todd258 may be a scammer

yeah danny im $225 out. well we have to wait for paypal. will prob win the dispute but I bet theres nothing in his account so prob wont get any back. however if you used a CC with paypal as I did then you should be able to claim back through them. my UK CC certainly has insurance cover for this sort of fraud. will wait for paypal first then take it further.
yes we all need to file with his local police. now its been proven he is the same guy as on oc.net sio someone there will have his address as he did buy some stuff like the CPU I paid for.

I wouldn't wait for Paypal they can take like 45+ day to look into it unless he don't reply and then theres a chance he don't have hte money into his account which means you would still get nothing. Take it straight to your CC. I am sure you will be getting your money back instead of waiting for him to but money in his account by a bank account. (he can still sell things and make a profit. the only way you can get money from him is if he transfers it into his account by the bank unless he has money in his account.

Be safe take it to you CC right now!

I wouldn't wait for Paypal they can take like 45+ day to look into it unless he don't reply and then theres a chance he don't have hte money into his account which means you would still get nothing. Take it straight to your CC. I am sure you will be getting your money back instead of waiting for him to but money in his account by a bank account. (he can still sell things and make a profit. the only way you can get money from him is if he transfers it into his account by the bank unless he has money in his account.

Be safe take it to you CC right now!

good point. yeah im right on it now. ;)

I learned the hard way about 8 months ago i filed a claim.. i won he didn't respond.. he had no money and i still have yet to receive anyhting from it. However if they don't pay then paypal takes it to a collection place and either he pays them or he gets bad credit. so even if i don't get the money back i know he will have a hard time getting stuff that he wants:D

Charge Backs from the CC is the best choice to go.

2 years ago I bought a high end Dell from a supposed Dell whole-saler in Alaska ($2,500~). Then the web site disappeared and the phone stopped working. Filed ALL possible charges and reported him to everone one I could, including the FBI. Paypal would do nothing. But my credit card did a charge-back. He is now in prison because his crimes involved "interstate" commerce and some other web based, mail and phone crimes. He ripped people and companies off to the tune of several million, all by shutting down shop, not sending out merchandise, collection payments, all in the span of a little over a month.

What pisses me off the most is that I sold my video card in expectation of getting this one.:(

This year alone I have had 3 people rip me off. I wonder if it is really worth trading on forums, I mean I catch a few deals but with the losses I have taken I am most likely breaking even.

Can't believe I missed this thread before. I purchased a Motherboard/CPU combo from this guy and sent payment on the 29th of March. The items in question were an Athlon 64 3700+ Socket 939 and an ASUS A8N-SLI for $100 total including shipping. I requested that he PM me with tracking information after shipping, but have received no word from him since. I did request an address from him and did a reverse lookup on the zip code to see if it matched the city and it did....too bad I didn't check the rest of the address. >_< I do have a phone number though and intend to try that tomorrow afternoon. I suppose until then I should go ahead and put out a claim in PayPal. Not like it'll do much good.

Anyone involved with this person, PM me and I'll share my saved corrospondance with you. Perhaps if we all pool our info we can help retrieve our cash.

to be honest, dont allow yourself to be put off from forum trades. By doing so it just makes it harder for the honest people who do have real deals and offers. Thigns like this are a real upset ot a community like this and it is frustrating true, but it just points more and more to the idea of trading with more established, and known people. Feel bad for the n00bies, but unless you provide us with honest information (your name, age (lol), phone # and the like)

todd258 said:
Word of wisdom, don't trust international buyers from Latvia. They lie and they enjoy ruining your FS thread.
I don't know who are you Tod, but you really missed your brains. I purchased nothing from you, but these words are like insult, because i live in Latvia and I've done lot of international deals. I'm waiting for explanation for this one.

to be honest, dont allow yourself to be put off from forum trades. By doing so it just makes it harder for the honest people who do have real deals and offers. Thigns like this are a real upset ot a community like this and it is frustrating true, but it just points more and more to the idea of trading with more established, and known people. Feel bad for the n00bies, but unless you provide us with honest information (your name, age (lol), phone # and the like)

yes you are totally right. im still kicking myself for being so tired after my nightshifts that I made payment right away thinking it was to another user(toddm27 very well established and trustworthy). i would never have made payment to someone who is newish and I knew nothing about at all.:eek:

moral of storey is dont buy stuff either when youve had a run of a few days without sleep, or you are drunk. this is only the second time ive been scammed in over 4 years of forum trading but it still pisses me off. both times to kids too.:eek:

yes I got your pm mate. I actually forgot I typed this in the heat of the moment so I now publicly apologise, sladesurfer is in NO way connected to the scam. he is a good user on both here and oc.net.

and it turns out I was right, its the same todd258 on oc.net as here he has been caught after investigation by the mods thanks to me for posting there I guess. well at least im happy about that as he had a decent reputation on oc.net and people trusted him with deals. he tried to squirm his way out of it but has been caught and banned.:D

Actually, he brought the scam to our attention with the same stolen account story he fed you guys. I confirmed todd258 to several other IPs and accounts on OCN, one of which was previously banned for failing to refund another member. Big mess, indeed.

If you were scammed, please PM or email me. I'll give you some more info, as well as what you can do.

BTW, don't write off forum trades or youth. As previously stated, this happens only once in a while. Unfortunately, it can't be prevented, but can be helped by doing your research. In this case, that would not have helped though... :( As far as youth, I'm 15. Granted, many people my age are stupid enough to try and scam, but many of us are competent enough to foil their pans. ;)

PreOmegaZero, I've got plenty of IPs. Let me know what/why you need.

sent you a PM Chipp. Appreciate all you are doing to help us out.

How old is this guy...I saw another todd258 on a auto forum. on that forum he is 16 is this the same guy?

If so I would love to give a call to his parents.

How old is this guy...I saw another todd258 on a auto forum. on that forum he is 16 is this the same guy?

Seems about right. I know him as turning 17.

IF YOU LIKE YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT, DON'T EVEN CONSIDER A CREDIT CARD CHARGEBACK.

PayPal will close your account if you authorize an external reversal. They essentially remove your rights to a external chargeback when you agree to use your card through their service. Thats the dumbest advice I've ever heard, because the money has to come from somewhere when it gets taken from PayPal. They're not nice about chargebacks.

PayPal will close your account if you authorize an external reversal. They essentially remove your rights to a external chargeback when you agree to use your card through their service. Thats the dumbest advice I've ever heard, because the money has to come from somewhere when it gets taken from PayPal. They're not nice about chargebacks.

Essentially, you leave PayPal with the bill at your credit card's authority. PayPal signs off their own rights to that when they agree to do business with credit card companies. Naturally, they don't want to encourage that so they'll delete your account for it.

It is gay but im sure you can just make another one just like the trolls do!

beats loosing alot of money

Not at all a problem. I have the ability to help, so I'll do it. ;)

Thank you. The info you provided was listed so I was able to get a phone number. I have to really sit down and think what my next course of action is.

That is not true. I have done PayPal CC reversals through Amex for eBay sellers who never sent stuff and I still have (and use) my PP account. The important thing is to give PP the chance to investigate and try to return your funds. If they are unsuccessful (or don't rule in your favor), THEN you can go to your CC company and you will be in full compliance with PP's T&C. If you go directly to the CC company, PayPal may indeed close your account.

yes thats him. he was unmasked on oc.net too. tell me the forum name so can contact the mods and get him banned from there too. no hiding place you little trolling scumbag.:mad:

yes thats him. he was unmasked on oc.net too. tell me the forum name so can contact the mods and get him banned from there too. no hiding place you little trolling scumbag.:mad:

i couldnt give 2 shits about my paypal account. they failed me before, if they do this time they can close it for all I care. f*ck paypal tbh.

Do Not Post Personal Info - Vertigo Acid

hope that isnt against rules posting a trolls details online. thats him folks.
im going to send letters to his parents for starters. now is anyone nearby that can phone his local police department? then get the officer dealing with it email address and give it to us that are a bit further away.

hope that isnt against rules posting a trolls details online. thats him folks.
im going to send letters to his parents for starters. now is anyone nearby that can phone his local police department? then get the officer dealing with it email address and give it to us that are a bit further away.

It is against the rules to post RL info, PM a mod.

I don't know about US, but at least in Latvia i can get home telephone number by knowing address. I think someone who live in PA and weight 300lbs should go and talk with Todd.

It is against the rules to post RL info, PM a mod.

i dont see why when you are outing a scammer tbh. should he be protected? that doesnt seem right. well mods can remove if they see fit. I can pm it to anyone that doesnt have it already if it gets removed. my own personal opinion is this should be posted on every forum. so he gets spam mail etc. im going to contact that university too, try to get the principal or something. they can contact the mods here and oc.net if they need evidence. how cool would it be if we got him kicked out of uni. that would be REAL justice.

I'm going to guess that the other Austerberry mentioned by an earlier user is his mom and he was using her PayPal to help his scam. Anyway, this evidence corroborates what I already have so I believe I have the address, name, and phone number of the entire family living at that residence, along with 2 PayPal accounts, 2 email accounts both by the same ISP, and a whole host of screennames. It seems Todd even competed in a District XI wrestling tournament in 2004.

If anyone involved would like to add info or wants the info I currently have, PM me and it will be provided.

I think someone who live in PA and weight 300lbs should go and talk with Todd.

LOL...I'm in PA ...but I'm only a buck eighty.....I'm pretty sure I could "talk" to him without any problems though....

I'm gonna try to call his parents today and, if they won't be cooperative, the Pottsville Police dept. Hopefully I can at least get his parents to confirm the address and who knows....they might be nice polite people willing to take responsibility for their kid's screwup.

Well, I called the three numbers that I had and the first number was disconnected. The second number was a old fashioned answering machine and the thirs number was his grandparents.

I am now waiting on a call back from the parents since their number has been switched to a unpublished number. I hope I can get a hold of his parents today to get this issue resolved before I have to call the local police.

You're free to share via PM or other methods what ever info you'd like, but, we can't allow posting of that publicly. Sorry guys, and good luck with his parents :(

I sent e-mail with all information about him and his fraud to Clarion university e-mail address.
Somebody who live near might call to university better, that would be faster.

I sent e-mail with all information about him and his fraud to Clarion university e-mail address.
Somebody who live near might call to university better, that would be faster.

Kasparz,
Todd258 is not a student at Clarion University. I attend Clarion and the University has no record of anybody by his real name ever attending there, besides he is 16, so he is more than likely still in high school.

Guys, can someone who lives nearby get to get a hold of the PA police dpt phone number and phone them. they will likely investigate. also get an email address for the contacted officer so those of us far away can email details.

Guys, can someone who lives nearby get to get a hold of the PA police dpt phone number and phone them. they will likely investigate. also get an email address for the contacted officer so those of us far away can email details.

With a case like this, local police might not be much help. It can never hurt to try though.

Your best bet would be the FBI's IC3, I think.
http://www.ic3.gov/

Back