Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
No.TLER Issue: Does it Affect RAID 0?
I thought software RAID was fake RAID. It's motherboard RAID; P67.
And I thought the issue was that TLER was 'supported', but malfunctioning.
..and yes, TLER (and similar technologies) only matter when you are using a hardware RAID controller.
AFAIK RAID1 isn't effected because both discs are written at the same time and considered a non-parity array?The controller then finds a redundant copy of that sector data from another drive in the array (with RAID levels 1, 0+1 or 10)
Would it matter?I would be surprised if the raid controller wrote to both sides at the same time, as that introduces a single point of failure, no?
ZFS is limited to specific OSes, hardware RAID is not.
Just depends on what the user needs for the situation.
AFAIK RAID1 isn't effected because both discs are written at the same time and considered a non-parity array?
I would be surprised if the raid controller wrote to both sides at the same time, as that introduces a single point of failure, no?
Wasn't suggesting it was the panacea![]()