Titan Quest = Diablo 3

theNoid

Supreme [H]ardness
Go buy it today.

I really don't know what to say guys.. .the demo doesn't do this game justice. I played this game for 7 hours straight yesterday. I havn't done that in probably 2-3 years. In short I am just hooked to this game...

If you are a fan of Diablo 2, you owe it to yourself to buy this game. <--- period

Anyone else got their hands on it yet ? I'm currently building buidling a Ranger, in skill trees Hunting an Nature. I am thinking about starting a new rogue class though, and dual weilding ...

:drool: .. poision daggers, dual weild, charms, and runes ... OH MY!!

BUY THIS GAME!

I was looking for this game yesterday but didn't find it :(

Definitely on my list though!

edit: does it feature real-time weapons change? If not, I might not get it....

I love Diablo and Diablo II but the demo for this game just didnt rub me the right way. It seemed bland. The graphics were nice but something about how the combat felt didnt get my juices flowing so to speak haha. I dunno I guess I should give it another shot

this game ran like crap on my machine... so choppy it gave me headaches just trying to play the demo. anyone else have this sort of problem? I don't have any problems in other games with low fps. Except Oblivion maybe. :)

Here's what I have. Also, I turned the graphics down a bit... Even running at a lower res, it looks like crap on my LCD at 1024x768, I hate non-native.

AMD 3500+ 939pin
XFX 6800gt
Corsair 1gb DDR kit

Slartibartfast said:
I was looking for this game yesterday but didn't find it :(

Definitely on my list though!

edit: does it feature real-time weapons change? If not, I might not get it....

Yep, it has a weapon swap feature.

Cousin Patty said:
I love Diablo and Diablo II but the demo for this game just didnt rub me the right way. It seemed bland. The graphics were nice but something about how the combat felt didnt get my juices flowing so to speak haha. I dunno I guess I should give it another shot

Trust someone who played the demo.. didn't like it but bought the game. The demo is basically the first level of the game. Once you get past that.. the environments, enemies, weapons, LOOT! gets badass... Caves, Dungeons you name it....

Diablo 3 in my book. I got a few guys from work buying it today and we're going to setup a server tonight hopefully. Oh man... there goes my summer. :eek:

98EXL said:
is it made by Blizzard? I played the shit out of DII years ago

No, its Ironlore ... and being published by THQ.

Trust us though, this game is freaking Diablo 3 set in Greek Mythology.

I played the Demo, the graphics are nice but its too similar to Diablo for me. If you loved Diablo and want more you'll be in pig heavan, if your expecting a radical evolution from Diablo you'll be disappointed. I also had minor problems with the frame rate and I have a 7800 GTX SLI setup...

I'm going to pass on this one or at least it will be a budget buy.

mmarsh said:
I also had minor problems with the frame rate and I have a 7800 GTX SLI setup...

Did you create a profile for it or force a global SLI mode? I don't think any of the drivers have a built in profile (although I admit I have avoided the 91.31's)

this game is great. and at max setings it looks beautiful. the problem is it crashes on me every 15 minutes or so.

Per the demo, the game has really good graphics for it's type. The way the shadows bend and stuff over the grass and rocks. Without a dual card profile yet there is plenty of reason for a wee bit of lag at a high res. My CF setup did pretty good assuming it's using one card. Just need support for the dual card. I don't give up just because renaming my exe doesn't do a whole lot. If it was as easy as using AFR all the time, I assume ATi wouldn't be so dog slow in support. :(

Most people loved the demo, so if it gets that much better great!

you won't

i have a question about this game

how is character development? is it lvl + skills + attributes? or does it work off of a system of spells, and levels?

It's level, skills, and attributes. More similar to Diablo than Dungeon Siege.

Rofl-Mic-Lofl said:
Is this game Single player and Multiplayer?

Yup

I run the game at 1920x1200 with everything on just fine. The only slow down I get is when I first enter a cave, but I believe thats a bug since it happens on all settings. The game is buggy though, I have had my saves curropted twice so far... Im restarting the game for a third time already.

How's online play? Much like Diablo 2 (draws you in and you can't stop playing it?).

dj_2004 said:
How's online play? Much like Diablo 2 (draws you in and you can't stop playing it?).

Yep... got 4 guys at my work to go out and buy it today at lunch. We already setup a vent server just for this game. You can setup your own private/password'd server just like D2. Difference is you can take your single player characters online...

To a few posts above me about my drivers .. not sure since I'm at work but they're not the most up to date lol ... I also notice that at times my system slows like 5fps when entering a dungeon.. its the shadows.. if you turn shadows down to medium it completely fixes that.

spent more hours on d2 than anybody has on oblivion...probably. shoudln't download the demo...BUT I AM!

johnnq said:
spent more hours on d2 than anybody has on oblivion...probably. shoudln't download the demo...BUT I AM!

I lost a few thousand hours to D2...

theNoid said:
Difference is you can take your single player characters online...

Cool! but that's what ruined Diablo 1. Making hacked cheat characters and then going online killing everyone. Hopefully they (ironforge) have thought that out.

It has a number of WS options....didn't take a close look because I have a 22" CRT.

Great game.

Rofl-Mic-Lofl said:
I lost a few thousand hours to D2...
I remember being so obsessed with the game, I absolutely HAD to run every character to above level 90, with what was generally considered the best equipment for that class. I did the Sorc a few times to try different tactics. Too many hours :(.

amdmadman said:
Does this game support native WS

Yes and it's absolutely GORGEOUS...

I've been singing the priases of the Titan Quest demo here for a long time. Most of the replies I got were 'Meh, it will suck' or other stupid shit like that.

I tried to tell you guys! This game is awesome, like a breath of fresh air! :D

Yep just finished another 5 hour session :( ;) :D I rerolled a Warfare/Rogue duel wielding Assassin :cool: With good weapons I am just owning huge mobs of guys... I keep getting my ass kicked by this HUGE TROLL boss though.. fuck he is like 25ft tall!

Absolutely addicted and in love with this game already level 9... doh!

diablo claimed almost 4 years of my life, i'll stick to nwn which i can play in hour-segments once a day and be happy w/

Blue Falcon said:
Yes and it's absolutely GORGEOUS...

I've been singing the priases of the Titan Quest demo here for a long time. Most of the replies I got were 'Meh, it will suck' or other stupid shit like that.

I tried to tell you guys! This game is awesome, like a breath of fresh air! :D
Oh, alright, off your high horse there, chap. It's great, and you were right. :D

i just bought titan quest today. so far i love it. it also is crashing on me. i went to the forums and others having same problems. hope a patch out soon. its alot like diablo. i love it. very fun game. have a teleporter to go from town to town and can go back to town to sell stuff. inventory is a bit small but you find bags later to increase how much you can carry.

So any cheats on multiplayer yet? This singleplayer/multi worries me much like Diablo. But maybe [H] can start a clan soon?

Back