Too pumped up, can't wait for Mad Max game, so installing Rage...

I never used the pop rockets except bosses. I really like the pistol with fat-boys, the authority sub machine gun. and wing-sticks. Oh, and if you have the DLC, you get the rebar launcher thing and possibly a nail gun (Can't remember for sure as it's been a while. I haven't made it to the DLC mission on this play-through yet.) Rebar gun is pretty cool in some cases.

You missed out. At even the point I am in the game (the first 1/3rd or so), there is no reason to not use the most powerful weapons and ammunition you have all the time. Basically I can make infinite cash by playing the card game. And supplies for making Pop Rockets are cheap.

I generally find that the authority machine gun takes too long and too many bullets kill even simple enemies (Maybe on difficulties that are below hard that isn't the case, but the Authority machine gun makes it possible to headshot multiple times in a single burst, and I find enemies still don't go down from that). Wing Sticks are pretty good, as are any of the side arms. I end up using grenades a lot since a lot of times enemies just camp out behind cover. Wing Stings are good if you're up against melee enemies that charge you.

Fat Boys are okay, but even on the pistol there are better ammunition types. Like Kill Bursts. However I find the the pistol to be too slow and underpowered after better weapons come along.

I don't have the DLC, so I can't comment on that, or the weps from it.

I don't use those because I don't have other weapons. I just use them because they fit the way I play, and are effective for me. I use the other weapons too, these are just what I use primarily. I also like using the RC bombs creatively.

Back