Steven Chell
n00b
- Joined
- Nov 10, 2008
- Messages
- 26
Hey everyone,
I recently built my sister a computer (so she didn't kick me off in the middle of gaming sessions) but it seems that she is still doing it. I have no idea what she does, but whatever it is she manages to steal a crapton of my bandwidth. My ping goes from 85 to well over 500 at times. She does not torrent and as far as I know isn't downloading massive files. Regardless, my ping shouldn't EVER go that high. We're on a crappy DSL connection, so our modem/router deal is a piece of shit and doesn't have any options (it can hardly port forward).
I want to know if there is a way to throttle her bandwidth back via software. I'm willing to sneak into her room and install something because its getting on my nerves, especially during scrims and such. She's on Vista Premium 32-bit; Google hasn't been of too much help. Also, if there is a way via software, how much should I throttle it back?
I recently built my sister a computer (so she didn't kick me off in the middle of gaming sessions) but it seems that she is still doing it. I have no idea what she does, but whatever it is she manages to steal a crapton of my bandwidth. My ping goes from 85 to well over 500 at times. She does not torrent and as far as I know isn't downloading massive files. Regardless, my ping shouldn't EVER go that high. We're on a crappy DSL connection, so our modem/router deal is a piece of shit and doesn't have any options (it can hardly port forward).
I want to know if there is a way to throttle her bandwidth back via software. I'm willing to sneak into her room and install something because its getting on my nerves, especially during scrims and such. She's on Vista Premium 32-bit; Google hasn't been of too much help. Also, if there is a way via software, how much should I throttle it back?