Tomb Raider, Deus Ex Devs Working On New Avengers Game

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Crystal Dynamics is working on a bunch of games based on Marvel’s “The Avengers.” There is pretty much zero information on it other than the fact that it will feature an original story, and we’ll be getting more details in—2018. What I think is that Crystal Dynamics should dedicate all their manpower to the Tomb Raider games instead, which have been phenomenal. Marvel has rubbed me the wrong way with their failing comics and generic films, all of which have lame quips and terrible cinematography.

Marvel Entertainment and Square Enix announced today a multi-year, multi-game partnership, leading with the reveal of The Avengers project. This newly established partnership pairs the creative minds at Marvel and Square Enix for one of the most powerful alliances in interactive entertainment. A game based on beloved Marvel heroes, The Avengers project is being crafted by Crystal Dynamics – longtime developers of the award winning Tomb Raider series – in collaboration with lauded Deus Ex developer Eidos-Montréal. The Avengers project is being designed for gamers worldwide and will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise. Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come. More details on The Avengers project and other games will be announced in 2018.

Whatever this is, or turns out to be, it sounds awesome. Big fan of all the movies (all the bullshit aside), and a lifelong comic fan.

I have mixed feelings about this.

I love the Tomb Raider games so I have no doubt in Crystal Dynamics but I wish their time was better spent on non-Comic book related games. I'm burned out on all things Marvel at this point and couldn't care less about the super hero stuff anymore....(except Guardians of the Galaxy 2).

Also a lifelong comics fan and collector; well over 4000 issues stored away. If we can be spared any SJW themes and Joss Whedon is forbidden from participating, an Avengers game series could be spectacular.

pff that ridiculous costume parade.... but i like the punisher, punisher is cool

vZ90W9c.jpg

Dumb, keep making good Tomb Raider and Deus Ex games instead.

But they gave up on that a decade ago, haha just trolling.

I wouldn't mind an avengers game, if done well I think it could be a HUGE seller, which would be good for the developer and publisher to keep that ball rolling for TR and DE.

Back