To big of a power supply?

Sprtfan

Limp Gawd
I know this is a pretty meaning less question. I have a pretty modest system that will have a Phenom II 550 (unlocked to quad), 2 HDD, 8gb ram, and a 9600GT. I have a Enhance ENP-5150GH 500W, 600W OCZ ModXStream Pro, and an ENERMAX EIN720AWT. I know any of them would be more than enough for my system but wanted to see if I would be better off using the 500W because power supplies tend to be more efficiant some where in the middle of there range. I'm not sure how fast they drop off at the low and high end of there range some maybe it makes no difference at all. Thanks

I'd be more concerned about quality of PSU than efficiency of PSU. unfortunately, I'm not familiar with how the PSUs compare with one another. just my 2 cents.

PSUs are more efficient at around 50-60% load, so you'd be better off with the Enhance PSU.

I'd be more concerned about quality of PSU than efficiency of PSU. unfortunately, I'm not familiar with how the PSUs compare with one another. just my 2 cents.

The Enhance and the Enermax are both quality PSU and the OCZ is not to bad as OCZ PSU go. The Enermax would be the best one I think in terms of quality. I read a review that said that the Enermax was between 82% and 85% between 20-100% so I might just use it even though it is way overkill for my set up. I probably just use the Enhance and sell the Enermax though since it would be wasted but I guess I'll have room to grow if I ever get back into gaming.

Back