Time to Upgrade

Zecora

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 28, 2002
Messages
354
I am a gamer and i would like to upgrade my mobo/cpu/ram, i have a brand new watercooling kit i purchase from danger den and would like to o/c my new comp so.

My idea:
2.8c
IC7-max3
1gig pc4000 xms

i have about 750 to spend in the new upgrade.
 
First drop the PC4000 stuff and get PC3200 or PC3500. Be sure and check to find out what brands and chips will run on your board. The MAX3 tends to be a little picky especially around CH-5. Set your divider to 5:4 and keep your timings at least at 2-3-2-5. I would suggest Mushkin PC3200 or PC3500 lvl 1 if others are able to get the CH-5 chips to work find on the MAX3. Otherwise get the Mushkin Special 2-2-2 with BH-6 chips cause i know they will work.

I would also consider uping to a 3.0c instead of a 2.8c cause you'll probably get a higher overclock.
 
why not pc4000?

edit: and switch the cpu to a 3.0c

alot of people told me to use pc4000 or even higher.
 
Back
Top