Tiny 11

Tiny11 is the original Windows 11 version 22H2 stripped down to the very vitals. The mod requires only 8GB on a drive (stock Windows 11 chews more than 20GB), works on systems with 2GB of RAM, and does not need Trusted Platform Module or Secure Boot. You can even upgrade from Windows 10 to Tiny11.

Yeah I know...another modified windows installation. I find it interesting that MS has not cracked down on these mods yet. I'm waiting for the day when you boot your pc and there is a big red box noting the modified install.

https://www.neowin.net/news/tiny11-...oated-windows-11-for-less-powerful-computers/

Yeah I know...another modified windows installation. I find it interesting that MS has not cracked down on these mods yet. I'm waiting for the day when you boot your pc and there is a big red box noting the modified install.

I know that it seems like a crazy concept given what we have been forced to accept by companies like Google and Apple, but have you ever considered that maybe Microsoft doesn't really care what you do with your Windows install?

That article starts off with some pretty questionable conclusions, which they state as if it were fact.

Article said:
Windows 11 is infamous for steep hardware requirements that make it hard to use the operating system on less powerful computers or devices with older yet still capable hardware. There are many ways to bypass the limitations, but you cannot work around Windows 11's large footprint and tons of, let's put it mildly, unnecessary components. Therefore, installing stock Windows 11 on unsupported hardware might result in a less-than-satisfying experience.

The only "steep hardware requirements" have to do with the requirements for TPM, Secure Boot, UEFI, CPUs that don't have significant vulnerabilities, etc (all of which are easily bypassed). The actual hardware requirements, in terms of performance, really aren't any different than Windows 10. Large footprint? A fresh Windows install uses about 30GB. About the same footprint as a modern version of Android. A 240GB SSD costs about $20 on eBay.

I have put Windows 11 on a LOT older computers. Core 2 Quad-based computers, equally old AMD computers, even Core 2 Duo and Athlon 64 X2 computers. I've even installed it on a Pentium D computer (basically a dual-core Pentium 4). It ran fine on all of them. So why the need to manufacture this lie that it runs bad on older hardware?

What matters in terms of older computers are common-sense upgrades. If your older computer is still running the original 5400rpm 180GB hard drive and 1GB RAM that came with the system, then of course it will run slow. So would Windows 10, Windows 8, or even Windows 7. But bump that up to at least 4GB RAM and an SSD and you'll be good to go in most cases. I don't consider those to be "steep hardware requirements" when those upgrades would probably cost you less than $50 total on eBay.

I ran TinyXP on an original model EeePC. Aloud me to get XP onto that 4GB SSD.
I don't really see the need as much these days unless you are stuck with using a 32/64GB drive.

I know that it seems like a crazy concept given what we have been forced to accept by companies like Google and Apple, but have you ever considered that maybe Microsoft doesn't really care what you do with your Windows install?

This ^ right here...

Whether it is pirated... or a mod type of Windows... Microsoft wins.. .because you are on their platform.

Tiny11 developer gets it to run on a laptop 3050 4gb GPU

Lightweight Windows 11 Runs Entirely in GPU's VRAM​

GPU doubles as a RAM drive

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/l...om&utm_medium=social#xenforo-comments-3806395
A neat gimmick but it probably performs worse than a regular ram disk .

I think this makes a good point.

I don't have much faith in developers who don't have a proper build pipeline or host and release their sketchy ass shit on fucking Mega and Mediafire. Just throwing a random binary in your repo is bad already - but it's obviously been modified in some way which is even worse.

I have even less faith in this dev after looking at the scripts, because they're all 3x as long as they need to be because this person apparently doesn't know what a loop is, and all the versions of shit referenced in the file are hardcoded so now there's 3 files that are 99% the same.

Back