TiVo Premiere DVR - 45 Hour HD, Referb $45

Comcasts DVRs(the motorola boxes) are freaking terrible. I ditched mine a while ago and got a refurb tivo. Instead of the $12 a month or whatever it was for the comcast DVR, I pay $1.50 a month for a 2 channel card in my tivo and the $13 monthly tivo fee. It costs a couple extra bucks a month, but it's worth it.

And of course you can also swap the HDDs on these out for larger.

OP should be updated to include $5 s/h in the price, it's actually $49.99 not $44.99.

I guess it's decent if you want a tivo for cheap, but you get almost 30 hours more HD storage from the newer model premiere.

I have a Tivo premier as my primary cable box, and, after the last few updates, I'm finally happy with it. It does what it does.

It does hulu, but is a very badly. It may be better now since release, but when the hulu app first came out it was crazy slow. I actually bought a roku for hulu plus because it was so bad.

It will do Amazon video on demand, but it won't do amazon prime videos. It's also got youtube, pandora, and some other cool web features.

Depending on what the service rate is, it might be cheaper than a comcast DVR rental. You'll get one cable card for free, so if you don't have any other DVRs all you'll pay is the TiVo fee. If you're not going to get the service, there is no point in the device -- it's as useful as a rock if it's not under subscription.

I had two tivos the hd and the premier - I built two media centers to replace them- the cost is what got me finally 129 a year or 500 lifetime of the device (not the serivie) with two I was paying 260 ish...I think the preimer deal now is 19.99 a month for the service.

The $20 a month -- I belive that gets you a free tivo, though. I think it's $12.95 or something like that if you just get the service.

I could be wrong though, as I'm still under "contract" with them so I'm paying the $20.

Back