timing is everything...

wol-va-rine

2[H]4U
I called a craigslist ad today and didn't get an answer, then about 10 minutes later while I was in the bathroom he called, I called him back within 2 minutes of the last ring and again, no answer...

I finally got in touch with him a few hours later and he told me that someone had just left his house with the 8800GTX and the 9800GT he had in two separate ads, $50 for the GTX and $75 for the GT, I was also gonna buy both...

:(

Go cry somewhere else.

yes, I am awash with tears, I may just need to end it all...

:D

if I was your age (I would guess 12? 13?) I may have cried, but I'm not, it was obviously disappointing, but I guess I'll just look for the latest and greatest deal somewhere else and some other time...

Those were some pretty nice deals. Oh well...can't win them all I suppose.

Lesson learned: take the phone into the bathroom with you XD

maybe i should check craigslist more

I dunno but 99% of the time my craigslist is full of A. antiques B. posts with virtually 0 information that probably are some junky old computer or part that ends up filed under a or C. someone who knows whats up trying to rip off the rubes to off their old hardware before joe schmoe realizes its not as new and awesome as it sounds just because its the newest thing he's heard of from the trickle down tech media

But there are deals to be had, I got my 15k rpm scsi drive in a box of junk for 50 bucks. And I got the one before it that was even newer for 75 on craigslist as well...

I dunno but 99% of the time my craigslist is full of A. antiques B. posts with virtually 0 information that probably are some junky old computer or part that ends up filed under a or C. someone who knows whats up trying to rip off the rubes to off their old hardware before joe schmoe realizes its not as new and awesome as it sounds just because its the newest thing he's heard of from the trickle down tech media

But there are deals to be had, I got my 15k rpm scsi drive in a box of junk for 50 bucks. And I got the one before it that was even newer for 75 on craigslist as well...

deals so far that I got off craigslist...

- almost 2 years ago...E6600 - $100 (still in main rig)...
- (2x1GB) OCZ Platinum DDR2 800 (brand new and now in main rig) - $10...
- Coolermaster Mystique w/Antec True Power Trio installed (now in main rig) - $40 (I gave the guy a $10 tip for holding it for me)...
- 160GB Dell Raptor (brand new and sealed in package and need I say in main rig...?) - $60...

the deals are there, but like I said, timing is everything, not many people let you call dibs, the almighty dollar gets dibs most of the time...

I AOL'd.
"Awww out loud".

Awww as in "dang!" not the other kind.
I feel your pain though.

yes, I am awash with tears, I may just need to end it all...

:D

if I was your age (I would guess 12? 13?) I may have cried, but I'm not, it was obviously disappointing, but I guess I'll just look for the latest and greatest deal somewhere else and some other time...

12 or 13? lol. I dont want to hear you piss and moan on this forum. Its [H]ard forum not [E]xpress our feelings forum

This thread deserves to get a "The Most Useless Thread of the Year" award! :p

I called a craigslist ad today and didn't get an answer, then about 10 minutes later while I was in the bathroom he called, I called him back within 2 minutes of the last ring and again, no answer...

I finally got in touch with him a few hours later and he told me that someone had just left his house with the 8800GTX and the 9800GT he had in two separate ads, $50 for the GTX and $75 for the GT, I was also gonna buy both...

:(

Time to install a phone in the bathroom, lol.

Ah fuck craigslist, this one guy advertised a BRAND NEW IN BOX 2407WFP-HC for $300, should've known it was too good to be true. But being craigslist and all I though eh what the hell it might be real. He comes over to my house, fuckin turns out to be a refurb, had a very well hidden green refurb sticker on the bottom of the monitor which I assume he was not too clever enough to find and remove in time.

Asshole.

99% of the time you get what you pay for, I wouldn't be surprised if that 9800GTX was fugazi after a couple of days.

[H]adouken;1033686056 said:
Ah fuck craigslist, this one guy advertised a BRAND NEW IN BOX 2407WFP-HC for $300, should've known it was too good to be true. But being craigslist and all I though eh what the hell it might be real. He comes over to my house, fuckin turns out to be a refurb, had a very well hidden green refurb sticker on the bottom of the monitor which I assume he was not too clever enough to find and remove in time.

Asshole.

99% of the time you get what you pay for, I wouldn't be surprised if that 9800GTX was fugazi after a couple of days.

definitely would've wanted to see a receipt for brand new stuff. with brand new stuff, i would never see a reason to sell on craigslist.. so BNIB = sketchy on CL

This whole thread is a bunch of Genmay bullshit... next time you feel the need to whine about something do it there please, thanks.

Back