TigerDirect 13.2% Bing Cash Back, GTX 460 768MB = $173, 1GB = $208 and other deals

pxc

Extremely [H]
Go to http://cashback.bing.com/ (sign up first if you need to) and search for tigerdirect in the top search box. A sponsored site result with the 13.2% cash back link should show up. Click it and locate what you want.

The lowest cost 768MB GTX 460 is the EVGA model for $199.99 - $26.40 = $173.59ABCB

The only 1GB GTX 460 I see is the Galaxy GC (slightly factory overclocked) model for $239.99 - $31.68 = $208.32ABCB

IMO the GTX 460 768MB is smoking hot at that price and the 1GB version is a good deal.

13.2% cash back works on other items too, so look up what you want to see if it's a deal. The Visiontek HD 5850 is $251 ABCB, for example.

Shipping is free for orders over $100 (up to 25 lbs IIRC).

Not a bad deal.

Just an FYI: For linux users there are NO 460 drivers on the NVIDIA website.

Holy smokes, nice find considering the card just came out. Been checking benchmarks and this thing looks pretty potent...nVidia finally doing good on DX11. This thing should just replace the travesty that is the 465 all together.

Now Nvidia just needs to update their PhysX code.

How is Galaxy as far as a brand goes? Always used EVGA for Nvidia products (wish they had a 1GB version on TD).

Thanks! I was looking for deals on this card. Just ordered one. The cashback shows up on my account as pending :)

How is Galaxy as far as a brand goes? Always used EVGA for Nvidia products (wish they had a 1GB version on TD).

Galaxy has been around for many years, but they sold low end cards. They have a rep on these boards and I believe Kyle has contact with them. This makes me feel confident in obtaining any support for their products.

Galaxy has been around for many years, but they sold low end cards. They have a rep on these boards and I believe Kyle has contact with them. This makes me feel confident in obtaining any support for their products.

Yep, we have direct contact with Galaxy and can reach out to them quickly if our readers need help.

I've had five Galaxy cards over several generations (running two Galaxy 480s now) and have never had a problem save on a 1 1/2 year old 7900 GTX which they replaced quickly. Bonus that their card art designs are usually pretty cool and understated as opposed to the Mang-abominations on most cards :)

In for one EVGA $199 version. I had to use IE to get bing to work correctly. In FF I could not get tiger direct promotion to show up.

Now, who to sell my 260 to?!?

from the Hardocp review, I am concerned about the galaxy card really getting super hot when overclocked. It went up in the 90's while the stock cooler was in the 70's.

Oh god, jumping on the 1gb is becoming increasingly tempting. Holding out for price drops on the 5850 is becoming unbearable.

Having a sizable gift certificate for TD doesn't help.

EVGA 1GB External Exhaust looks tempting, but they are not available yet. Don't know why evga is behin in the launch of 1gb. I guess Palit and Galaxy design their own cards so they have sort of an advantage there in making the 1gb ready early. Zotac has the same design too but I don't see them anywhere either.

Awesome price on the 768 version. It's close to the 5770.

No complaints on my Galaxy 470 GTX but remember, they do not cover overclocking. It will void your Galaxy card's warranty.

Awesome price on the 768 version. It's close to the 5770.

No complaints on my Galaxy 470 GTX but remember, they do not cover overclocking. It will void your Galaxy card's warranty.

Ahh damn, thanks for pointing that out. I find it funny they have on their website 'overclockers dream' when promoting the gtx 460, but they don't cover OC'ing? Guess I will cancel the order and hold out for EVGA to release their 1GB version.

Are you guys really bothered by the overclocking warranty, if you are doing software overclocking. A company is never going to find out you overclocked the card, unless ofcourse you tell them. Gtx 460's don't even support software over volting so you can't even mess with that part.

Are you guys really bothered by the overclocking warranty, if you are doing software overclocking. A company is never going to find out you overclocked the card, unless ofcourse you tell them. Gtx 460's don't even support software over volting so you can't even mess with that part.

I am pretty sure they can find out if a card was overclocked. Unless someone can prove manufactures can not find out without you telling them. Maybe Kyle, Brent, or Mark can step in.

EVGA Card is -TR, meaning 2 year warranty.

$10 more for Superclocked

$20 more for the Lifetime Warranty, Superclocked

No lifetime vanilla?

I'm getting dizzy with all of their part number/warranty tricks on this release.

I couldn't resist. Hit up on the 1 gig version.

So long 3870, it's been a good run!

In for one EVGA $199 version. I had to use IE to get bing to work correctly. In FF I could not get tiger direct promotion to show up.

Now, who to sell my 260 to?!?

probably ad blocker.

Also, I had to search on "Tiger Direct" as two words for the 13.2 to come up.

Dang. In the middle of moving and don't want a shipping fiasco. I also won't have time to shake out the card.

The 13.2% cashback link isn't showing up for me. I'm logged in, I'm on cashback.bing.com, I typed in tigerdirect and no link. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: Used Firefox and disabled adblock and it worked. Nevermind.

Last edited:
Well, I got in for the Galaxy 1GB with 13.2% cashback for a grand total ABCB of $208.31. Great deal in my opinion. I'll SLI it later when it's even cheaper.

Good news is that AMD will likely cut prices a bit, and NVIDIA will be forced to follow at the GTX 470 and 480 range. Price/ performance/ power consumption wise (especially since a lot of multi-monitor NVIDIA setups need a second card in SLI anyway) the higher-end cards have pricing in the untenable range. I was in the market for a GTX 480, but I couldn't imagine not getting 2x EVGA Superclocked 1GB 460's for <$400. Similar power consumption, significantly higher speeds, and a significantly lower price.

One pair of stock-overclocked 810mhz core/4000mhz 256-bit memory 1GB GTX 460 cards coming in for $450 shipped after Bing CashBack :D for an SLI setup.

:cool: TD finally added the 810MHz core GTX 460 1GB. I'm not changing my order. The 700MHz one for $18 less is fine.

13.2% is gone for "tigerdirect" but still works for "tiger direct". Read the posts above about ABP if you're using FF.

13.2% is gone for "tigerdirect" but still works for "tiger direct". Read the posts above about ABP if you're using FF.

Haha, I just tried that, and Tiger" "Direct does still work, got in for a 1GB 460 with 13.2% off :D

PPD here I come

-SR

:cool: TD finally added the 810MHz core GTX 460 1GB. I'm not changing my order. The 700MHz one for $18 less is fine.

I probably should have saved the cash and gone for the 700mhz 1GB one :p. Oh well, ;).

I bit on 2.....looking forward to the big increase in my ppd. Went with the 768mb....$35 each was too much to justify for the small increase in performance. Folding shouldn't really be affected by the difference, and by the time I notice or care about the loss in performance in games, i'll be looking at getting a new card anyways.

I can't seem to find any 460's on BCB. Anyone have a link?

EDIT - nevermind, I'm an idiot. I figured it out.

Back