 20k PPD. That was by far the highest I ever made it and never thought I would even reach the top 20. I remember when 1k PPD was practically unreachable without a home farm or a bunch of borgs.

 
Just a few days ago we had our 100th [H]orde member reach 5 million total points. I was hoping I would be the 100th but alas, newxperiment beat me to it so I will be 101st.

 
Ive been hoping to get in the top 20ppd, but everyone keeps climbing. I'm about to buy another GTX 260!
 
Thinking of rejoining that list myself. I got enough hardware laying around to get on it but just don't have the time to manage it lately. Maybe soon.



Send your hardware over to me. I don't have to pay for electricity. Sadly, also don't have the funds to get new hardware. Quite the irony...
 
I have cheap electricity but no funds for [H]ardware. I'll ramp up in June or maybe wait until September when the winter folding season starts. I have ground source heat/cooling so summer running only sucks because seasonal power rates are higher then.
 
Evil, how am I going to lend you $$ if I'm spending it on more "D"?

I thought you were not alloed to get more "D" ??
I guess I have to remind your other half about that new washer again! *Evil Laugh*

My funds are almost tapped out.
At the moment, I am trying to get a good idea on where my power usage is.
Last month was the coldest, so I had a $100 spike in power usage.
(Same month the three new E5530 servers came online)
Once it levels off, i can determine how many more systems I can afford.

It will not be until summer that i can measure power consumption for the dedicated Air conditioner i had installed in my server room will cost to run.
It should not be to much since it is a high efficiently unit for a single room and has two compressors (60% mode and 40% additional secondary mode)

LGStock.jpg

LGNeoPlama.JPG
 
Last edited:
I've been trying to find the time to build just one boxen. After next week we go to 3 days a week onsite which means, I'll be home on Thu & Fri. I am hoping that over the next couple of weeks, I can get a second i7 up and running on BigAdv WUs. Not sure what GPU I will run on it, but I'll only be running one.

 
Nice work guys. There have been a lot of nice ramp ups lately. Quite a dedicated team!

Fold on!
 
I got an A1 on my main rig, that was enough to push me out of the top 20.

Come-on A3 -bigadv!
 
One Time I made it all the way to #12 with 58k PPD, now I'm holding a solid 30k for 37th - 40th

But, I think today I'll get around to getting my i7 up, Ive got 2 days off work, mite even figure out which GX2s work so I can sell off the rest

Hoping just to pop on the 20 list here and there, maybe 60k for now, more after taxes :)
 
It's about time you got that mower running. You've been on my threat list too long, you need to go ahead and flatten me and be done with it lol.
 
Oh noes me dropped to 32. :(

Having a temperature problem due to some fan fails so I'm backing off until that's fixed.
 
[H]ydra;1035308539 said:
If I can somehow stay in top 50 I think I'd be happy :)

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&srt=1&t=33


I dont think you understand the addiction. It starts with just one box and watching your stats. then you tell yourself your computer is old and its time for a upgrade when in truth it worked just fine. the excitment of seeing your points jump. now spending money on computer parts=fun/excitment. your old computer collecting dust sites in the corner somewhere and its calling you like a ghost from the past i can still do 600ppd-1500ppd what the hell why now you say its only a couple light bulbs of juice. oh no someone is catching me just soo happens there's a gtx260 on sale $151 what a deal i cant possibly pass that up. Bye the way i have about 3 months to keep you from passing me
 
lehmann's words are so true. When I decided to return to committed 24x7 folding a few months ago, I told myself all I wanted was a solid 50K PpD (+/- 10K) in production and I'd be happy with that. I found myself at 60K finally a couple weeks ago and then thought about how I could better optimize what I had for a bit more points efficiency.

Last week, in an attempt to accomplish this, I put a plan together to buy hardware to move my GPUs out of my Core i7 rig so I could reduce the bigadv frame times by about 2.5 minutes regaining about 2K in points. I was just going to get a 3 or 4 slot PCI-E motherboard and a cheap Celeron to do this. However, I now have much more than this on the way; a BadAxe2, a P6N Diamond, Q6600, Celeron 430, and 8GB of memory all will be here in a couple days. So, although, I didn't really want to increase my production, I will soon be over 70K and find myself with even more PCI-E slots to fill. I mean, we can't leave these slots empty, can we? :rolleyes:
 
Careful Tobit, last time I said that I spent 2k in hardware...
8 GX2s, 2 K9A2s, 4 8800GT's, 3 GTX 260s, 2 295's, and 8opteron's and 32gigs of RAM
Too bad I had to sell most of that, but be careful, the bug becomes a virus REALLLY fast
 
Careful Tobit, last time I said that I spent 2k in hardware...

Last time i said that, i ended up with a server room & all these dual cpu boxen costing around $5000.00.

That line "Just one more system" is a very slippery slope.

All this started with just 3 x E2140 dedicated systems in Janurary 2008.
 
THE DIE[H]ARD FOLDER'S TRUTH

I really need to sig this.
I think I will.

A billion times right.
I was happy with a q9450 system + 4830 CF. Then I needed nV cards so I bought 1 GTX 260. Then a 2nd. Then I decided I wanted -bigadv pts. i7, x58, 12gb ddr3, new case came next. It's ridiculous. The allure of points and jumping spots is so hard to deny.

Luckily for me I'm at a point where I'd love to tack on MOAR PPD but I just can't....have a baby on the way, need to save what I can when I can (and continue rolling with what I've got).
 
Back
Top