Tobit's Afternoon Delight

This WU finished a little while ago and the numbers held pretty consistent throughout for an about 6K to 7K PPD difference compared to the Windows 7 numbers I posted earlier. I'm pleased.

Min. Time / Frame : 00:23:42 - 82,153.7 PPD
Avg. Time / Frame : 00:23:53 - 81,209.5 PPD

That's very impressive, Tobit. It really begs the question what it would be able to do in native Linux.

That's very impressive, Tobit. It really begs the question what it would be able to do in native Linux.

I can't wait for the day -bigadv returns to native Linux.

Apollo and others...

I recently added two more sticks of memory so I am now operating in triple channel mode and I've disabled NUMA in the BIOS. As a result, I now have Windows7 running better natively than Linux/WINE on the same WU.

Min. Time / Frame : 00:20:11 - 104,534.6 PPD
Avg. Time / Frame : 00:20:15 - 103,293.4 PPD

Pretty damn impressive I'd say.

On Linux, it appears that the NUMA setting in the BIOS is ignored by the kernel and the kernel is forcing NUMA. What I need to try next is to compile the kernel without any kind of NUMA support whatsoever and see how it does. So I still have some more work to do with my kernel tuning.

Nice increase in ppd! What were your linux/wine results verus win7?
Nm, I see your previous post.
I much prefer running Linux and can't wait for the return of linux -bigadv too

Wow, huge boost!! The NUMA disable setting has really proven a boon for the dual S1366 folks. :cool:

Since I'm in Windows, I'm now using the SetFSB utility to software OC these puppies by a whopping 48 MHz. Shaved a few seconds off to put me below 20m frames:

Min. Time / Frame : 00:19:54 - 106,775.1 PPD

:cool:

Last edited:
Back