Titanfall - Respawn Entertainment's first game

Was tempted to do just that. But all the P2W stuff and bad posts I've read are stopping me. How is it for someone who will never buy "Premium" or any of the other P2W crap?

You keep repeating "P2W" so often and for things it doesnt even apply to that forgive me but I get the feeling youre just looking for things to gripe "P2W" about.

Try actually playing a game before climbing up on a cross about it.

except for the 7 hour downtime the beta was flawless...no crashes or bugs at all...still undecided on buying the game for $60 on Day 1 but am definitely tempted...too bad AMD or Nvidia isn't sponsoring the game and adding it to their gaming bundles...buying game codes for cheap has become the norm for me over the past year (Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag etc)

except for the 7 hour downtime the beta was flawless...no crashes or bugs at all...still undecided on buying the game for $60 on Day 1 but am definitely tempted...too bad AMD or Nvidia isn't sponsoring the game and adding it to their gaming bundles...buying game codes for cheap has become the norm for me over the past year (Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag etc)

There's multiple sales on Titanfall pre-orders you can get it for $37-43 depending on how moral you want to be.

Greenman gaming had $10 dollar discounts going to registered emails members.

Greenman gaming had $10 dollar discounts going to registered emails members.

How recent was this?

Cheapest I found was $43.
Where did you find it for $37?
FYI, no morality left in me whatsoever :D

I too would like to know where this $37 number came from. I hope it isn't some no-name website selling international keys because I don't gamble like that.

Hes prob talking about vpn/proxy to mexico and buy it through store.origin.com due to favorable exchange rate, but honestly I would wait for this POS to hit $30 or less if you REALLY have to have it.

$20 purchase at MOST for me. Frankly if I never bought it it wouldn't hurt my feelings, though.

Since everyone is talking about getting the game on the cheap at the moment, I'd just like to throw in there that I grabbed a pre-order for the PC Collector's version of the game from a local store for $264.99 including sales tax. I also have the PS3 Collector's version of Dark Souls 2 on preorder for $127.19. Go ahead and berate me, but I'm a sucker for physical collector versions :D.

Since everyone is talking about getting the game on the cheap at the moment, I'd just like to throw in there that I grabbed a pre-order for the PC Collector's version of the game from a local store for $264.99 including sales tax. I also have the PS3 Collector's version of Dark Souls 2 on preorder for $127.19. Go ahead and berate me, but I'm a sucker for physical collector versions :D.

Once of my friends bought the collector's uber edition of everything for a few years. He has some really cool stuff that has eventually ended up in his basement. There are worse hobbies though, the Titanfall statue is cool even if the game ends up being terrible :D

i'm using a VPN to buy my copy from South Korea. all i need to provide is my CC number, DOB, address, and SSN. totally worth it though.

Once of my friends bought the collector's uber edition of everything for a few years. He has some really cool stuff that has eventually ended up in his basement. There are worse hobbies though, the Titanfall statue is cool even if the game ends up being terrible :D
If it's a game I know about and I like what I see in the extras, I'm more than happy to spend the extra green for it. Otherwise I'll just get a digital copy during a Steam Sale :D. But yes, the statue and art book sold me on Titanfall ;).

Physical collectors editions are different. Art books and statues, if you are into that sort of thing, are cool to have.

Christ. Are people really that cheap?

You have no idea. There's a whole slickdeals mentality subculture that absolutely will not buy a game unless its $5 or $1 in a humble bundle no matter how superb the game is. I'm not talking about things going on sale -- who doesn't like a sale - I'm talking about whole 'nuther level. Example back when I posted about Just Cause 2 being $2.99 on steam sale and someone asked "is this the cheapest its been?"

I'll look at a game and if it seems excellent I have no problem with full price on the thing, and I can look at a game like Titanfall and think "that looks like about $30 worth to me" but the health of PC gaming is not really being helped when there's a "AAA title for $1 humble bundle or GTFO" mentality that has become pervasive and you can't reason with these people.

Last edited:
Time to upgrade your SSD. TitanFall is a 21GB download and 48GB installed.

https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/437980161263153152
I like how the original comment was "help me to decide whether to go physical or digital." I was gifted a physical copy of Battlefield 3 Premium Edition and I still had to download the whole damn game from Origin when "installing from the disc"... I also got a physical copy of Bioshock Infinite, and in that case I'm pretty sure it took longer to decrypt the damn thing in Steam than it would have had I just downloaded it :rolleyes:.

I would really like to know what the hell in this game is taking up so much disk space. I feel like at 48GB that it is the game to take up the most disk space thus far. Probably ships with DLC that you have to unlock with an extra $15 each :mad:.

You have no idea. There's a whole slickdeals mentality subculture that absolutely will not buy a game unless its $5 or $1 in a humble bundle no matter how superb the game is. I'm not talking about things going on sale -- who doesn't like a sale - I'm talking about whole 'nuther level. Example back when I posted about Just Cause 2 being $2.99 on steam sale and someone asked "is this the cheapest its been?"

I'll look at a game and if it seems excellent I have no problem with full price on the thing, and I can look at a game like Titanfall and think "that looks like about $30 worth to me" but the health of PC gaming is not really being helped when there's a "AAA title for $1 humble bundle or GTFO" mentality that has become pervasive and you can't reason with these people.

Sounds like pirates that are making a half-assed attempt to go legit but really don't care enough to.

Got an email from GMG saying they have $7 off Titanfall pre-orders if anyone is still looking to buy this.

Sounds like pirates that are making a half-assed attempt to go legit but really don't care enough to.

Some of us just don't enjoy gaming as much anymore. As a result when I do buy games I end up feeling like I threw my money away unless I end up spending a ton of time in it. Even the games I got free with my AMD card I wish I had sold since I barely touched them.

I spend more time these days listening to gaming podcasts than actually gaming.

Some of us just don't enjoy gaming as much anymore. As a result when I do buy games I end up feeling like I threw my money away unless I end up spending a ton of time in it. Even the games I got free with my AMD card I wish I had sold since I barely touched them.

I spend more time these days listening to gaming podcasts than actually gaming.

Yeah, but I mean...if you are contemplating if a well-reviewed game is worth it at less than 5 dollars...

Yeah, but I mean...if you are contemplating if a well-reviewed game is worth it at less than 5 dollars...

But why spend the money if I doubt I will enjoy it regardless of how well reviewed it is or if I know the chance I will play more than a few minutes or even any of it?

I don't have a desire to own a giant library of great steam games I will never play. I got over that when I was building a DVD collection buying various deals that couldn't be passed up. Even now 75% of my movie collection hasn't been opened out of the original cellophane. Many of the movies which I like and bought were less than $5, but they sit on the shelf unopened. I stopped buying well before Blu-Ray because it was a waste. At least with movies I was buying movies I might want to rewatch again some day so I knew I liked them.
I can't say the same thing with games.

You have no idea. There's a whole slickdeals mentality subculture that absolutely will not buy a game unless its $5 or $1 in a humble bundle no matter how superb the game is.
The problem for me is that, whenever I drop $30 on a game, it ends up on sale for $5 before I get around to playing it. So it's hard to justify spending any more than that, at least until I've done something about this backlog...

But why spend the money if I doubt I will enjoy it regardless of how well reviewed it is or if I know the chance I will play more than a few minutes or even any of it?

I don't have a desire to own a giant library of great steam games I will never play. I got over that when I was building a DVD collection buying various deals that couldn't be passed up. Even now 75% of my movie collection hasn't been opened out of the original cellophane. Many of the movies which I like and bought were less than $5, but they sit on the shelf unopened. I stopped buying well before Blu-Ray because it was a waste. At least with movies I was buying movies I might want to rewatch again some day so I knew I liked them.
I can't say the same thing with games.

If you re-read DPI's post that I commented on, I think we are going a bit on a tangent here. We're talking mainly about extreme cheapskates who won't buy a AAA title unless it's like $1 on the Humble Bundle, and complain if it's more than 3 bucks or something. I mean, if you don't think you're going to play it, why bother asking about if it's the "cheapest it's been"? You wouldn't buy it regardless of the price. If you think you might want to take a chance on it...sub-$5 is less than a Starbucks coffee...you're not really losing much, unless you just buy every sub-$5 game regardless.

It's tricky with the pricing because games go down in price so quickly now. I feel burned if I buy a game for $60 and it drops to $30 within months. Also there is no resale value with digital games.

Well I know that the company has to make money but I don't care if they say they spent $10 million on development if the game is junk its junk.
The all powerful $60 is pure crap for a digital game you can't play offline and can't sell.
Then you wonder will they fix, patch anything etc.
And this is becoming the normal now, buy this and it might work, if not just you wait we are working hard to make it work. We are ABC and have a reputation. Sure you do.
If they wonder why people won't buy until its on sale, hell by that time maybe it will work and you get to use it.
Of course by that time everyone has posted 10,000,000 times how suck it is and you don't want it any more.
So most game company's have to rape you the first 2 or 3 weeks before the news gets out.

So you guys think it is worth it to preorder for PC? I keep seeing commercials and it looks pretty awesome.

Just wait a day so if everyone says the game sucks, crashes, and has broken gameplay... you saved $50.

Or preorder directly from Origin, then you can get a refund within 24 hours of launching the game.

So you guys think it is worth it to preorder for PC? I keep seeing commercials and it looks pretty awesome.

Don't buy the hype, the game is not ground breaking nor as innovative as EA/Respawn would have you believe. It really is CoD with mechs, although the formula has been shaken up with the introduction of mechs and parkour movement, and has been developed with the console demographic in mind (auto-aiming pistol, small player counts, no server browser, player match making, limited game modes, etc).

As suggested by ocellaris, if you must pre-order then do it from Origin so that you can test the game for 24 hours and return it under EA's great game guarantee if you are not satisfied.

Just wait a day so if everyone says the game sucks, crashes, and has broken gameplay... you saved $50.

Or preorder directly from Origin, then you can get a refund within 24 hours of launching the game.

I would agree with this. Unless you are getting the game on sale if I was going to preorder it would be Origin only. Of course you only have 24 hours to decide once you launch the game if you want to keep it. There is no bonus or exlusive DLC for preordering so you aren't missing anything by buying later even if it is the week after release.

Personally I am waiting the game out. I want the details they haven't released. The game is due out in 10 days and we still don't officially know a lot about the game. Sure we had the beta with three modes and two maps, but show me the rest. I know neogaf dug it up, but I want the actual details from Respawn. It bothers and worries me a bit that this close to release they are still quiet about everything the game has. I also want to see if they listened to feedback and adjusted the lobbies. I want to see how many PC gamers actually pick the game up to see how well matchmaking does.

Also knowing they more than likely have a season pass planned it will probably be worth it to wait and buy a GOTY edition that includes everything since the season pass will only fracture the matchmaking.

If you're worried.. buy it full price from Origin you can always return it..If you're smart you can pre-order it for $37-$43. If you like cod4 and like sci-fi at all then you'll like Titanfall.

Back