Titanfall - Respawn Entertainment's first game

Well apparently EVERYONE gets a Titan, so it might be kind of stupid with like 20+ people running around in Titans.

it sounds like everyone has the potential to get a titan, and usually do. they can be destroyed and/or hijacked. so it's not like at the 4 minute mark a switch is flipped and everyone gets a titan and it's a titan-only war from that point on.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Titanfall-PC-257364/Specials/Titanfall-PC-Beta-angespielt-1109169/

Unless you speak German use Chrome for autotranslate.

He brings up many of the concerns we have such as 6vs6 felt limited, and he didn't like the grunts because he would rather fight other players.

As stated Respawn by others all 12 people can have their Titans out. I agree though they should have done at least 9vs9 and just limited the Titans to 6vs6 since they destroy fairly quickly from the footage people have posted.

Oh and confirmed it will be matchmaking at launch on PC with the classic COD promise of they will consider rentable servers, server browser, and mod tools post launch.

PC footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9AE1qb4osA

Still not particularly impressed...

Seems a lot more twitch based than I was expecting. Coupled with seemingly low importance on locational damage, or recoil mangement.

*I'm not being negative. Just commenting. This should actually make it feel a bit different from some of the other shooters and shoot keep the pace higher, for the relatively low player count.

**I'm not too impressed with the Titan HUD. It doesn't seem enough like being in a big robot. Just seems like a typical FPS view/gun setup, with a border around the screen.

Seems a lot more twitch based than I was expecting. Coupled with seemingly low importance on locational damage.

*I'm not being negative. Just commenting.

Its from the COD developers though. They are ALL about Twitch shooters. It would be like saying you were surprised by all the Zelda like elements in a game from the former Zelda creators.

Yea, I don't get the hype at all. Must be coming from the Xbox One people with nothing to play lol

Personally, I think it looks pretty fun. *Shrugs.* Everyone has their own tastes in things.

I'm not saying it won't be fun. There haven't been too many shooters released that are truly not fun. I'm sure it'll be enjoyable. It just looks like more of the same with a tiny twist. I wasn't trying to put it down. It just seemed like a lot of hype for a game that is essentially a Call of Duty sequel from the future :D

Well apparently EVERYONE gets a Titan, so it might be kind of stupid with like 20+ people running around in Titans.

And you missed my point, it's not about everyone having a titan all out it's about you got your titan you strategically called it when there are not a lot of titans around you think you will own everything ? in a 20vs20 game ? no you will get owned hard with 5+ people target you from different locations with there RPG's, that's what I meant with they want the titan to feel special like you did something in it.

Those grunts looked completely fucking retarded in that video. If I wanted to run around and murder bots all day i'll play UT with 31 bots on novice. The player had maybe 8 grunt kills for every player kill.

Jack frags posted on reddit at least in the on hands he had the game was locked at 60 FPS. No idea if it will be this way for this beta or if it will stay that way at launch.

Seeing multiple posts on various forums suggesting that Titanfail is locked at 60FPS on PC. You would think that West and Zampella would have learned by now that PC users really don't like it when their games are artificially handicapped in this way.

Wait, this game has no campaign and it's only 6v6? And it's $60? :confused: What am I missing here?

It just goes to show you how much of a vision these guys have. From WWII to a modern setting to a future setting with mechs and the gameplay is exactly the same. :confused:

And they used a really dated engine. It would be absurd if they locked the frame rates at 60. Otherwise they could have gone with something more recent, like UE4/Cryengine 3. Unless Valve is offering Source for dirt cheap.

We'll see with the beta, I know that the alpha they played had limited Textures resolution, I bet the beta will be the same. I registered, I mean will be free gameplay for a while, try the game, I'll probably get destroyed since I'm not very good in twitch shooters lol.

If this game run under 60fps with my setup I'll be baffled, even with un optimized drivers. Might be heavily mod source, but it's still source

I'm not too sure if I'll be too into this game based on what I've seen, but I applied for the beta and we'll see how it goes. I will hold my judgement until I play it.

Also, I don't know why, but this game makes me want BF2142 on the new Frostbite engine BF4 is running. Must be the futuristic type of environment with mechs running around.

Massive console trash cash grab. Writing is on the wall for this one.

Err... not really. This is the only forum I've seen with a negative impression of the game, and this community is relatively tiny.

Err... not really. This is the only forum I've seen with a negative impression of the game, and this community is relatively tiny.

Most PC forums I have seen aren't enthusiastic about the game especially with the news from beta.

60 FPS locked...at least for beta
FOV limited to 90.
No server browser.
No mod support
No recording
No spectator
No private matches at launch
6vs6...people are split on this
No option to play without grunts
etc

Essentially all the features that are expected for the PC and features that have support built into the Source engine.

FPS wise, i've been playing nothing but Battlefield over the last year and half. i'm excited for a fun twitch shooter.

Most PC forums I have seen aren't enthusiastic about the game especially with the news from beta.

FOV limited to 90.
No server browser.
No mod support
No recording
No spectator
etc

Essentially all the features that are expected for the PC and features that have support built into the Source engine.

Dumb question: Wouldn't we/shouldn't we expect certain limitations and things missing like what you listed in a beta vs the final game?

In other words: Is there room for hope that the final would have those issues addressed?

Dumb question: Wouldn't we/shouldn't we expect certain limitations and things missing like what you listed in a beta vs the final game?

In other words: Is there room for hope that the final would have those issues addressed?

If i had to guess, recording, spectator, fps, fov, and no grunts will be patched in within a month.

In theory there is hope things could change between a beta and the final. However in the last 7-8 years I've noticed that "beta" usually means "RC7" and that unless something is full-on broken it's there to stay...at least until the first major patch of updates or the community fixes it.

We would hope, but I would never buy a game based on what might come.

Most of what I posted is based on the youtubers and the responses they got from Respawn at the most recent event they attended.

Er... yeah, really. HardForum is actually pretty large, and most impressions I've seen outside of those from within communities specifically created for fanboys of the game have been on the bad side.

then you havent looked around on too many forums. The concerns are widespread

Dunno if its just the beta but the textures look like ass in this game, also kinda looks like call of duty: mech edition

Dunno if its just the beta but the textures look like ass in this game, also kinda looks like call of duty: mech edition

It's based on the Source engine so I'm guessing that is a limitation.

Also, consoles blah blah blah. :p

I'm fully expecting it to be like CoD: Mech Edition because it's made by the CoD people. Which means I have very little, if any interest in it.

FOV limited to 90.
No server browser.
No mod support
No recording
No spectator
etc

Respawn has said the the FOV will be adjustable in the final game. Now whether or not that means it will max out at 90 or not is entirely unknown.

Back