TigerDirect Clearance on Ebay

I bought several misc cables, a couple of those 2.5" drive enclosures, and a Samsung DVD writer (for $9.99). We'll see what ships. (I kind of wonder how accurate shipments will be, given that the warehouse folks may have already gotten pink slips :eek:.)

If you use Payplal for your purchases on ebay, you have an unfair advantage over the seller. Don't worry about losing your $ using paypal on ebay.

There are still some items listed.
I grabbed this ULTRA HDMI TO DVI-D ADAPTER to run chromecast on an hold TV with working DVI inputs

Then I got this Vidmount VM80T Tilt Mount For 23-42 TVs to mount the old tv in the garage.

Thanks for pointing out all the gems of the sale. Let's hope we get our gear!

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
picked up some microHDMI cables since I always seem to need one for some reason... and some VESA mounts, paid with paypal so lets see :)

If you use Payplal for your purchases on ebay, you have an unfair advantage over the seller. Don't worry about losing your $ using paypal on ebay.

There are still some items listed.
I grabbed this ULTRA HDMI TO DVI-D ADAPTER to run chromecast on an hold TV with working DVI inputs

Keep in mind that most TVs with DVI inputs won't pickup the audio of whatever device you're connecting (ie your Chromecast) if you use an HDMI to DVI adapter.

To those of you getting cheap Thunderbolt cables here, and talking about having a lot of Thunderbolt cable failures, here's an article with interesting advice about how to spot cables that will be vulnerable to early failure, and how to mitigate that somewhat.

Cables aren't "just" cables any more. With hdmi everybody said either it works or it doesn't, which was true for 1080p. But now with these high bandwidth devices its become more apparent which cables are better than others. They aren't as loss/fault tolerant to crappy cables.

My 4k tv really taught me this. I have tons of hdmi cables. All work fine with 1080p. Most of mine however have some sort of issue with 4k 60hz signals. The cheap ones just don't work, the ok ones will blank out every so often. Even the best ones I have will give an occasional blip in the picture.

I get the TD emails... just waiting it out for the real price drops...

Got the email saying parts of my order are on back order, 3x cases and 25ft hdmi cable.

both my lightning cables were shipped out yesterday and in transit now with movement on the shipping board. Woo

Hot diggity dog!

Samsung 840 EVO SSD 250GB $169.99
Radeon R7 120GB SSD $77.41

:rolleyes:

I got a back order notice on patch cables AND I've been added to their email marketing list (even though I did not grant permission to do so). I also don't seem to be able to unsubscribe from it, as they're using the TD list to mail, but using an unsubscribe link that goes back to PCM's database instead, giving me a message that I'm not on their list...

The Lightning cables I ordered shipped today. Still waiting on the Logitech Z313 I ordered two days before the cables to ship though. :/

I got a back order notice on patch cables AND I've been added to their email marketing list (even though I did not grant permission to do so). I also don't seem to be able to unsubscribe from it, as they're using the TD list to mail, but using an unsubscribe link that goes back to PCM's database instead, giving me a message that I'm not on their list...

Yes, you did give them permission to e-mail you.

You purchased something from them.

They have permission to e-mail you for I believe 1 year after a purchase, you can however get off that list.

Obv. I don't have any idea why it doesn't work but that was the law last I recall

Got the first Spike MicroATX case delivered today, second one is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Still no word on the DVI to HDMI dongles...

My Occam's Razor guess on a $360 Titan X is that it's really a Titan and the X was a typo. EVGA B-Stock page has a Titan once in awhile for somewhere between $350 and $400.

Yes, you did give them permission to e-mail you.

You purchased something from them.

They have permission to e-mail you for I believe 1 year after a purchase, you can however get off that list.

Obv. I don't have any idea why it doesn't work but that was the law last I recall

They have permission for transactional messages related to the business that I have done with them, but they did not get permission for commercial messages. Their spam-list is considered to be commercial email -

CAN SPAM Act Commercial Email Summary said:
A fundamental concept of the CAN-SPAM Act is that the sender may not transmit commercial e-mail to a recipient until that recipient has given affirmative consent that they are willing to receive e-mail from that specific sender. Under the Act, there are three ways that a recipient can indicate affirmative consent:
◾The recipient may, of their own initiative, request commercial e-mail messages from the sender.
◾The recipient may give affirmative consent in response to a clear request from the sender. An example of this might be an option on the sender’s Web site that says “Sign me up to receive e-mail from us about additional products and services.” The Act emphasizes that the sender’s request must be “clear and conspicuous”: in other words, it must be obvious to the recipient that they are requesting to receive commercial e-mail from the sender.
◾The sender may not distribute the recipient’s e-mail address to another party (who would also send commercial e-mail to the recipient) unless the recipient has given affirmative consent to this effect.

Also, by not having a functional opt-out process, they're also violating the law...

CAN SPAM Opt Out Requirements Summary said:
A recipient must be allowed to opt-out of receiving future commercial e-mail from the sender. Further, the sender’s commercial e-mail message must include a clearly marked mechanism that the recipient can use to decline further e-mail. This opt out mechanism must:
◾Be included in the commercial e-mail message.
◾Enable the recipient to opt-out by sending a reply e-mail or using some other Internet-based system (such as going to the sender’s Web site).
◾Be fully functional for 30 days after the commercial e-mail is sent.

The sender must stop transmitting commercial e-mail to the recipient within 10 business days of receiving an opt-out request. Further, it is illegal for the sender to “sell, lease, exchange, or otherwise transfer” to another party the e-mail address of a recipient who has declined to receive further e-mail from the sender.

Sounds like a class act...I am also tired of receiving the emails. Maybe they'll stop once they go OOB. :p

Sounds like a class act...I am also tired of receiving the emails. Maybe they'll stop once they go OOB. :p

That, or a script on an abandoned server will continue to send them until, 33 years from now, an underpaid IT grunt pulls the plug on that ancient hulk in the corner that nobody knows what it does.

purchased a couple external enclosures and some memory several days ago... no shipment notification yet :rolleyes:

Keep in mind that most TVs with DVI inputs won't pickup the audio of whatever device you're connecting (ie your Chromecast) if you use an HDMI to DVI adapter.

GDDAMN You're right! ::facepalm:: Guess I'll just have to kiss that $1.39 good bye.

Last night I bought a couple of Bitfenix cases for like $14 each shipped...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cougar-Spik...ve-Bays-1-x-/351630535506?hash=item51ded02b52

So these are long gone and out of stock like most everything else, but I'm curious -
Did anyone else here pick up any of these cases?

I got one delivered yesterday with another on the way and scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

I just opened up the one I have and I have to admit I'm a little impressed and definitely satisfied for $14 shipped:

• All black powder coated paint job including the interior
  • All fan mounting positions are 120mm and well ventilated - 1x rear, 1x front, 2x side panel (1 fan included at the rear position)
  • Thumbscrews for both side panels
  • Front USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports (1 each)
  • Fairly attractive 'aggressive' front bezel reminiscent of Cooler Master cases

I suppose my only complaint is the USB port situation - there is only 1 of each port type instead of two.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a cheap flimsy case but definitely seems better than the cheapest Antec cases like the VSK3xxx and 4xxxx.

I can snap some pictures if anyone's curious. ;)

Yeah those cases dropped to $10 before they sold out.

Regret not buying one but most of my mobos are regular atx

Also snagged a small 550va APC UPS. I use this for modem and router backup for certain people. About $20 cheaper than normal. It checked out with free shipping otherwise it probably would have been a so so deal.

$35
http://www.ebay.com/itm/351537229699

I just bought 2 ....lets see if they actually ship them.

Well, I just got a back order notice on both of the APC's....

Due to an unusually large response, we are temporarily out of stock on the item(s) listed below. Additional quantities are on order and we expect them soon. Your order will receive priority upon receipt in our warehouse and we expect to be able to ship your order very soon. We are very sorry for the delay and assure you that we are making every effort to speed your order to you. If you would like to cancel or substitute your item please give us a call at 1-800-800-8300.

You can track your order 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at our online order tracking center for shipping updates. Thanks again for shopping with us. We appreciate your business and will do everything possible to ensure your 100% satisfaction.

Additional quantities coming on a clearance item? Interesting...

I was eyeing the 1500VA APC they had, but decided not to get it.

Additional quantities coming on a clearance item? Interesting...

Yeah, that was my thought as well....I'm prepared for the fact that I may not get anything....

Oh well, it will be nice if I do, but no big deal if I dont

I actually got my novatouch for $115 shipped. It's not particular cheap but I was in the market for a Topre keyboard and retail is 160. Everything looked brand new to included the sealed tape but when I looked at the back of the keyboard, there was some finger prints. Everything else was perfect.

5 of the 6 things I ordered have shipped, 1 package arrives today and the other box with the 4 smaller things arrives tomorrow.

One of the TV mounts is probably not available, bought 3 different ones and the invoice shows 2.

tiger-direct.jpg

Last edited:
Back