Thrift store find thread.

Those old Dell 19" monitors are great for using on a retro system OR for using for VGA for old consoles such as the Dreamcast or with a converter box.

The scaling chip in them works really good for an LCD monitor. Not all blurry like a lot of them.

I currently have 3 of them.
They are also good for troubleshooting....27" monitor aint easy to carry around.....a 19" is.

I found a matching set of three Dell 19" monitors for $10 each. Not great monitors (TN, about 8 years old, 1907FP models I think), but two of them fit well in portrait mode on either side of my 27" IPS and give me more room to work.

Would love to see them set up.

Found a pair of 1970s Pioneer SE-505 headphones with part of the original case and the paperwork for a whopping $1.99 today.

After cleaning the volume/tone pots, they seem to work really well although they do take a lot of power to drive as they have a rather large woofer(45mm) and a tweeter(32mm) for each ear.

Specifications (se 505):
- Mylar Cone Drivers (45mm woofer cone, 32mm tweeter cone)
- Matching impedance 4-16 ohm
- Impedance 8 ohm
- Frequency response 20 hz - 20 khz
- Max input / channel 500 mw
- sound pressure level 108db / 0.3 V
- weight 690g (!)

I might end up modding them to get better sound out of them, but they are pretty nice as is although it seems like the volume pots seem to not make them get any louder much past the place where they first are able to be heard,
and the tone pots seem to not have much of a noticeable range. It could just be my receiver though.

Model M - $3
Model M2 - $3
Linksys WET54G - $1

Got some used steeltoe Dr Martens for $10
Wife got a purse for $5. Found $47 in a side pocket.
Got a $100 coffee maker, still had the cling wrap on it, for $15.

and shirts, I consistently find what would be $50 to $100 shirts in the thrift store, so I pick up a lot of shirts there for $3 and take them to my tailor.

My latest finds were a Netgear wireless extender $8
A tower fm antenna amp $3
A Taylor burner bubble driver in great condition $2 (I am crushing the ball with this bad boy )
A callaway big bomber 3 wood with graphite shaft (also awesomr) $3
And a nice Ping 5 wood. $2

Lots of great finds lately...

This guy goes thrifting all the time. LGR = Lazy Game Reviews. Pretty good stuff.

This guy goes thrifting all the time. LGR = Lazy Game Reviews. Pretty good stuff.

There are pretty much never any video games worth buying at the thrift stores around here... and if you do find something worth buying, it is usually in a "thrift" store that actually looks stuff up and prices them so high it is not worth buying them.

Back