Top 10 Washable Tech Products

HardOCP News

[H] News
PCMag has just posted an extremely useful top 10 list of washable tech products today that everyone should check out. If you don’t think “washable” is a useful feature for tech products, read the quote about below:

Did you realize that your keyboard, mouse, and desk can harbor thousands of germs, too? In fact, it's been said that four hundred times more bacteria are found on a desk than on most toilet seats! While you can't prevent coffee spills, crumbs, or co-workers touching your computer, you can opt to keep things a bit cleaner and invest in products that are 100-percent washable.

Ugh. I think I’m going to go wash my RatPadz XT right now!

Bacteria's good for you. Keeps your immune system on its feet. Plus, include yogurt (with active bacteria cultures) in your diet, especially if you're on antibiotics.

Unless there's a trend of computer users becoming severely ill more often than the average person, I see no reason to change my ways.

yeah I'll get onto washing my stuff right after I sterilize every single door handle right before I touch it..

Bacteria's good for you. Keeps your immune system on its feet. Plus, include yogurt (with active bacteria cultures) in your diet, especially if you're on antibiotics.

Unless there's a trend of computer users becoming severely ill more often than the average person, I see no reason to change my ways.
I agree. Cleanliness isn't a bad thing --but I have no desire to become Howard Hughes as he was in later life.

Bah, you can wash ANY keyboard and mouse, as long as you rinse them well and let them dry fully before trying to use them again.

Even if they don't dry completely, you'll just short circuits and they wont work until they do dry. There isn't enough power going through a keyboard or mouse to ruin anything by plugging them in when they're still a little wet.

I washed my MX700 keyboard a couple years ago. Just remove the circuitry and you can do anything you want to the keys and casing. I hand-washed everything, but I'm sure you could put the casing in the dishwasher.

I used to throw my Model-M into the dishwasher. I would give it a good rinse in distilled water and let it dry out. Man I miss that keyboard. :(

My flash stick ends up in the wash all the time. It's holding up pretty good so far. I always seem to catch it before it goes in the drier though...

Back