Three YouTube Stars Fall to Their Deaths at Waterfall in Canada

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Ryker Gamble, Alexey Lyakh, and Megan Scraper, members of YouTube extreme travel channel High on Life, died at a waterfall in Canada when they “slipped and fell into a pool 30 meters below.” The trio was known for their daredevil activities at waterfalls, cliffs, and other exotic, hard-to-reach locations, but it isn’t clear whether they were making a video during this incident. Thanks cageymaru.

Last year Gamble, Lyakh and Justis Price Brown, another member of the collective, were banned from US federal land for five years after pleading guilty to walking on a sensitive hot spring in Yellowstone national park and other crimes at parks across the western US. Gamble and Lyakh served seven days in jail.

I don't think they "slipped and fell." Normally three people don't "slip and fall" all at the same time barring an avalanche or something. I'm guessing it was a stunt with all 3 at once that ended hardcore stupid.

This waterfall is the type that zigzags down sharp rocks, with small pools every so often, the current being very strong and fast too. The trio were apparently walking on the rocks uptop when the girl slipped and fell, she was probably dead by the time she got to the 1st pool. The two guys jumped in to try and save her, again they probably died almost immediately after jumping in.

So stake your own life fooling around to get hits on your videos and then you want sympathy when someone gets hurt or die? Fuck that shit.

Female fell into the water and the guys tried to save her.

Historically why women were not combat soldiers.

Yup, men are evolutionary hardwired to save the female at any cost, even if it means your own life.

This waterfall is the type that zigzags down sharp rocks, with small pools every so often, the current being very strong and fast too. The trio were apparently walking on the rocks uptop when the girl slipped and fell, she was probably dead by the time she got to the 1st pool. The two guys jumped in to try and save her, again they probably died almost immediately after jumping in.
Were the bodies beat to hell by the rocks?

2344645_0.jpg

YouTube, ultimate edition.​

Just because you pussies are afraid to do anything more exciting than stand in 1 foot of water less than 30 minutes after eating let’s all applaud your choice of being a fucking pussy celebrating somebody enjoying doing things and dying because of it.

Did I hurt your feelings? A woman dies during what sounds to be a normal swim gone wrong. And what is the reaction of everyone? good fuck that bitch she should have died trying to swim. Yes the three make videos, but this didn’t sound like they were filming at the time. Sounds like they were just swimming and things didn’t go as planned.

I've been there. I actually climbed, on about 10 hits of very good mescaline, a good part of the front of the falls, from the bottom. A fairly safe endevour really.

They were up top and fell in a pool. The pools just drain into each other, with immense force, and anything that falls in gets pounded. The slickrock surrounding those pools is deceptive and much more slippery than it appears. They really should put up more warnings.

Just because you pussies are afraid to do anything more exciting than stand in 1 foot of water less than 30 minutes after eating let’s all applaud your choice of being a fucking pussy celebrating somebody enjoying doing things and dying because of it.
As a Canadian who lives near and goes to the mountains very frequently let me say, fuck you they probably had it coming. You have no idea how many inconsiderate, stupid tourists blatantly disregard every warning so they can get that extra cool view or picture regardless of the risk they put themselves and other into not to mention the damage they cause to the area by going off path.

Ya it sucks they died but if you expect me to feel bad for them then you will be waiting a while. I want these areas to last so my kids can enjoy them when they grow up and assholes like this are happy to ruin it for a few views. Unless you can give me some proof they were on a marked approved path and something just went wrong then the amount of fucks I give = 0

Did I hurt your feelings? A woman dies during what sounds to be a normal swim gone wrong. And what is the reaction of everyone? good fuck that bitch she should have died trying to swim. Yes the three make videos, but this didn’t sound like they were filming at the time. Sounds like they were just swimming and things didn’t go as planned.

A normal swim typically does not involve a waterfall, fast/heavy current, and large rocks. These clowns were thrill seekers and did stupid shit all the time in order to gain views on YouTube. Go back and watch the first video posted in this thread. These weren't innocents, they were idiots that often placed themselves in danger, trespassed, and filmed their questionable stunts for attention. Lady Luck just happened to be hitchhiking this day and got picked up by Darwin.

Id rather be dead and have lived a good life full of adventure, than be alive and live a bad sedantry and dull life. Kudos to them for taking risks even if it killed them. Everyone dies eventually but not everyones lives fully.

Id rather be dead and have lived a good life full of adventure, than be alive and live a bad sedantry and dull life. Kudos to them for taking risks even if it killed them. Everyone dies eventually but not everyones lives fully.

Nothing wrong with a good life full of adventure, it's the "hey, let's go climbing/swimming at the top of this 30 meter waterfall" type decisions that are the incompatible bit when it comes to actually living to experience "a good life". There is this fine line between "adventure" and "stupidity" here... and it was crossed.

A normal swim typically does not involve a waterfall, fast/heavy current, and large rocks. These clowns were thrill seekers and did stupid shit all the time in order to gain views on YouTube. Go back and watch the first video posted in this thread. These weren't innocents, they were idiots that often placed themselves in danger, trespassed, and filmed their questionable stunts for attention. Lady Luck just happened to be hitchhiking this day and got picked up by Darwin.

This sounds my childhood and that of most of my friends minus the Youtube ...thankfully there were no phone cameras nor any no social media back then ....our stupidity stayed within our group...:cool:

As a Canadian who lives near and goes to the mountains very frequently let me say, fuck you they probably had it coming. You have no idea how many inconsiderate, stupid tourists blatantly disregard every warning so they can get that extra cool view or picture regardless of the risk they put themselves and other into not to mention the damage they cause to the area by going off path.

Ya it sucks they died but if you expect me to feel bad for them then you will be waiting a while. I want these areas to last so my kids can enjoy them when they grow up and assholes like this are happy to ruin it for a few views. Unless you can give me some proof they were on a marked approved path and something just went wrong then the amount of fucks I give = 0

You mean like a dumb ass 25 year old that ignored warning about a cave and took a bunch of 11 years old boys into it? Stupid people like that which ignore warning to do something cool?

I am not saying that you should personally care if they die or not. Personally if somebody killed you and your family tonight. or the family of anyone on here. I couldn't care less. Just like if all those boys in the cave die, won't matter to me. However feeling bad and understanding that some people enjoy doing things that the rest of us might find crazy are two different things. Some people enjoy bungie jumping, some enjoy sky diving, some enjoy flying with wing suits, some enjoy jet skis in the ocean, some enjoy scuba diving, some enjoy rock climbing.... I can go on and on. All of those things have some type of danger to them, but that doesn't mean that just because somebody enjoys them that there is something wrong with them to start with.

At least here in the USA regardless what you're heavily into, it must be SAFE and SECURE

Back