Titanfall - $29.99

It's decent, pretty forgettable otherwise IMO after the initial honeymoon phase.

didn't Origin have it on sale for the same price a few weeks back as well??...loved the beta but could see myself getting bored after a few weeks

It's pretty awesome. If both my htpc and gaming rig weren't down, I would be playing it every night.
The mulitplayer combat is very fun, the grunt/ai are nice, the 6 v 6 human players actually seems to be a perfect fit for most maps. There were one or two where 8v8 could have been better, but truthfully it's just me being picky. The graphics look really nice, the maps are well designed, the guns and mechs are well designed. If anything, the mech combat alone is worth it.

Well polished, but feels hollow.

A lot were promised to be added after the release, but seeing the sales, I guess the game is done.

for some reason when I played the beta I got headaces every time i played it. never happened to me with any other game.

I liked it, but I got bored of the beta after 4-6 hours. going to wait for a further price drop

Like everyone else is saying, it has zero replay value. While pretty and action packed, it's still very dumbed down combat and mechanics. It's basically a run, jump around, move mouse, click mouse button type deal. Very limited in what you can do. After a few hours, you've basically seen and done it all.

I read an interview from one of the devs and he said they wanted to make a casual mobile game but with the polish of a triple a PC title. Something people could just pickup and play and put right back down again.

They pulled that off and then some .. cause it's exactly that, a simple casual mobile game with very pretty graphics

Overrun with hackers and aimbotters unfortunately. Save your money.

MpW2zFn.png

Not really over run at all... The only people who claim that are usually sore losers IMO.

Considering I had trouble 2 months ago finding servers, I would imagine this game is on its way out.

I'm pretty sure they took care of the hackers. I haven't really noticed anybody "hacking" during my 19 hours of gameplay so far. I'd play more but I'm waiting for the 4790k to complete my new system.

Fun game but it was broken at release and still is too buggy. I sat out for months because of a lack of proper 120Hz support. The PC player base is weak and matchmaking takes too much time. I will give it another try.

Last edited:
Fun game but it was broken at release and still is too buggy. I sat out for months because of a lack of proper 120Hz support. The PC player base is weak and matchmaking takes too much time. I will give it another try.
You can disable vsync in game and it shoots up fps to 144 for me using a single 780. Not sure what you are calling buggy or broken at release. Had a blast with the game. Even reached halfway through Gen 3.

I hate the damn matchmaking system, but other then that it's been alright to play for me. I do like the wall jumping / climbing aspects of it, makes it a quicker/more dynamic pace IMO.

Just keep in mind that those with 120Hz screens have a huge advantage over those with only 60Hz screens in this or any other FPS game. I play FPS games but single player games for this reason.

Just keep in mind that those with 120Hz screens have a huge advantage over those with only 60Hz screens in this or any other FPS game. I play FPS games but single player games for this reason.

No they don't.

120hz is an advantage, not that great though. 120hz plus light boost is a much bigger advantage. However not playing a game because some people have a hardware advantage lol that is just plain silly. Do you also not work because some people have advantages?

120hz is an advantage, not that great though. 120hz plus light boost is a much bigger advantage. However not playing a game because some people have a hardware advantage lol that is just plain silly. Do you also not work because some people have advantages?

60 hz to 120 hz is significant and a huge advantage (I have one). And its not silly because its ruins the game and everyone isnt on an even playing field. I enjoy playing fps games with mouse/kb and I love to play on 144 hz, but I want to get a ps4 because I like the competition. I hate participating in this PC arms race. Ef that, I just want to play.

I should have waited. Bought it for nearly full price and have only played it twice now :(
My 1440p screen will only do 96htz so I guess I'm at a disadvantage lol.

I should have waited. Bought it for nearly full price and have only played it twice now :(
My 1440p screen will only do 96htz so I guess I'm at a disadvantage lol.
IMO there is little difference between 96hz and 120hz for gameplay. My 1440p setup is capable of 120hz but I usually leave it at 96 to give my video card some breathing room.

Also, to me a higher refresh rate causes much less strain on my eyes but I would hardly say it gives an outright advantage.

60 hz to 120 hz is significant and a huge advantage (I have one). And its not silly because its ruins the game and everyone isnt on an even playing field. I enjoy playing fps games with mouse/kb and I love to play on 144 hz, but I want to get a ps4 because I like the competition. I hate participating in this PC arms race. Ef that, I just want to play.

What you say may be true, but with Xbox and Playstation if the game doesn't support dedicated servers (which I think they may now) then you'll run into the problem of "host" advantage. I've played a lot of MW3 with my friends on the xbox 360 and still do every now and then, and when we have host advantage it's insane how different it is. With host advantage you feel like you have extra hp and a lot faster reaction time than your opponent.

IMO there is little difference between 96hz and 120hz for gameplay. My 1440p setup is capable of 120hz but I usually leave it at 96 to give my video card some breathing room.

Also, to me a higher refresh rate causes much less strain on my eyes but I would hardly say it gives an outright advantage.

There is a huge advantage.. People with high refresh rate are at the top of the scoreboard for every game. The top players play with 120/144 hz

What you say may be true, but with Xbox and Playstation if the game doesn't support dedicated servers (which I think they may now) then you'll run into the problem of "host" advantage. I've played a lot of MW3 with my friends on the xbox 360 and still do every now and then, and when we have host advantage it's insane how different it is. With host advantage you feel like you have extra hp and a lot faster reaction time than your opponent.

I am aware of that but its not as bad as going up against someone with a 144 hz (still sucks tho). Consoles come the closest to an even playing field

There is a huge advantage.. People with high refresh rate are at the top of the scoreboard for every game. The top players play with 120/144 hz

Its not near as huge of an advantage as you think.

The top players are not at the top because of their fucking monitors. They bought the monitor because they where already the top players and wanted every advantage they can get. Trust me give them a 60hz monitor and they will still whip your ass.

Its like saying all the top basketball players wear nike so that must be why they are the best.

Your logic is flawed big time.

The solution for all you ofties is save up your pennies and buy a 120Hz monitor. ;)

Back