• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Too Hot?

Draco-1

n00b
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
17
I just put together my new system which includes an Athlon X2 4400+ in an ASUS A8N32-SLI mobo, using Arctic 5 goop. I've been playing with the ASUS Si booster overclocking utility and have bumped it up to 2.5 GHz. The utility reports that I'm running at 44c, but in another thread someone said they were hitting 3GHz at only 40c.

Now, it's been a while since I've overclocked, so A. I don't really trust this software overclocking, and 2. I remember that some motherboards would report higher temps than others, and that ASUS had a tendency to read high.

So is it possible that this motherboard just reads high? Or is this an issue?

Also, is the ASUS overclocking software a good and reliable tool?

And as a renewed newibe question: What type of overclocks are the X2 4400s getting these days?

Thanks.
 
I think you're ok in terms of temps. I wouldn't worry too much unless you start hitting the high 50's.
 
Back
Top