Tips on actually getting a 4090?

Only buy shipped by Newegg or Amazon for graphics cards. Everyone else is a scalper.

Falcodrin stream handles this shit and only shows near MSRP availability cards.

Also try Zotac, MSI and ASUS website for deals.

Only buy shipped by Newegg or Amazon for graphics cards. Everyone else is a scalper.
Yep that is the key, only look at the ones "shipped by NewEgg" or "shipped by Amazon". If you look you will see 3rd party scalpers selling on newegg and amazon.

Good to know - I was actually going to bail if normal retailers were actually selling them at those prices. If they DO actually show up at retail, I can play that game.

Yep that is the key, only look at the ones "shipped by NewEgg" or "shipped by Amazon". If you look you will see 3rd party scalpers selling on newegg and amazon.
Shipped and sold by Newegg/Amazon. Plenty of third-party sellers on both keep their inventory in Newegg's or Amazon's warehouse and sell for a premium.

Newegg has the gigabyte Arous model in stock right now.
That went OOS, but the Gigabyte gaming has been in stock for like 30 minutes at least and at one time, 4 4090 models were in stock at the same time on NewEgg. Seems like 4090's show up at NewEgg every day and stick around at least for a few minutes lately.

Good call - I just successfully placed an order on newegg. What a pain in the ass. Do these come with some shitty adapter cable that'll melt so I can plug it into my existing power supply or do I need to buy one of those too? I ordered the GIGABYTE Gaming (GIGABYTE) GeForce RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6X PCI Express 4.0 x16 ATX Video Card GV-N4090GAMING OC-24GD in case it makes any difference.
Huh. I was able to at least get to the checkout with that in my cart. I said "meh, whatever" and closed the window before pulling the trigger, but if it's staying in stock for a whole 15 minutes, I wonder if the shortage of them is maybe easing up a little.

Huh. I was able to at least get to the checkout with that in my cart. I said "meh, whatever" and closed the window before pulling the trigger, but if it's staying in stock for a whole 15 minutes, I wonder if the shortage of them is maybe easing up a little.
yea not sure if newegg got shit load of these or their system is going to cancel a bunch lmao. They had the same model up yesterday for hours. Or may be people are just getting tired and scalpers are staying off 1700+ cards. But I am surprised though the Asus strix still sell out at 1950+ lmao.

Good call - I just successfully placed an order on newegg. What a pain in the ass. Do these come with some shitty adapter cable that'll melt so I can plug it into my existing power supply or do I need to buy one of those too? I ordered the GIGABYTE Gaming (GIGABYTE) GeForce RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6X PCI Express 4.0 x16 ATX Video Card GV-N4090GAMING OC-24GD in case it makes any difference.

I ordered the PCIE 5 cable from Corsair just for the sake of keeping things looking tidy, but you shouldn't need to. If you look at the whole "melting cable" thing, your odds of that are tiny. Per all the YouTube reviewers, just make damn sure the cable is plugged in all the way.

It comes with a 4x 8-pin to 1x 16-pin adapter. There is no risk of melting if you make sure everything is completely plugged in.
yea not sure if newegg got shit load of these or their system is going to cancel a bunch lmao. They had the same model up yesterday for hours. Or may be people are just getting tired and scalpers are staying off 1700+ cards. But I am surprised though the Asus strix still sell out at 1950+ lmao.
For what it's worth, I received a tracking number for mine less than an hour after I ordered.

What I find interesting is that I have been seeing a good amount of 4090 activity on NewEgg, but BestBuy is mostly nothing.

What I find interesting is that I have been seeing a good amount of 4090 activity on NewEgg, but BestBuy is mostly nothing.
Yea same here. BB has been silent a bit. I think they are more in to regional drops now. I see a lot of unavailable nearby crap on their site last week. But nothing huge on their website open to everyone for 4090. They removed the queue from 4080 and 4070 ti and never put a queue on 7900xtx, 7900xtx run out in 10 seconds each drop especailly the reference they had merc yesterday twice for a bit that people could have easily ordered. I think scalpers are hurting right now, they are desperate to make any money. So cards at 1199.99 they are not really touching them.

Only AIB card that is hard to get is sapphire (since it has never had a drop on newegg after close to launch) not one notification and then power color. Scalpers still get that powercolor as that is surprisingly priced at 1049.99 on amazon. But they are trying to sell that for 15-1700 on amazon. Amazon drops them all the time but near impossible to check out. But I don't seen anyone buying from these scalpers at 1400+ lmao. Life must be tough for them. I wanted that actually but can never get it lmao.

Probably why you are seeing the gigabyte 4090 readily available cuz people are probably tired of scalpers unless its FE or The strix or water cooling models. Seems to me like they are backing off some cards and being stuck with them lol.

1673467427579.png

Ok Newegg I didn't really need to know that.

The Gigabyte model even has a "limit 5 per customer" that you can add to cart. To you scalpers - get ready to dump at loss and enjoy your 13% Ebay/PP or 15% restocking fees. :)

I've got a tracking number as well - so far so good. It'll theoretically arrive tomorrow afternoon and I'm taking the day off anyway for an unrelated reason, so will just install it. I should have everything I need then since it includes the adapter.

Last edited:
BB seems to have moved all of their inventory between Christmas and New Year's. It's been a tiny trickle in the week since, probably from people cancelling their orders given how local the drops have been.
Ditto. My tracking number showed up roughly 30 minutes after I ordered. I went with express shipping since it was all of $15, so it should be showing up Friday with any luck.
I spent the extra $8 for 2-day, so mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Newegg usually takes an extra day to process, and I wanted it here by Friday to install over the weekend. I was surprised that it shipped the same day.

Looks like mine should be arriving tomorrow, too. I just got a notification from UPS. My Corsair cable looks to be 2 weeks out, so my case is just gonna be a jumbled mess for a little while.

I was able to get the Gigabyte 4090 off newegg as well for MSRP thanks to this thread. Well, I got the tracking number at least which is promising. 3080ti coming to the FS section soon...

Looks like there are quite a few 3090's for sale on Craigslist in my area. Most are between $800-$900, but one guy has had one up for $700 for a week. Hopefully he's just tough to deal with because I'm not undercutting that!

Umm, the 4090 I bought is about 10lbs.

The newegg label said 10lbs and I can tell you the box it came in was a few oz at most.

Shipping weight was 6.7 pounds according to UPS. Only reference to the card itself I can find is Tom's who says 1990g (4.4 pounds).

Good to know. Been checking BB app daily because I want an FE model but about to abandon that plan.

Mine is installed and now I'm cooking with gas. The cables are pretty sloppily piled on top of things, but they aren't messing with the fans. I didn't install the card "bracer" yet, either. I figure I should have my Corsair 1-cable solution tomorrow and will worry about making it look a little more presentable then.
So far I've only had time to try 2 games. I cranked everything in Cyberpunk to the max (with DLSS set to "quality") and it runs damn well. Over 60fps even in the middle of the neon Chinatown area. I fired up Callisto...and it still sucks :p I'm scoring over 100fps in the benchmark, but it's still a frame pacing mess.

I just ordered one from the Gigabyte Store for MSRP and free shipping. They charged my CC and I got a confirmation email. They do not ship to every state though.

There are Zotac models in stock at a few MicroCenters. I checked Chicago and Cleveland (I think Mayfield Heights) and they have them. There may be other ones that have them as well. Hopefully ones close to you.

Well mine arrive already but it appears my plan to squeeze it into a Meshify C was too ambitious. It is 5mm over the limit but I was hopeful based on some other info I've read online. You might be able to wiggle it in without a CPU cooler and a little trimming up front but it will be extremely tight and no chance with my NH-D15S mounted.

Now to decide on the Meshify 2 compact with 1mm clearance (with front fan installed or 20mm without) or just go big and get the regular Meshify 2 to give plenty of room for airflow. I like the way the compact sits on my desktop now given the size but a little worried about restricted airflow in the compact.

Looks like several 4090 models have been in stock through most the day at NewEgg today including Gigabyte, MSI and Zotac.

Back