Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint

The game launched on Steam today with an 80% discount on all packages. Seems Ubisoft is doing this kind of discount with all of their titles launching on Steam to quickly build up the player base.
It's definitely worth it at that price. I paid full price for it and got my money's worth out of it and then some. Although the game was a train wreck on release, it's a solid title now.

Is the base game worth it, or do you really need the DLC?
The expansions are a lot of fun, but most aren't what I'd consider "needed". Although, the Splinter Cell one was great. However, Motherland makes the game what it always should have been. Not only is it good, but it allows you to reset the game world whenever you want and replay it. The base game lets you replay anything you want but you have to replay each mission manually and trigger the subsequent missions in the same fashion. The order of which isn't clear. Sure, you can start a new character and go through the game all over again but getting all the unlocks and discovering the whole map again sucks ass. It's way too tedious outside of missions like the Splinter Cell ones which are structured in a way as to be a little easier to replay.

The expansions are a lot of fun, but most aren't what I'd consider "needed". Although, the Splinter Cell one was great. However, Motherland makes the game what it always should have been. Not only is it good, but it allows you to reset the game world whenever you want and replay it. The base game lets you replay anything you want but you have to replay each mission manually and trigger the subsequent missions in the same fashion. The order of which isn't clear. Sure, you can start a new character and go through the game all over again but getting all the unlocks and discovering the whole map again sucks ass. It's way too tedious outside of missions like the Splinter Cell ones which are structured in a way as to be a little easier to replay.
Thanks... May pick up the one with the DLC then instead of the base :).

I never consider DLCs needed but they can def add extra hours of fun. Try the base game first and see if you like it.

I never consider DLCs needed but they can def add extra hours of fun. Try the base game first and see if you like it.
Needed isn't the right word, but the majority of them are a lot of fun. Motherland is especially great.

The splinter cell one was okay, but it only took like 2 or 3 hours. The red faction one is totally forgettable (literally I don't remember it).
Motherland is awesome though. Better than the base game imo, and It's free.

The splinter cell one was okay, but it only took like 2 or 3 hours. The red faction one is totally forgettable (literally I don't remember it).
Motherland is awesome though. Better than the base game imo, and It's free.
The one you are talking about is the one where you get a series of assassination missions to take out Russian leaders that are working with the Wolves. It culminates in the killing of Tray Stone, who is the black gloved weirdo in the business suit seen in the Splinter Cell DLC and mentioned briefly in the base game. It's the one with the gas mask mechanic. I enjoyed it. There are good parts to it like the mission where you have to fly a plane over a base, jump out and make entry into the building from the roof and clear it out without getting spotted.

Back