Thymesia: Memory Frontier

Well if there's one thing the Chinese are good at it's superficial copying - even the font looks like a Soulsborne game!
I hope this plays as well (ie. just like Soulsborne) as it looks. Western studios couldn't figure it out, maybe the Chinese will.

Souls Clone I suppose dressing up as a Plague Doctor is the latest trend.

There will be a demo available today through May 9, and the game's new release date is August 9.

https://nitter.actionsack.com/OverBorderGames/status/1520056659334373378
1651500455130.png

There will be a demo available today through May 9, and the game's new release date is August 9...

has potential...they should tone down the particle effects and weapon swing effects which are a bit distracting

Anyone else had performance issues? Frame rate was good but there were random hiccups every time I rotated the screen too fast. I turned off motion blur and still had that issue. Shouldn't happen on a RTX 3080. Gameplay also felt stiff and not as responsive as I'd like. I think this is a pass for me.

I forgot about this game...reviews dropped today and they are pretty solid...

Thymesia isn’t shy about its influences, an admittance that helps and harms the title when inevitably compared to its legendary brethren. But any Soulslike fan who is willing to look past the budgetary shortcomings will find this modest monster masher a fine way to spend a gloomy weekend. While Thymesia is certainly lacking in some key departments, the solid control, satisfying combat, moody atmosphere, and compelling challenge are still well worth crowing about...

https://www.destructoid.com/reviews/thymesia-review-team-17-soulslike-action-rpg-goth-adventure/

Thymesia Review

The game's fast combat works exceedingly well, finding the same tough-but-rewarding cadence of both Sekiro and Bloodborne...Boss fights are where the best elements of Thymesia's combat come together with inventive enemy designs, a group that feels like a Soulsborne greatest hits record...as in Soulsborne games, levels are huge affairs with multiple paths that circle back and forth on each other, allowing you to find shortcuts to reach different sections over and over again

At 10 hours, Thymesia is short enough that it doesn't overstay its welcome. You wind up feeling more like a general badass than a vastly overpowered killing machine for the most part, and the game's great ideas culminate in some intense, memorable boss fights...while a few elements of the overall experience don't gel, Thymesia understands what matters most about its inspirations, while adding a few spins of its own to create a small, smart, and rewarding Souls-like experience...

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/thymesia-review-hunter-homage/1900-6417937/

Seems pretty cool and I don't mind the shorter length if the cost isn't too high. That's the real catch - the only pricing I can find is for the PS5 disk ($29). That seems fair, but it's a little weird that there's no pricing for any other versions listed. I figure I'll watch for more reviews related to PC performance and I may snatch it up after finishing Spider-Man.

$29.99 would be a fair price for the PC version...weird that both Steam and GoG have the game listed but with no pre-order available

Bloodborne substitute for those who couldn't find a Hard Copy.

Last edited:
WOW the game is out today going to watch for reviews I thought it is one of those games down the pipeline the game isn't full price either.

Last edited:
the game is available now on Steam at a special introductory price of $22.49 (through August 25th)...regular price is $24.99...pretty good price...I was expecting $29.99...good to see a developer actually pricing their game at a fair price...

Seems like the Bloodborne equivalent of Mortal Shell, but with way less flexibility with weapon choices. $22.50 isn't a bad price, though. I'll probably buy it so I have something to play after Spider-Man.

Combat and moving around felt clunky in the demo. Did they fix that or what was in the demo is what's in the final game?

He's the most annoying guy on Youtube so yeah. I have more Faith in Steel Rising.

Going to try this game anyway looked a video some of the bosses just the 1st boss with the Top Hat looks pretty Epic reviews have me swayed too and the price.

20220901145028_1.jpg

20220901144947_1.jpg
20220901144755_1.jpg

This game is Hot really like the colors and mood music and sound is nice.
I thought maybe it would be too Dark on my monitor from the screenshots but they give you plenty of options for Gamma.

I wonder how much of your usage data is given over to the CCP.

I know I sound a lot like 80's era boomers talking about "them commies" but remember every Chinese company is part-owned by the CCP, and thus the CCP has legal access to all aspects of it: data and all. such a shame, because there are a lot of talented folks over there.

1st Boss has me lol I got to the 2nd stage and gave up after a dozen tries at level 12.
I wasn't sure at first how the game was played you attack with your regular weapon then the green bar shows up on the health meter
you use your claws or whatever you have to extract the green to give you more plague or mana.

20220902163732_1.jpg

Took me about 30 tries beat the 1st boss was having trouble with his speed on 2nd stage so looked up tutorial on Youtube guy just deflected all his fast stuff. Which leaves him open then you can extract Plague from him to drop a hammer on him.

20220902164655_1.jpg

2nd Area stuff hits hard area looks like something out of a MMO.

Beat the 2nd Boss that was alot of fun more fun than I had in Elden Ring even this game is like Bloodborne but what Bloodborne couldn't do right.
Only 35% of the people beat the 2nd Boss he was pretty easy just wanted to cheese him used the shield which was upgraded fully.
The time window for attacks is slower than Sekiro more forgiving.

Thymesia is currently on sale on Steam (until August 14th) for $16.74...I was thinking about picking this up but it seems like the developer has abandoned the game...the game only received 1 major patch (and one minor one) 2 months after launch...that's it, no other fixes and it's been 14 months since launch...the game looks pretty decent but I don't like supporting games where the developer seems to have abandoned its player base

Thymesia is currently on sale on Steam (until August 14th) for $16.74...I was thinking about picking this up but it seems like the developer has abandoned the game...the game only received 1 major patch (and one minor one) 2 months after launch...that's it, no other fixes and it's been 14 months since launch...the game looks pretty decent but I don't like supporting games where the developer seems to have abandoned its player base
If it's working well what is there to not "abandon" with it or the player base? Not every game needs tons of ongoing support.

If it's working well what is there to not "abandon" with it or the player base? Not every game needs tons of ongoing support.

I find it hard to believe that a small indie studio of 7 developers released a game that only required 1 major patch...

Back