Titans already on Ebay for 1600 USD

Futher information:

So, he doesn't own a store, he is contracted through a store which supposedly has the cards.

I wasn't able to find Ctrl E Z Custom PCs and Repair but I did find a Ctrl Z Custom PCs and Repair.

So he's a duchebag trying to rip off tards with more money than brains... Hate the former, don't care about the latter... FAIL people all around...

lol at the ad "behold the worlds fastest gpu". Makes me think he will just send you a 690.

Just seeing all his feedback for old computer sold items should make a buyer wonder where he got the titans from if he had any at all.

I wonder if this seller is even legit, this person doesn't have a lot of feedback anyway.

I'm amazed people are willing to pay over $1500 for this card, guess some people are inpatient.

I wonder if this seller is even legit, this person doesn't have a lot of feedback anyway.

I'm amazed people are willing to pay over $1500 for this card, guess some people are inpatient.
and monementally stupid.
Yes like someone said earlier, people who bought it off him deserve to be scammed. When you spend $1600 do some research, else you will be scammed. PERIOD.

Seeing a lot at ebay.com I offered her an amount of $ 1,100 for one video card (I had two video cards), as the seller sold the lot one card for 1599 dollars, he agreed, after I came to the forum http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1039630335, where people discussed this seller about the fact that he is not in the presence of these cards, and the fact that this item has been, at best, pre-order, or even fraud, no information on pre-order in the lot was not, therefore, before I wrote to pay the seller asked to send live photos of the video card, and not the ones that are in the subject, taken from the site http://videocardz.com/39618/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-pictured, the seller said that the lot I had already paid for and send pictures is not going, so I wrote about that cancels the order due to the fact that the credit card has a limit on the one-time payment in the amount of $ 1,600, the seller responded with a threat that I must pay the item within 48 hours or it apply to the Law-enforcement bodies, this is more than I was concerned, because the seller has started to put pressure on the buyer, without providing any evidence of a video card, all photos taken from the site http://videocardz.com/39618/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-pictured, as evidenced by the cut right appear below edge of the photo, with the Chinese character.

Also attached correspondence, where he asked to send photos, and where requested cancellation of purchase, dealer behaved arrogantly.

I:

To: ctrlez
Subject: Details about item: mistergoldkz sent a message about Asus Nvidia GTX TITAN GPU 6gb GK110 #200897669690
Sent Date: Feb-19-13 21:51:06 PST

Dear ctrlez,

Hi. I'm having doubts about the existence of this card you have, please send me photos of the box video card, and a couple of other pictures of this card, which are made by you and not taken from the internet. After taking photographs, payment will be made.

- mistergoldkz

Seller:

Dear mistergoldkz,

According to our records, you have already purchased the item and we are still awaiting payment. Please make payment within 48hrs. The item will be shipped in 1 business day of cleared payment via USPS.

Thanks
Online Support
Ctrl E Z Electronics

- ctrlez

I:

Subject: Payment and checkout: mistergoldkz sent a message about Asus Nvidia GTX TITAN GPU 6gb GK110 #200897669690
Sent Date: Feb-19-13 23:38:32 PST

Dear ctrlez,

Hi. I ask to cancel a purchase, because my VISA credit card has restrictions on the payment of purchases in excess of $ 1600. Sincerely.

Seller:

To: mistergoldkz
Subject: Re: Payment and checkout: mistergoldkz sent a message about Asus Nvidia GTX TITAN GPU 6gb GK110 #200897669690
Sent Date: Feb-20-13 00:23:20 PST

Dear mistergoldkz,

I am sorry but eBay bids are a lawful binding contract. If payment is not made within 48hrs as required, actions will be taken on your account by eBay and the amount due will be forwarded to collections. As allowed by US and international law, this may also be reported to one or more certified credit agencies. This is our policy and eBay policy.

- ctrlez

I:

Subject: Re: Payment and checkout: mistergoldkz sent a message about Asus Nvidia GTX TITAN GPU 6gb GK110 #200897669690
Sent Date: Feb-20-13 00:35:02 PST

Dear ctrlez,

Selling video card, which you do not, too prosecuted by law and punishable by Ebay. Send me pictures of the product that you have, and not taken from the internet pictures that were in turn taken from a Chinese website. If the evidence will not be deported, I would have to apply to the Law-enforcement bodies, and write an application to Ebay and Paypal about what you are doing fraud.

Also on this site says that you have no video, and the person who lives away from you in 20 minutes, it was confirmed in correspondence with you.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1039630335

- mistergoldkz

Seller:

Dear mistergoldkz,

Haha using stock photographs for selling is allowed. Your payment is expected.

- ctrlez

*cough* PT Barnum... sucker... minute... *cough*

(and yes I know he supposedly never said that, but it sure as hell applies here!)

"I am sorry but eBay bids are a lawful binding contract. If payment is not made within 48hrs as required, actions will be taken on your account by eBay and the amount due will be forwarded to collections. As allowed by US and international law, this may also be reported to one or more certified credit agencies. This is our policy and eBay policy."

the fukk? never heard of that in my 14 years of ebaying

Can someone with a firm grasp of the English language email this guy and post it for the lolz.

I probably would have responded the same way (well, without the threats of legal action and crap...that was pretty low). If you had doubts about him having the cards, you shouldn't have bid in the first place.

I wouldn't worry too much about that non-paying bidder thing. Just put through a request to cancel the transaction. Even if he doesn't accept the cancellation (which it looks like he won't), all that really happens is it puts a non-paying bidder record in your account. If you get a few of those, eBay will close your account, but otherwise there's really nothing that can happen to you. He's just trying to scare you.

I probably would have responded the same way (well, without the threats of legal action and crap...that was pretty low). If you had doubts about him having the cards, you shouldn't have bid in the first place.

I wouldn't worry too much about that non-paying bidder thing. Just put through a request to cancel the transaction. Even if he doesn't accept the cancellation (which it looks like he won't), all that really happens is it puts a non-paying bidder record in your account. If you get a few of those, eBay will close your account, but otherwise there's really nothing that can happen to you. He's just trying to scare you.

Do this, the only response I would give the guy is your intent to submit his name for possible fraud.

It's obvious he doesn't have the cards and is just cashing in on the early adopters so he can buy them online and resell them after they are released. MSRP is $1000. No one should pay a dime more unless they love wasting money or something.

He finally (or was forced to by Ebay) pull his listing.

Fraud exposed!

Glad I started this thread and glad several of you guys called him out on it, and forced him to go away.

He finally (or was forced to by Ebay) pull his listing.

Fraud exposed!

Glad I started this thread and glad several of you guys called him out on it, and forced him to go away.
I still see it as available. 4h 36m 28s and counting? Geez, I hope this guy does get shut down...

He for sure is still there.

I doubt that any of us could do anything other than making potential buyers aware of the risk.

Keep reporting him, and for the buyer who bid on the item, ignore it and report it to ebay, with a copy of the transcript. Ebay/Paypal policy is to take the side of the buyer unless proven otherwise.

In response to MisterGold - you may have created more work for yourself, but you should be fine in the end. Ebay protects buyers. Just make sure you file a dispute right away and escalate to a claim thereafter.

Additionally, the pictures he has are not stock photos. Those photos are someone else's property. He cut the watermarks out and claimed it his own. Assuming the watermarks are copyrights, and because he did not take the photo he technically is not legally allowed to reproduce the photo without the watermarks unless he has permission from the actual owner of the pictures.

A quick search on google:
Section 1202 of the U.S. Copyright Act:
Section 1202. Integrity of copyright management information said:
(b) REMOVAL OR ALTERATION OF COPYRIGHT MANAGEMENT INFORMATION.

No person shall, without the authority of the copyright owner or the law:
(1) intentionally remove or alter any copyright management information . . .
(3) distribute . . . copies of works . . . knowing that copyright management information has been removed or altered without authority of the copyright owner . . . knowing . . . that it will . . . conceal an infringement of any right under this title.

I just submitted a eBay report on him. Can't believe there has been 6 sold thus far. Makes me wonder if everyone has paid full price for them, given that the ones sold are offers that were accepted.

Im thinking he is almost taking any Offers, I see he refused a couple. He isnt stupid, God i hope all those people arent screwed!

Im thinking he is almost taking any Offers, I see he refused a couple. He isnt stupid, God i hope all those people arent screwed!

I bet he ships empty boxes to show he delivered something.

Any offer he accepted over $1000 is easy money for him. Seriously don't understand people paying that much more than MSRP on a card today that will be available tomorrow for hundreds less. Plus, those that buy it through a real store will probably get theirs sooner anyway.

This guy probably is probably going to make an easy $1000-$1500 despite his shady business practices.

Havent seen any from "real" outfits yet (newegg, evga, amazon, etc).

Anyone find them yet?

I don't see the problem here if the seller gets the cards as stated and diverts them to the buyer's address. The seller said they would ship the cards one business day after payment. If you pay with credit card you have nothing to worry about. I don't think the seller deserves the harsh treatment if they provide the cards in a timely manner. People pre-sell products all the time on ebay without specifically stating it. I remember when the playstation 2 came out, it was selling for $1200-1500 on ebay, the Wii systems were way above retail, etc. As long as he gets the cards out on time, who cares if they are in his hands

I'd never buy a new video card from ebay at any price, because I want to make sure my warranty claim states I purchased from a major retailer (much less paying $1600.. or $1000)

You know it's guys like this that make it difficult for the people that buy 10 so they can keep the best 3 for SLI and sell the rest...

:rolleyes:

There are 2 on Amazon for $1499 now, and I think one sold for $1500.00 already.

Plus his 2 seller reviews seem a little off...

"Item was as described. There was problems with the delivery, the seller tracked the package and made sure that it arrived on time."

"Wonderful Seller. Did a great job making sure I was taken care of."

How would the buyer know or care if the seller looked at the tracking number? Wouldn't you just do that yourself? How exactly is a seller "making sure" to take care of you...? To me anyway, it sounds like he just made some fake feedback to get started so he doesn't have 0.

Last edited:
Back