• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Tinkers, just a myth?

Little_Kenny

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 22, 2002
Messages
289
Any still around? Seems like all I'm getting lately are gromacs. Just curious.

Fold On!
90000.gif
 
working on some right now
... all on my p3 boxen though?!?!

*(@#&&^@#$.
 
Isn't Genome working on Tinkers? What if you select gah as your preferred project?
 
My understanding is that the genome tinkers are worth a bit less as far as points go. While I don't mind using the available flags to my advantage I really don't want to go the gah route. Just wondering if anyone else was seeing a serious lack of tinkers.

I'll fold whatever comes anyway. :)

Fold On!
90000.gif
 
Well, I know I went around to all my AMD Boxes and took off the -advmethods tag, just to see that they were all still folding gromacs, errr... Not so much mad that they are still folding gromacs, but rather that it's kinda hard to tell if i took the tag off the right way or not (used a service installer).
 
I been through a spell where I was getting 75% - 100% Tinkers.
Now its the other way around.

p520 to p526 are the G@H Gromacs.
p1000 to p1009 are the G@H Tinkers.
So even doing G@H you are still going to get Gromacs.

Luck......... :D
u=Tigerbiten.gif
 
Mattman said:
Isn't Genome working on Tinkers? What if you select gah as your preferred project?
If you select gah you get "timeless" WU
No turn in time required.
You can do a modified "no-net" by downloading 10 units.
As of the last time I tested them Stan4d had redone the points so the credit was pretty close to that of even the Gromacs on Intel platforms.
So I could sneakernet 4 instances of folding, with 10 Tinker proteins each, load them on a dually 3Ghz machine NOT connected to any net, come back in a week and swap them out, and I was getting about the same points per day per Ghz as my Gromacs machines. Or about 2K per machine per week.
The only downside I've seen is that occasionally they run out of WU to distribute :)
Plus most of my "burn-in machines" have been down for a month :(
 
For a few weeks I only had tinkers, pretty hard to find these days, but they do come around.

Fold on

BillR
 
Just got p937 which is my first DGromac instead.
24:48 hours to fold it at 2.1 Ghz for only 78 points.
Thats only 1.5 points per hour per Ghz.

Luck.......... :D
u=Tigerbiten.gif
 
I was doing Tinkers rather steadily for a little while until around Thursday or Friday when I started to get Gromacs. Since Saturday I don't have much of a clue what has been going on. I was gone a lot of the weekend and when I got back Sunday night, me and my son abruptly moved at 9 PM. :(

So, for now, all I have is a PIII 700 folding. Hopefully I'll get my XP2400+ @2305 to a friend's house soon so it can keep going since there is no room in the apartment with the people me and my son had to move in with. I won't be around my computer more than a few hours a week probably, but at least it will finally be back on cable and won't have to worry about screwing with dialup and schedules anymore. I will end up losing a T-Bird 1.4 though. It may do a bit here and there, but not much. And since I will need every penny I have on getting my own place, there goes my second boxen I was planning.
 
SmokeRngs, sorry to hear that :(

It looks like the TINKER servers have enough WUs (about 12500 for each .143 and .120), but only port 80 and Google clients are assigned to them. So you know what to do ;) :D
 
SmokeRngs said:
I was doing Tinkers rather steadily for a little while until around Thursday or Friday when I started to get Gromacs. Since Saturday I don't have much of a clue what has been going on. I was gone a lot of the weekend and when I got back Sunday night, me and my son abruptly moved at 9 PM. :(

So, for now, all I have is a PIII 700 folding. Hopefully I'll get my XP2400+ @2305 to a friend's house soon so it can keep going since there is no room in the apartment with the people me and my son had to move in with. I won't be around my computer more than a few hours a week probably, but at least it will finally be back on cable and won't have to worry about screwing with dialup and schedules anymore. I will end up losing a T-Bird 1.4 though. It may do a bit here and there, but not much. And since I will need every penny I have on getting my own place, there goes my second boxen I was planning.

The T-Bird is probably lost for the most part but I do have my XP 2400+ running again. And now on CABLE. Yeeee haaaaaw!!!!

At least I have some production going again. Since my system is at my friend's, I may borg his machine which is an XP1800+. Would make up for the lost T-Bird and a bit more. :D
 
They must be still sending them out, I got eight boxen crunching on them when i checked out the farm a few minutes ago. looks like my points will do a radical jump in a couple of days :D
 
My main box has been crunching on Tinkers for a few days now, it's nice. Hopefully it will keep it up. My work box just sent in a Tinker but then again, it takes about a week or so of non-use before it can get a Tinker crunched on a PIII 700. I wish it would grab some of the smaller Gromacs all the time. Even with -advmethods it still grabs a lot of Tinkers it seems. I'm not going to complain too much as long as it's doing something. Should be up on 40 some odd days of uptime now. Don't know what it's doing now since I've been on vacation all this week. It's gonna be a pain going back to work. :( But it's still folding.
 
In the last 2-3 days, I've gotten about 3-4 of those big 400 frame ones... they are worth a lot of points :D One of em got stuck on my laptop (the PII 650 in my sig), it's been on their for atleast a week now, going on 7+ days :eek: Both my AMD MPs got those 400 work units and cranked out one and almost done with the second (would of been done sooner if I didn't play so many games on this thing)


 
Got two in the basement right now, both machines doing about 1400PPW with them. Rock on! Almost doubles my output. Maybe that's how the aussies are doing it.
 
My dual Opterons fold Gromacs about 15% faster than my Athlons in terms of points per hour per Ghz.
2.3 PpHpG with Opterons, 2 PpHpG with Athlons.

I dont see that speed increase with Tinkers.
3.45 PpHpG with Opterons, 3.5 PpHpG with Tinkers.
So they may fold Tinkers around 1% slower.
But still faster than an Intel.

No info on DGromacs yet as I'm not useing the -advmethods flag on any of my boxen.
The one I did folded at 1.5 PpHpG on an Athlon.

Luck....... :D
u=Tigerbiten.gif


Edit. Changed day to hour....
 
Tigerbiten said:
My dual Opterons fold Gromacs about 15% faster than my Athlons in terms of points per day per Ghz.
2.3 PpDpG with Opterons, 2 PpGpG with Athlons.

I dont see that speed increase with Tinkers.
3.45 PpDpG with Opterons, 3.5 PpDpG with Tinkers.
So they may fold Tinkers around 1% slower.
But still faster than an Intel.

No info on DGromacs yet as I'm not useing the -advmethods flag on any of my boxen.
The one I did folded at 1.5 PpDpG on an Athlon.

Luck....... :D
u=Tigerbiten.gif

You do mean something like "Points per Hour per Ghz" don't you ?
'Cuz I've a 3 (or 4) year old 1Ghz Duron, that according to EMIII is churning out about 82 Points per Day on one of those sweet Tinkers
 
Yes.
I did mean PpHpG.
Changed post to get it right.
Dont post after midnight when drunk............

Luck.......... :D
u=Tigerbiten.gif
 
Back
Top