Titanfall - Respawn Entertainment's first game

any update on when the beta will be available? I'm anxious to try this.

The game is so hyped it may take over 5 years to see that sale price. You'll be lucky to find it under $40 in the next 2 years.

I'll say $10-15 by holidays either during an Origin or Amazon sale. Since this isn't on Steam, the price will drop fast.
It's a MP only game built on the Source engine. I think people are making too much out of this game.

Skyrim was the most price stubborn game for a while but I got that for $10 a year after release.
This game isn't on the level of Skyrim, not even close.

Last edited:
If its an EA game, you can bet there will be a discount. Even Battlefield 3 got a 50% discount I believe during the same year it got released. I believe the hype behind this game is on the level of Skyrim though.

If you pre-order this game, you are retarded and one of the reasons major publishers get away from releasing garbage in the first place. Not much else to say there. You are essentially rolling the dice on +/- $40 to save +/- $10.

So Zampella posted some updates on the "beta":

The beta build is a very recent version (the build just got sent in for cert)

The beta will be a closed beta.

You will need to sign up for the beta (no details on where, but probably their site)

Beta codes will be sent out in waves and they want to get in "as many people as possible".

No dates announced yet.

Thanks for the info Derangel. I'm going to keep an eye out for registering for the beta. I'm in need of a fast paced shooter!

I'll sign up for the beta, given the chance. I do want to try the game but I'll be damned if I pre-order sight unseen.

Vince Zampella confirmed the PC version will have adjustable FoV. So that's one step in the right direction.

So for the first time today I was browsing through the official site and couldn't help but notice that they are actually backing this game up with a universe like the Hammond robotics and stuff and got me thinking, this game will just be a step in it's just scratching the surface, I think Titanfall 2 is what it will all be about they just want the ball to roll with this one, and I'm pretty sure 1 year later we will have Titanfall 2.

Vince Zampella confirmed the PC version will have adjustable FoV. So that's one step in the right direction.

Unless they pull an Activision/Treyarch with it being limited 65-80.

EDIT: On their forums they say the cap will be higher than 80.

Last edited:
So for the first time today I was browsing through the official site and couldn't help but notice that they are actually backing this game up with a universe like the Hammond robotics and stuff and got me thinking, this game will just be a step in it's just scratching the surface, I think Titanfall 2 is what it will all be about they just want the ball to roll with this one, and I'm pretty sure 1 year later we will have Titanfall 2.

They have said it won't be a yearly refresh supposedly.

Of course if it sells like mad on the Xbox One who knows what will happen.

Signed up. I guess we'll see what all the hype is about with this game (or not). :p

registered...will be notified whether I got in sometime before 11:59 PM on 02/17

Titanfall beta on Feb 17th and the rumored release of the Premium Boosters and or Second Assault for BF4 on Feb 18th...EA hates me.

Wait, EA infrastructure can't handle user load? I do not think I've ever seen this before........

Wait, EA infrastructure can't handle user load? I do not think I've ever seen this before........

Zampella mentioned on Twitter before the site went up that he expects the servers won't be able to handle the load. Seems he was right.

Zampella mentioned on Twitter before the site went up that he expects the servers won't be able to handle the load. Seems he was right.

Yeah, and that's a particularly shocking quote, especially in light of the latest hi-pro EA launches. IMO it underscores EA's completely transparent under-funding of capacity because they know we lemmings will buy their crap anyhoo.

Yeah, and that's a particularly shocking quote, especially in light of the latest hi-pro EA launches. IMO it underscores EA's completely transparent under-funding of capacity because they know we lemmings will buy their crap anyhoo.

It's not just EA, it's a problem across the entire game industry. No one ever has enough capacity to handle the load of popular titles. Whether it's something relatively minor like a website not being able to handle things or completely fucked game launches due to servers not working properly for weeks on end.

Titanfall preview....

Visually, at least on first glance, Titanfall seems undercharged for a bona fide next-gen game. However, the excellent art direction does help both stages feel distinct...Animations on loading into a Titan cockpit counts as the biggest stand-out "wow" moment too, and there are enough effects on the go to toe the line with Platinum Games' most frenetic output. But while most of its technical design is built to typically hold at 60fps, it's a little disappointing to find most Titan-on-Titan action gets a bit choppy once the missiles start flying

with controls and map design that are this on-point though, it makes a convincing argument for a long-term plan for the series...and there are still some unknowns....the final release's map count remains something of a mystery, which could affect the value proposition of what's set to be a full-priced game...having played the game at length and seeing the core mechanics unveil themselves, I'm at least confident Respawn knows what it's doing in every other department...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-17-titanfall-preview-you-say-you-want-a-revolution

Animations on loading into a Titan cockpit counts as the biggest stand-out "wow" moment too, and there are enough effects on the go to toe the line with Platinum Games' most frenetic output.

wonder if a quicktime event will really matter after you've seen it 100 times.

Also watching a twitch stream here looks way better than the alpha footage we saw. I'm kind of looking for it a little more now, but I'm still convinced that they went 6v6 so you can experience the Titan and the mechanics more without dying withing the first seconds.

Also watching a twitch stream here looks way better than the alpha footage we saw. I'm kind of looking for it a little more now, but I'm still convinced that they went 6v6 so you can experience the Titan and the mechanics more without dying withing the first seconds.

Well apparently EVERYONE gets a Titan, so it might be kind of stupid with like 20+ people running around in Titans.

Well apparently EVERYONE gets a Titan, so it might be kind of stupid with like 20+ people running around in Titans.

I was hoping for a limited number of Titans...players battling for control would be more fun versus giving everyone a Titan

Back