Threadripper 3 (3960X) & Win 7 work around?

Hi there, I'm new to the forum. I asked this question on another thread but thought it might be a good idea to start a new one.

I built a machine with a 3960X, the program we built the computer for needs windows 7, I installed windows 10 thinking that I could select windows 7 in compatibility mode under properties but this proved unsuccessful.

I am now trying to install W7, but after installing files I get an old school BSOD: "The bios in this system is not fully acpi compliant". Replacing the program with a newer version is not an option, as we would be looking at $60k... Any Suggestions are appreciated.

Should I maybe try removing W10 and try installing W7 from scratch?

lopoetve

Fully [H]
What program is it? I'd suggest a VM like I did in the other thread, but knowing what hte program is will tell us if that's possible or not.

Smoblikat

Limp Gawd
^^ winraid is a super legit forum, they always have some really good stuff on there. Shoutout to Fernando the cow!

Iratus

[H]ard|Gawd
Install Linux, install kvm, install windows on kvm. Map usb etc as needed. Lots of guides out there but holla if you need one and I’ll find a decent one. Will take 1-4 hours depending on Linux skills but damn site cheaper than that software (plus you can be a Hero)

You can use passthrough of drives (including nvme) or graphics card so windows just sees and interacts with them normally, just with an abstracted bios through the hypervisor

I feel your pain. We have a key system that the vendor will only support running on an MS Access Database