Time for review before I pull the trigger...

Why did you pick an external hard drive as your only drive??

wondering the same thing.

It looks good, pretty expensive though. I would wait 15-30 days for hopeful price cuts. I know people say eventually ur gonna have to pull the trigger but if I was in the market Id definately wait. Thats just me though.

wondering the same thing.

It looks good, pretty expensive though. I would wait 15-30 days for hopeful price cuts. I know people say eventually ur gonna have to pull the trigger but if I was in the market Id definately wait. Thats just me though.

One thing you might want to do to save a little money is on the memory. A 6600 is 266x9 stock, which means you do not need high dollar memory. 400x9 would get you to 3.6GHz without overclocking your memory at all. If you wanted to save a little you could go with this, http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820231098

Or like another poster said, you could wait a month and save a lot on the processor. But I just got a 6400 a couple of weeks ago being I did not want to wait either, so that is up to you.

Should've mentioned that the hard drive for this system is coming out of my current build (300gb Maxtor). The external is something I've been putting off for way too long.

As far as the price cuts, I've been waiting an eternity and a half for this upgrade, and I haven't touched Shivering Isles too much because I want to get the upgrade in, so I'm gonna pull the trigger this coming Friday. Not to mention, a lot of stuff has been dropping in price over the last week or so.

Should've mentioned that the hard drive for this system is coming out of my current build (300gb Maxtor). The external is something I've been putting off for way too long.

As far as the price cuts, I've been waiting an eternity and a half for this upgrade, and I haven't touched Shivering Isles too much because I want to get the upgrade in, so I'm gonna pull the trigger this coming Friday. Not to mention, a lot of stuff has been dropping in price over the last week or so.

Cool, that makes a lot of sense :)

Enjoy

Back